Fantasy Sports: HF Flyers Keeper League

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
1 seems reasonable. I like that being pushed up to 2 with approval for certain injury circumstances.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Standard Yahoo is 4 per week and that's with smaller rosters...

Oh no. I haven't been checking, but I'm assuming people are abusing the system so that they pretty much always have a lineup of players with games every night. This became an issue on Fantrax and we had to impose a maximum.

No one is abusing the system. Just hard to find certain guys that stick. Lots of these waiver guys go hot/cold frequently.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
I havent seen any abuse yet. This first week is inflated a bit because of people putting players in the NA slot and picking up replacements. Plus some injuries.

I'd like everyone to consider those weeks in the season, especially towards the end when you could easily have 2 or 3 injuries to contend with. At a limit of only 1 per week it could really become an issue. I dont know about you but towards the end of previous seasons I frequently had 4 or 5 injuries on any given week. Dealing with those, plus any new injuries can become troublesome with such a low limit.

I am sure none of us want the limit changing throughout the season, so we need to consider late season injuries and slumps. If the consensus is still 1-2 max we can make this change at the start of next week.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Standard Yahoo is 4 per week and that's with smaller rosters...

No one is abusing the system. Just hard to find certain guys that stick. Lots of these waiver guys go hot/cold frequently.

6 adds one team last night/today....and that's why you draft your team properly is it not? It is abuse to keep the WW flooded.

I can't Add ANY N/A players b/c I didn't have them on my roster to begin season (nice for those that have had them to start - but to fill my hypothetical empty slots with N/A I can't even pick them up and put them there - ******).

We have a bench of 10. 1 add a week is enough.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
6 adds one team last night/today....and that's why you draft your team properly is it not? It is abuse to keep the WW flooded.

I can't Add ANY N/A players b/c I didn't have them on my roster to begin season (nice for those that have had them to start - but to fill my hypothetical empty slots with N/A I can't even pick them up and put them there - ******).

Yeah I just checked this morning and the guy I'm playing had quite a few drop/adds in one day. It's understandable as a one time thing for the N/A's but the others are abuse IMO.

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
sorry, the adds and drops were me. i didnt know how many N/A players we were allowed to have, so i dropped a few i picked up because i wanted a few of them more than the others. i wasnt able to make it to the draft, hence picking up players now

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
I'll keep on eye on it, but I always see/expect lots of add drops during the first week.

In any league not everyone is there for the draft, and they spend the first week dropping players the computer drafted and replacing with ones they would rather have.
Sometimes I have drafted some players, than decided to drop them right away.
There are too many variables to jump to "abuse" conclusions during the first week.

Like I said, I have no problem setting a limit, but I just dont want this to be a knee jerk reaction to what is quite possibly innocent add/drops.

We could set the time it takes to pick up a player from the pool, though, so it doesnt go into the roster the same day.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
sorry, the adds and drops were me. i didnt know how many N/A players we were allowed to have, so i dropped a few i picked up because i wanted a few of them more than the others. i wasnt able to make it to the draft, hence picking up players now
No worries. There was definitely confusion regarding all of the N/A and such.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ

Didn't notice that actually. But I didn't have any NA players to start the year either. I still think 1 is a little strict. Maybe 3 or so a week because of injuries and such.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Didn't notice that actually. But I didn't have any NA players to start the year either. I still think 1 is a little strict. Maybe 3 or so a week because of injuries and such.

We have a BENCH of 10 for injuries.... 3 a week people will still flood the WW to have as many starts as they can against teams, usually coming out on top by a few points b/c of this. It's a game of WW and not the team you drafted... isn't that why we have a big bench to take away people playing the WW fantasy game....

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
We have a BENCH of 10 for injuries.... 3 a week people will still flood the WW to have as many starts as they can against teams, usually coming out on top by a few points b/c of this. It's a game of WW and not the team you drafted... isn't that why we have a big bench to take away people playing the WW fantasy game....

No one does it to get the most starts possible. I actually lost a start on my last pick-up. You seem paranoid.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
Keep in mind this league has been around for..what? 5 years now? We are used to dealing with large rosters and large benches. This season the bench is smaller than what we had. And even then every one of us had struggles at some point with injuries.

It does seem like the consensus wants a limit, so we will make that change. But I really think 1 is too small. Especially as the season progresses.

We'll also make it so a pick up will take a day to be put on the roster so it cant be added to a starting spot right away.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Keep in mind this league has been around for..what? 5 years now? We are used to dealing with large rosters and large benches. This season the bench is smaller than what we had. And even then every one of us had struggles at some point with injuries.

It does seem like the consensus wants a limit, so we will make that change. But I really think 1 is too small. Especially as the season progresses.

We'll also make it so a pick up will take a day to be put on the roster so it cant be added to a starting spot right away.

Is there a waiver claim feature? In football there is one weekly, where the team with the highest waiver claim has priority to add a guy over anyone else. This would coincide with the "add day."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->