HF Devils Official ‘18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
They shouldn't cause they can't prove you sold them and I forget the guys name but he left the Devils years ago but he was the only dummy who cared about that nonsense and put it in originally. I don't recall hearing any stories of anyone having their tickets revoked recently.

How many games are you planning on selling? If you're worried about missing that many games you should just go with the stubhub plan next for the 19-20 season.
A coworker and I split 2 seats. So we’ll each get about 12-15 games each after sellbacks.

David Conte

Oct 6, 2014
My rep said the paper tickets that all 3+ year tenured members receive will just be the box office stock and nothing special, so I find it odd they would take on the cost of printing those for everyone versus doing it by request like in years passed.

And here I was doing figurative cartwheels around the house because the email we got this year finally mentioned printed tickets. What an utter disappointment. I'm inevitably going to hop on at least a few of the other teams' boards leer jealously at the nice, commemorative ticket stock that their STH get.

I mean, it still gets me into the game in the grand scheme of things, but with a commitment to overpay on the whole as opposed to a StubHub plan you'd think they would throw us a bone. I have quite a few people that I've gotten into hockey over the years, and many have the ticket I gave them either saved or displayed in some manner. It certainly looked better from a business perspective too, especially when they printed the single game ticket price on it a few years ago. I'd have no hesitation paying a little extra to get those back. Maybe I just have the mentality of an old fart (as my account's namesake did with countless draft picks), but this forcible transition to mobile ticketing irks me in general.

I guess it's at least better that I found out on here, as opposed to opening the box with glee and seeing the bare-bones tickets inside... :(

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
We are talking about the corner of Lafayette next to the parking deck though

But even the parking deck is east of Broad. Going onto Broad is leaving the prudential center bubble.

I think the issue is so many more people enter from the other way.

There are events when the line at the Market entrance is so packed I walk around the building and breeze into the Lafayette entrance. Saves minutes, even with the walk.

And many of the people entering on Lafayette are coming from the parking lots to the south. The dining options need to be as inline of the foot traffic as possible, and that spot is not.

Now can it survive via non prudential customers? Crab shack did not survive, but if the trend in Newark is on the up, then maybe subsequent efforts will.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
If you can't walk outside the parking deck and one building over to go eat then you never wanted to eat there that badly in the first place lol

I get the foot traffic and what not but this isn't a long walk or anything, it's a 1 minute walk away from an entrance to the arena. They just need something that people want to actually go to and I think a chain like Joe's Crab Shack just didn't interest a lot of people.

I would have much preferred a pub of some nature with good food than another seafood joint but well see how it goes and I'm still hoping someone does something with the empty burger/coffee place that is directly next to the parking deck.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
If you can't walk outside the parking deck and one building over to go eat then you never wanted to eat there that badly in the first place lol

If you don't know the place is there it doesn't matter how far away it is. If you typically park down on Mulberry, then eat at a spot that you see on your walk to the Pru entrance, then you will never see that this place even opened, let alone make a decision as to whether or not you want to go there.

IMO part of converting the existing park lots into commercial retail space is pushing the parking lots further out, and thus increasing the prudential umbrella.

Put a parking lot west of Broad and Pru event patrons will become Broad street patrons. Right now there is not a lot of that. And the deck just east of Broad, no matter how close, does not get people onto Broad.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
If you don't know the place is there it doesn't matter how far away it is. If you typically park down on Mulberry, then eat at a spot that you see on your walk to the Pru entrance, then you will never see that this place even opened, let alone make a decision as to whether or not you want to go there.

IMO part of converting the existing park lots into commercial retail space is pushing the parking lots further out, and thus increasing the prudential umbrella.

Put a parking lot west of Broad and Pru event patrons will become Broad street patrons. Right now there is not a lot of that. And the deck just east of Broad, no matter how close, does not get people onto Broad.

But it's not really on Broad, it's on the corner of Broad and Lafayette. You see it when you make a right on to Lafayette to get into the parking lot or in the big parking lot right across from the arena. There's enough people that are turning on to that street alone that if the place is good it should do well enough. Also plenty of people walk up Broad as well to turn on Lafayette because of the parking lot even further down on Broad.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
And here I was doing figurative cartwheels around the house because the email we got this year finally mentioned printed tickets. What an utter disappointment. I'm inevitably going to hop on at least a few of the other teams' boards leer jealously at the nice, commemorative ticket stock that their STH get.

I mean, it still gets me into the game in the grand scheme of things, but with a commitment to overpay on the whole as opposed to a StubHub plan you'd think they would throw us a bone. I have quite a few people that I've gotten into hockey over the years, and many have the ticket I gave them either saved or displayed in some manner. It certainly looked better from a business perspective too, especially when they printed the single game ticket price on it a few years ago. I'd have no hesitation paying a little extra to get those back. Maybe I just have the mentality of an old fart (as my account's namesake did with countless draft picks), but this forcible transition to mobile ticketing irks me in general.

I guess it's at least better that I found out on here, as opposed to opening the box with glee and seeing the bare-bones tickets inside... :(

Don't look at the Rangers board they have some pretty cool looking tickets as usual.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Emphasis on want them, for sure.

Me, personally, don't care to keep my ticket stubs. Going to as many Devils and Yankees games as I do, keeping ticket stubs is just pack rat shit.

Now, I *do* display my hard-stock ticket from Marty Night, obviously. It has Kinkaid on it. :laugh:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Just got my tickets and the hard tickets are actually tickets with designs! What a pleasant surprise! Really wasn't expecting that at all after the last two years of just getting box office style tickets.

Also comes with a Devils pin and one of those larger membership cards with lanyards. They got rid of the ones that are a credit card size though. Really wish they didn't as I don't like wearing a lanyard and this thing doesn't fit into my pocket. A credit card sized one I could at least stick in my wallet.

Box they came in is really nice as well. Overall a solid job.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Just got my tickets and the hard tickets are actually tickets with designs! What a pleasant surprise! Really wasn't expecting that at all after the last two years of just getting box office style tickets.

Also comes with a Devils pin and one of those larger membership cards with lanyards. They got rid of the ones that are a credit card size though. Really wish they didn't as I don't like wearing a lanyard and this thing doesn't fit into my pocket. A credit card sized one I could at least stick in my wallet.

Meh, I'll just keep using the one from last season. It doesn't say a season on it and it's not like they do anything more than read the number off it when getting discounts. Probably won't be a problem getting into the lounge either.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Meh, I'll just keep using the one from last season. It doesn't say a season on it and it's not like they do anything more than read the number off it when getting discounts. Probably won't be a problem getting into the lounge either.

They likely won’t have any food and beverage credit on the old ones, it’s preprogrammed to be on the new ones.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
that's annoying because i really only use it for entrance to the front gate, would much rather keep it in my wallet than have to carry around a large card separately

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

So the tix are not generic box office prints after all? :huh:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

I think we'll just the able to use the hard tickets for a discount since only season ticket holders would have them anyway.

Reactions: New Jersey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad