GDT: HF Boards GDT: 11/29/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It took that kind of effort from maybe the best team to end this. I can live with that.

It's not easy for any team to go into TB and win. Sabres played them toe to toe. What impressed me was the physical game of both teams. It's a stepping stone game for the Sabres, they will be better for it.

Reactions: sabremike

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
You read my mind! I was going to post exactly the same thing a bit earlier.
I also think this might be the year Laine outdoes Ovie - I hope not but I think it might happen

I hope not as well, but if Ovechkin can finish with 50 I could live with it. ;)

It's all about avoiding droughts. Laine has been on absolute fire and he is only up a couple on the guys behind him who have just consistently put up goals. If Laine avoids going five or six games between goals he should run away with it.

Reactions: Heath

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Ah well, can't literally win them all.

Tampa is a great team, and deservedly Cup favorites. I'll gladly take the home-and-home split of the last two games against Tampa.

The streak may be over, but the Sabres have proven at least that they can hang with any team in the league. What a difference a year makes.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Lol we played with an EN for 60 minutes. I would love a playoff series against you guys. Plenty of rest for the second round.
I wouldn't get cocky, Buffalo is coming.......and coming hard for the Atlantic Division. This isn't a "luck scenario". Buffalo has the assets going forward to not only achieve its goals, but surpass them. You've grown to accustomed to the rebuild years.
Well, those years are over. You can expect to see Buffalo "in your face" in the years going forward. Count on it.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Doughty getting steamrolled

McDavid just destroyed Doughty

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
You're a Leafs fan right? Why would you want Tampa to win? They have a far better chance of winning the division than us. Watch them win the division by a point and you guys lose to them in the second round in 7 with the deciding game being played in Tampa.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I wouldn't get cocky, Buffalo is coming.......and coming hard for the Atlantic Division. This isn't a "luck scenario". Buffalo has the assets going forward to not only achieve its goals, but surpass them. You've grown to accustomed to the rebuild years.
Well, those years are over. You can expect to see Buffalo "in your face" in the years going forward. Count on it.
but then you did

Reactions: JDBolt and Heath

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Will there be any hats left for Laine since Ehlers got a hatty already?

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
That game reminded me of the Avs trying to take down the Preds in the playoffs last year. Great effort, but just too over-matched.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Will there be any hats left for Laine since Ehlers got a hatty already?
That 3rd liner can't even Hatty
canteven.jpg

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Sabres look good. They are probably a little too high in the standings right now. But they are not a bottom 5 team as a thread suggested they were this year. They also played half the game without Mccabe. So I thought their effort against the NHL's best team for the President's cup was respectable. And something Sabres fans should be optimistic for. They didn't have Sheary and Berglund either. It's a long season, as long as they are not beset with injuries, I see them in the mix for the playoffs this year. They're coming.

Reactions: Yatzhee

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
You're a Leafs fan right? Why would you want Tampa to win? They have a far better chance of winning the division than us. Watch them win the division by a point and you guys lose to them in the second round in 7 with the deciding game being played in Tampa.

I believe he is happy that Buffalo finally lost.

Or is scientific terms.
NaCl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad