GDT: HF Boards GDT: 11/29/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Oh hey NHL.com is down again, what a surprise.

The app also isn't showing scores for today, or for the last two days.

By far one of their worst decisions was redesigning that site. Was there multiple times a day before then, now I literally never visit.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
The app also isn't showing scores for today, or for the last two days.

By far one of their worst decisions was redesigning that site. Was there multiple times a day before then, now I literally never visit.
The Stats part is better now. Much better.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
as a leafs fan who hates sabres with passion; i have to admit that tampa got favourable calls for and things against that should have been called refs turned a blind eye
As a Sabres fan who much respects what the Leafs are building and their talent, the poster is correct to an extent. We screwed the pooch. It's to be expected with youth and an as yet incomplete roster.
You as a Leafs fan I am well aware you know, you guys felt it the past 2 seasons.
It happens.

But respect to you for showing consistency on the reffing. I wish so many more fans would demand it. Thanks.

Reactions: bukwas

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
I'll agree that the officiating wasn't the finest but it didn't affect anything. Buffalo didn't need power plays to score at will on Domingue. Give the Sabres another goal for the hell of it... 6 goals a game is near routine for the Lightning these days
You guys have a hell of a team and are definitely the better team. A super physical game with a lot of hits and hopefully no long term injuries. That game had playoff buzz and I definitely don’t want to see Tampa in the playoffs. Congrats on the win

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Oh **** I was just looking at the stats at the same time! And all the way back to...2008!

Oh you f***. Did you at least text Bettman that you were planning to do that so that he could call in and have Bob at NHL.com spin up another server (by server I mean toaster).

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
bruin took out the isle and his own goalie; its cute that you think otherwise but hey dont expect much from a bruin fan
DeBrusk was already down Beauvilier cannot go in diving over top of him and heythanks for Rask he was great tonight

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Well 50/50 means you cannot over turn the call on the ice. Isles were running Rask all game
Yea, I am cool with it. But it was not a clear call. With out DeBrusk there Beau likely stops. Beau didnt intentionally fall on DeBrusk... he wasent even looking at him. DeBrusk dive bombed his own goalie.

Reactions: sabremike

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Not necessarily a GDT post, but relevant for everyone watching their games...

Have the refs been exceptionally bad this year? The last two years overall, no matter what game I watch, I’ve been shocked at how bad they’ve been.

I've noticed alot of soft calls this year. They call a few softies early either way. Then later decide to lay off the whistle unless its egregious, & they end up letting stuff go that's as bad as the stuff they called earlier. Makes you wonder what's a penalty.

I give them credit for trying to maybe set a new standard(?). but you know it won't hold up in the playoffs. If it even lasts that long.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
I've noticed alot of soft calls this year. They call a few softies early either way. Then later decide to lay off the whistle unless its egregious, & they end up letting stuff go that's as bad as the stuff they called earlier. Makes you wonder what's a penalty.

I give them credit for trying to maybe set a new standard(?). but you know it won't hold up in the playoffs. If it even lasts that long.
Isles/Bruins game tonight had a bunch of odd icing calls. Icings that werent, calls that shouldnt have been icings were called. Very late "wave offs" of icings.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Yea, I am cool with it. But it was not a clear call. With out DeBrusk there Beau likely stops. Beau didnt intentionally fall on DeBrusk... he wasent even looking at him. DeBrusk dive bombed his own goalie.

Without DeBrusk and beau there Rask would have had a chance to stop it and probably make the save. DeBrusk did not take out Beau as a way of preventing a goal by tripping, stick infraction or hitting from behind he was diving to stop the pass coming across. It was not the case were a defender cross checks a forward from behind and then he takes out the goalie. DeBrusk would have been at fault and it would not be the forwards fault. So to turn it over it has to 100% proof that DeBrusk took him out illegally which was not the case and why the refs and Toronto made the call. Usually and I mean 90% of the time it goes against the Bruins. It was a good game both goalies were good and the Isles have learned how to defend better this year under the new coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->