HF Boards' 2016 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You traded up to draft an inferior Brasilian... there are hundreds of players better than him just south of Brasil.:P

Hundreds? I don't know Uruguay that well. Besides, I have Suarez and therefore need no other Uruguayan.

I hope I didn't tip you off to pick him with my comment earlier in the World Cup Qualifiers thread. Thats who I was going to pick, and you picked him one pick before me.

No comment.

This is my team so far

Neuer
Coleman-Marquinhos-Alderweireld-Shaw
Lamela-Weigl-Nainggolan-Mertens
Kane-Ronaldo

Not was I was expecting. Lamela was a surprise (as in I didn't expect you to go with that formation). Funny thing is LITN was expecting me to take Lamela with that pick he traded me.

That's doubtful...I'm thinking a number of people had him on their radar. They were just hoping he falls far enough to warrant drafting a prospect.

Who? Dybala?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not was I was expecting. Lamela was a surprise (as in I didn't expect you to go with that formation). Funny thing is LITN was expecting me to take Lamela with that pick he traded me.

My team can switch formations. I might play three at the back, but I almost have to play with a two striker formation since I have Ronaldo and Kane.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Hundreds? I don't know Uruguay that well. Besides, I have Suarez and therefore need no other Uruguayan.

hqdefault.jpg

Who? Dybala?

Dybala is a prospect now? :laugh:

Was talking about the random Brasilian you drafted...fake Jesus or something.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
My team can switch formations. I might play three at the back, but I almost have to play with a two striker formation since I have Ronaldo and Kane.

Yeah, I might have a couple of options when it's all said and done.

Ah, so you're a fellow geography enthusiast. Nice.

Dybala is a prospect now? :laugh:

Was talking about the random Brasilian you drafted...fake Jesus or something.

He's only a prospect if you can't detect sarcasm.

"Random" eh? A lot of "random" Brazilians over the years.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yup, a lot of them...you can usually find them in a buffet line.

I don't do buffets. I'm a sucker for pizza and so when I got to the local Italian joints I sometimes see a jersey.

"Juventus supporter eh? Dybala is going to be amazing for them."

"Who?"

To be fair I get that from a lot of teams' supporters. Chelsea guy last year was to baffled at Mourinho's failure.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't do buffets. I'm a sucker for pizza and so when I got to the local Italian joints I sometimes see a jersey.

"Juventus supporter eh? Dybala is going to be amazing for them."

"Who?"

To be fair I get that from a lot of teams' supporters. Chelsea guy last year was to baffled at Mourinho's failure.

A lot of people wear jerseys for the heck of it.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
A lot of people wear jerseys for the heck of it.

Even go to games for the heck of it. You'd be surprised how many people don't know who the new signings on a team are. It's a joke. I'll mention this player because he's terrible and nobody will pick him, but for people wearing team shirts at a Chelsea/Liverpool game to not know who Victor Moses is, is absolutely incredible.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah, in my experience whenever I get to chatting with someone wearing a jersey they usually aren't too up on the team if at all. It's like when I talk to someone with a Madrid shirt and they actually think Ronaldo is a good player. No offense Vasilevskiy.

Jan 3, 2012
Toure... Did he fall or has his decline just been that significant?

I recall hearing about how he had declined over the past season or two and was hestitant on drafting him because of such.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well, he's been demoted to the reserves and isn't in the CL squad so it's hard to take him. Last year he was still coming off a strong season and was a first team regular. I mean he's not an out of place pick at this point in my opinion because he can still provide some good things, but he's no longer a top midfielder and has very few prospects moving forward.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
is it because he is 33

or is it because he is actually 37 and is an age fraud?

I actually just think he's lazy. I mean you can see the skill, talent and athleticism is there, or maybe his body declined really quickly and it just looks like he doesn't care, but he doesn't seem to play with any intensity.

Jan 3, 2012
I actually just think he's lazy. I mean you can see the skill, talent and athleticism is there, or maybe his body declined really quickly and it just looks like he doesn't care, but he doesn't seem to play with any intensity.

He has Kovalev Syndrome?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

It just seems like he doesn't care anymore. There were a couple games last year where he looked like he cared and played really really good like he is capable of, but his motivation and effort really seem to be gone.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Next time someone wonders why England sucks, I'll point out that only three English players were taken in the top 125 of our draft. I think that should answer some questions.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Even go to games for the heck of it. You'd be surprised how many people don't know who the new signings on a team are. It's a joke. I'll mention this player because he's terrible and nobody will pick him, but for people wearing team shirts at a Chelsea/Liverpool game to not know who Victor Moses is, is absolutely incredible.

In hockey too. Makes it hard to have a conversation about sports when no one knows anything.

Next time someone wonders why England sucks, I'll point out that only three English players were taken in the top 125 of our draft. I think that should answer some questions.

One of which is broken.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands

Yeah, no kidding. Goes for Oranje as well. They might be even worse off. One should've been picked ages ago, but few really know how good he is.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Can't wait for WBS to go. He'll be picking almost 20% of his entire squad when he's up. No pressure. :sarcasm:

Actually a few people I'm interested in seeing pick. Granted I've got a while before I pick again so not much else for me to do here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad