HF Boards' 2016 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Sweet pick Curtinho.

Thought long and hard about my pick. Probably could've waited to selected Vazquez but Banega going earlier caused me to panic a bit. Still being able to pick him up this late is incredibly. Fantastic player who has proven chemistry with Dybala and should link up great with Messi. Hell he can probably start over Cesc.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I was definitely considering Vazquez, but you would have some time with me. Not sure who else was considering him though.

Figured Draxler would go sooner rather than later at this stage.

I like the Areola pick, but like Berardi not sure of the timing here.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I was definitely considering Vazquez, but you would have some time with me. Not sure who else was considering him though.

Figured Draxler would go sooner rather than later at this stage.

I like the Areola pick, but like Berardi not sure of the timing here.

You were my biggest fear. Having 2 picks before I pick next, influenced my decision heavily.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You were my biggest fear. Having 2 picks before I pick next, influenced my decision heavily.

Yeah, I figured it'd be your or I who grabbed him. He's been on the radar since day one too, but I was planning on Bravo with that last pick.

I've got him covered really depending how I line up, but I wouldn't have passed at some point.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I was going to nick Vertonghen at some stage, but figured he wouldn't be around. Nice pick, though I have to say that just because he wears a white shirt it has nothing to do with Madrid.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Thanks d2m. He's not necessarily going to be my starter but he'll give me great depth at the position.

I probably could have waited on him but I really wanted him. Not sure why I would have taken Berardi later though...he's better than a lot of players taken before him and most importantly is extremely productive at a very young age. Looks like he's going to have his best season yet, too.

Also Vertonghen is a very solid pick. Vazquez was also on my radar.

Jan 3, 2012
Not sure if I should have taken Vertonghen at Lb over Digne but eh we'll see

Was probably going to grab Pulisic next, that is a solid pick

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I probably could have waited on him but I really wanted him. Not sure why I would have taken Berardi later though...he's better than a lot of players taken before him and most importantly is extremely productive at a very young age. Looks like he's going to have his best season yet, too.

My commentary wasn't about where he was picked in general or his overall quality.

Not sure if I should have taken Vertonghen at Lb over Digne but eh we'll see

I think Digne is better as a LB. Chances of you landing both wouldn't have been high.

Jan 3, 2012
My commentary wasn't about where he was picked in general or his overall quality.

I think Digne is better as a LB. Chances of you landing both wouldn't have been high.

I was flipping around for a few rounds on LB selection... Was going to take Painter but decided on Digne. Probably wouldve grab painter next round with the tielemans pick

Jan 3, 2012
Unfortunately i might be a while on my next pick

going out now and then work hungover in the AM

I was hopin g to get this done before my summer job finished on the 26th

when i was there I could track this all day

not that i cant finish it i just ahte making everyone wait

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Unfortunately i might be a while on my next pick

going out now and then work hungover in the AM

I was hopin g to get this done before my summer job finished on the 26th

when i was there I could track this all day

not that i cant finish it i just ahte making everyone wait

I'm confused. You can't make a drunk pick when you get home? Why wait until now to start picking sober?

Jan 3, 2012
I'm confused. You can't make a drunk pick when you get home? Why wait until now to start picking sober?

No because I gotta crash and get 5 hours of sleep before work

plus i was gunna take oscar you ******

wow that word is blocked

seriously

wow

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Make us proud and go up to the prettiest girl in the bar and call her "painter" all night. Better yet, tell her that her father must be a painter because he created a masterpiece like here. :laugh::D:naughty::sarcasm::popcorn:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If i come home and pick drunk ill probably end up drafting harambe

Don't mention gorillas that haven't been picked yet!

Also drunk drafting is the best drafting. If it gets to me tonight I will be in that boat.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Debated between Nolito and Gaitan for my 7th round pick. Was trying to trade up for 2 of those 4 picks wbs had in a row in round 11 to make sure I got him and Banega then. Ended up with both and didn't have to give anything up to boot.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Gaitan is a solid pick man.

I'm pretty darn happy with how my team looks from a starting XI point of view.

Especially happy getting Firmino where I did. He got 6 goals and 5 assists in the 10 games he played as a striker/f9 last season, and 1 goal 1 assist in 3 games so far this year. His work rate, chance creation and even his goal scoring is so great from that position on the pitch.

Hazard - Firmino - di Maria
Pjanic - Pogba
Krychowiak
Luis - Benatia - Matip - Carvajal​

With Berardi ready to come off the bench if I need a more direct scoring threat from the right.

Beast mode.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Debated between Nolito and Gaitan for my 7th round pick. Was trying to trade up for 2 of those 4 picks wbs had in a row in round 11 to make sure I got him and Banega then. Ended up with both and didn't have to give anything up to boot.

Stop stealing my picks. :rant:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ok. I am on the clock right now, but unfortunately, the Soon-to-be Mrs. Savant and I are on the way to the movies. I will try to make a pick before it starts but if not shoot me trade down offers to keep things moving

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad