HF Boards' 2016 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm surprised with some of the younger players that went that nobody was in on Berardi.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I just meant because of how prolific he's been at such a young age and his start to this season has just been straight fire.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Not at football.

4th best goal scorer in the Bundesliga last year despite playing less and on a lower scoring team than the guys ahead of him. Extremely smart movement without the ball to lure defenders out of position, and pretty good combination play. I think it was a good pick at this stage in the draft. :dunno:

I agree with you that Brandt is better though. ;)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
2 Years ago Crapacio was 4th in scoring in the Serie A...2 behind Tevez and I still think he just might be the worst Argentinian striker to play for the NT.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Javier Hernandez has been a different player for Leverkusen than he ever was for Manchester United, he's been crazy good. Also, if we are taking national team into consideration, Chicarito is lights out with Mexico. Not to mention the fact that he missed 6 games in last year's BuLi and still finished 4th top with 17 goals in 28 matches.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Javier Hernandez has been a different player for Leverkusen than he ever was for Manchester United, he's been crazy good. Also, if we are taking national team into consideration, Chicarito is lights out with Mexico. Not to mention the fact that he missed 6 games in last year's BuLi and still finished 4th top with 17 goals in 28 matches.

He scored at a very high rate in Leverkusen's CL matches as well. Higher than in the Bundesliga I believe. He was always a smart and talented player. IDK why some people loathe him so much.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
But having a month of great football and cheating on top of that, can make a player an overrated legend though in otherwise not so impressive career (e.g Maradona).

Every player that dives cheats...not sure what this has to do with anything though?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Great pick VK. Banega is still a highly underrated player. Really not that many better CMs around. Too bad he went to the Inter shipwreck.

Just trying to show you that anyone scoring a lot of goals in a random year doesn't make you a good footballer.

Chicharito is a good footballer though sorry.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Big pick for Theon there. I'd call that almost a draft saving pick for him. Stole a march on another one of you as well.

I'm surprised with some of the younger players that went that nobody was in on Berardi.

He was going to be a consideration at some point, but I don't see myself taking him sooner.

I'm actually quite surprised you took him there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad