HF Boards' 2016 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
So it's that time of year again and so we have another draft.

PARTICIPANTS

Looking for no more than 12. Cut off to join is Wednesday 8/17/2016 by 10pm CST. First come, first serve. Please only join if you're in this for the long haul though because this can be time consuming. Also, please read the rules before expressing an interest. Darft will start at a designated time on Thursday 8/18/2016 and continue until it's over.

MrFunnyWobbl
Deficient Mode
Evilo
Ajacied
Vasilevskiy
Live in the Now
Savant
les Habs
Duchene2MacKinnon

RULES

Hello again,

I'm sending this PM out to select people as I'm going public tonight with our draft. As it stands we have now have 8 of us. We'll have just over 48 hours for anyone else to join. I'm pretty open to anyone so long as they aren't someone who ditched a draft in the past or if we're concerned by someone from the other draft joining for whatever reason.

Here is the updated format/list of rules:

-Snake draft. 22 rounds. So you'll have essentially two players per position if you choose. NOTE, you should have a minimum of two goalkeepers.

-We won't be drafting managers. You're the manager, so your formation, tactics, etc.

-No judges. I'd be open to it to an extent, but it's not necessary. That said I would say that we should focus on a building a team to both be competitive now and in the future. I guess think of it as we're all new franchises. I would consider things like your players fitting your formation/tactics, having a balanced squad, having players who can take freekicks, penalties, corners, etc. You should also identify a captain and a vice-captain.

-Minimum of 2 GKs per team.

-Trades are allowed. One for one trades only though. So a few examples:

---One pick for one pick.
---One pick for one player.
---One player for one player.
---Two picks for one player and one pick.
---One pick and two players for two picks and one player.

Etc, etc. I think that illustrates the point.

ALSO, when you agree to a trade one of you needs to post the deal and the other needs to quote that post and write "Agreed." Until the post is quoted and agreed to the trade has not occurred, but when that happens it's done.

-12 hours between picks. If you miss a pick, 11 hours from then on, 10 hours after a second missed pick, 9 hours after a third missed pick, 8 hours after a fourth missed pick. If after that you miss two consecutive picks you're out. Either way please use another member as a proxy if you can't make a pick and if something comes us just PM me. Also, please try your best to keep the draft moving along as quickly as possible. After you make a pick you'll need to make sure you PM the next guy on the list. If their PM box is full, post in the discussion thread that it's their turn. Also, please make sure you check to see if it's your turn to pick just to be sure.

-NO DISCUSSION, hints or otherwise, about undrafted players please.

-Live in the Now has agreed to start the picks thread and will maintain it for us.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Funny, I was thinking to myself that I should've joined the other draft. As for one it looks fun and I think I would've won based on how shaking down so far. The players here might make this draft harder but I'm in. If y'all don't mind.:nod:

Question: How do you determine the draft order?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Question: How do you determine the draft order?

Well you find someone who isn't going to be in the draft, like Duchene2MacKinnon, to go to a site that randomizes for you and it's done... :help: Yes, that was the original plan.

Anyway, welcome aboard! Things just got even harder still.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Well you find someone who isn't going to be in the draft, like Duchene2MacKinnon, to go to a site that randomizes for you and it's done... :help: Yes, that was the original plan.

Anyway, welcome aboard! Things just got even harder still.

HAHAHA! It looks like I'm already ruining your plans? I'm off to a great start.:D

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm in.

I've been in all the other drafts (I think) but I guess I didn't make the exclusivity list.

Jan 3, 2012
Damn the competition is tough in this one

Another rule is don't draft the players I want

Last edited:

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
Don't have the time to join in on this at the moment but can do the draft order for y'all if you'd like.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yikes, such a rip off thread. This is no offence to Les Habs because you can make any thread and fantasy draft you want, but I see a lot of the posters here are the dirtbags who were whining how many "horrible picks" there were in the other. So this in a sense is a thread trying to prove or show how "superior" I am ("X" poster) to other people here in this forum.

Nasty individuals humans are.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Yikes, such a rip off thread. This is no offence to Les Habs because you can make any thread and fantasy draft you want, but I see a lot of the posters here are the dirtbags who were whining how many "horrible picks" there were in the other. So this in a sense is a thread trying to prove or show how "superior" I am to other people are here.

:laugh: we love you too SEPH

Jan 3, 2012
Yikes, such a rip off thread. This is no offence to Les Habs because you can make any thread and fantasy draft you want, but I see a lot of the posters here are the dirtbags who were whining how many "horrible picks" there were in the other. So this in a sense is a thread trying to prove or show how "superior" I am ("X" poster) to other people here in this forum.

someone needs a ride on the relaxi taxi

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

This is funny.

The reason there's another draft is because it was almost impossible for everyone to sign up in the super short time there was for people to sign up and because the picking window was too short.

Get over yourself.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

mj-laughing.gif

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York

Leg-Extension.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad