Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Top 3 lines... Without Patch

Domi / Drouin / Armia
Lehkonen / Danault / Gallagher
Hudon / DLR / Scherbak

Who do we put Domi with? I like him with Drouin and Armia... If our line-up stays as is and Patch is gone for futures.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta

Domi / Drouin / Armia
Hudon / DLR / Scherbak

Who do we put Domi with? I like him with Drouin and Armia... If our line-up stays as is and Patch is gone for futures.
I don't see Armia as a first line winger. Perhaps change places for him with Gallagher.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't see Armia as a first line winger. Perhaps change places for him with Gallagher.

Me neither but this is rebuild years. This is not about who should or should not be on the top line. This is about how those top 3 lines are balanced and how they can improve moving forward into their prime years.

Personally, I like Gallagher playing with either Danault or Pleky. We need a shutdown line and Gallagher don't need Drouin or Domi to create chances. Gallagher can play in a shutdown line role and still put up points.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
the Habs twitter account, trying too hard to look cool, reporting everything of zero significance and try to make it look like some sort of event.

Must be someone's nephew running that Twitter account. It's pathetically lame

Reactions: Peanut

Tourist

Nov 26, 2014
We need a shutdown line and Gallagher don't need Drouin or Domi to create chances. Gallagher can play in a shutdown line role and still put up points.
Perhaps but Drouin and Domi, as young playmakers, need a good finisher on their line to score more points and build confidence. On top of that the Habs don't have enough talent at forward to have the luxury of playing their top scorer on a shutdown line with Plekanec a la Kessel in Pittsburgh, especially with Pacioretty removed from the lineup.

Drouin looked better at the end of last season with Gallagher (then again all our forwards seem to look better with Gallagher). I find Gallagher to be the perfect complement to Drouin both in terms of play style and compete level. You need to play hard with Gallagher and Drouin has no choice to keep up. I'd keep these two together regardless. I'd try Domi on that line to start. If Pacioretty is back then he can play with Danault as they seem to have a decent connection.

Domi - Drouin - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Danault - Armia
Hudon - DLR - Scherbak
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Shaw

Reactions: junyab

junyab

Jan 22, 2013

Domi / Drouin / Armia
Hudon / DLR / Scherbak

With Drouin and Domi both being predominantly playmakers I'd split them up, or put a natural goal scorer with them. Or Gallagher otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad