• No no no no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Oh FFS there we go... now hes our 2C.
You know it's going to happen, Bergevin just mentioned that he is a winger to keep the heat off him before the season starts. If Bergevin strikes out in free agency or the trade market you will see Drouin and Domi as our 1-2 center combo. It's so predictable at this point.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
You know it's going to happen, Bergevin just mentioned that he is a winger to keep the heat off him before the season starts. If Bergevin strikes out in free agency or the trade market you will see Drouin and Domi as our 1-2 center combo. It's so predictable at this point.

Oh you know it's coming buddy!

"hold my beer"

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

Agree with the comment that Galchenyuk improved on the half-wall on the PP. He was dangerous in that position and has further room to grow.

Regarding positional differences...I think this is a winger-for-winger trade. Any hope on behalf of either team that Domi/Galchenyuk will be a long-term C is misguided.

Edit: whoops, I thought this comment was in reference to Galchenyuk. Although I do think Galchenyuk improved in that half-wall PP role and Tocchet's comment could apply to either player.

Last edited:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Isn't Danault going to be top 2 C this year...like he was before?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Sounds like a winger to me.

This trade is alright if Habs were planing on signing a third line UFA for around 3 anyway. And take Galchenyuk's5 million a year and sign a UFA instead. Or use his 5 million to take on a bad contract in exchange for a draft pick. This way they get a guy who our scouts were once high on. Plus gain a pick

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Just watched WJC Gold medal game from 2015. Domi was certainly impressive in that tourny. Scored Canada's 4 and 5th goals. Playing on a line with Duclair and Reinhart. Fucale was in net. Canada was up 5-1 mid 2nd period. Russia came back to make it 5-4late in 2nd period. But Fucale shut the door after that

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think Max Domi will quickly become a fan favorite and will be a solid player for this team. His tenacity and determination will be appreciated

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I think Max Domi will quickly become a fan favorite and will be a solid player for this team. His tenacity and determination will be appreciated

I have no issue with Domi, he's like Drouin and Gallagher rolled into one. He's a good player, I have no doubt about that.

My issue, personally, is with the dreadful management this team has made of Galchenyuk.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I have no issue with Domi, he's like Drouin and Gallagher rolled into one. He's a good player, I have no doubt about that.

My issue, personally, is with the dreadful management this team has made of Galchenyuk.
This was always the problem with Empty managing while playing favorites, especially towards players like DD, who ultimately were only borderline NHLers... as opposed to a coach who sees his job as a combination of mentoring emerging top talent and achieving short-term results. Having Empty there so long, and MB doubling down on him while he was floundering, resulted in having squandered a 3OV draft choice who may still emerge as a viable 1C.

To a lesser extent, the same can be said about how Eller was managed to DD's benefit. MB ultimately sold low on him as well, in order to placate his irrational coach. Fast-forward to this spring, and it looks like Eller was not as devoid of talent as made out to be.

Edit: if you could go back in time and change one thing 6 years ago, which would ultimately change the outcome of the team... if MB had hired a top coach instead of Empty, and starting from the team and draft choices he inherited from his predecessor, this team would be a lot better off.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLP and Tyson

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I think he can definitely be a high assist guy. If he can pot 20+ on top of that he's going to put up some big time numbers.
He is always around the net and has the puck more then any player when he's on the ice.
He's very strong in the corners and dominates the offensive zone. He was very snake bit around the net last year.
He is exactly the type of high skilled gritty player who will excel in the playoffs and the most important thing about Max is he makes everyone on the ice better when he's out there. I watched most of the Yotes games last year.
Can you say the same thing about Alex?

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
This was always the problem with Empty managing while playing favorites, especially towards players like DD, who ultimately were only borderline NHLers... as opposed to a coach who sees his job as a combination of mentoring emerging top talent and achieving short-term results. Having Empty there so long, and MB doubling down on him while he was floundering, resulted in having squandered a 3OV draft choice who may still emerge as a viable 1C.

To a lesser extent, the same can be said about how Eller was managed to DD's benefit. MB ultimately sold low on him as well, in order to placate his irrational coach. Fast-forward to this spring, and it looks like Eller was not as devoid of talent as made out to be.

Edit: if you could go back in time and change one thing 6 years ago, which would ultimately change the outcome of the team... if MB had hired a top coach instead of Empty, and starting from the team and draft choices he inherited from his predecessor, this team would be a lot better off.
If the Habs were a properly-managed club that valued achievement and competency over optics, Michel Therrien would never have coached for them once, let alone twice. But the Habs care more about how they are perceived by the cultural and linguistic watchdogs of the Quebec media than about actually being any good. And because this is the case, we get coaches like Therrien and GM's like Bergevin. And the sad thing is, none of this is changing. Bergevin could get fired today and the next guy in the chair will do exactly the same stupid crap because he will be a clone of Bergevin. He may not wear purple pants but he will think the game the same way.

Reactions: cphabs

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
The guy finished the year with 18 points in 20 games. That's something to look forward to... I guess...

I'm at the point where I'm trying to find anything positive to hang on to I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad