• Yes play him at C permanently!

• Play him at C for a bit and see how he does

• No no no no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
Got a good feeling about this kid coming to a quicker eastern conference. Can carry the play make passes and play with pace. Been high on him since his rookie year, he needs a good shot in the arm. Seems like the type of kid who has a certain idea of how a nhl city is supposed to be like a d will be happy to feel relavent.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Top 6 players who score less than 10 goals over a full season of 82 games really are not that common.

How many do he think scores this year if given top 6 min and some PP time?
Over/under 10? 15? 20? Give us your best guess.
I know there isn't alot of quality in our top 6 F presently, but Ill go out on a limb and say he doubles total last year you reference.

Having seen him play well over 100 games live in jr (and as many on the road on pvr) I can say the kid loves the spotlight. I think he steps up, savours the opportunity and fills a void. High motor, decent #s, team guy et al.

Last edited:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I know there isn't alot of quality in our top 6 F presently, but Ill go out on a limb and say he doubles total last year you reference.

Having seen him play well over 100 games live in jr (and as many on the road on pvr) I can say the kid loves the spotlight. I think he steps up, savours the opportunity and fills a void. High motor, decent #s, team guy et al.

He'll do better. I mean he should be. Not that hard ...

But anyone who thinks 9 goals in 82 games for a guy his age is not a big warning sign is out for launch. Maybe he'll figure it out and will chain 25g-60p seasons. But make no mistake we traded a guy with problems for another guy with problems.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site

My wish is a 15g 50 pts season...

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement

I liked his play in Junior too. I think he's going to surprise us and if he can find our shooters with his passing on the ice he'll have most likely more success with the likes of Weber and Pacioretty than whatever he had with him in Arizona. One thing is certain, of all the Habs players right now Max Domi is the best pure playmaker they have.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Domi had 18pts in his last 20 games. He would never keep that pace up, but if he was able to produce that much it's a good indicator of his talent level and what he can bring to a team.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
He'll do better. I mean he should be. Not that hard ...

But anyone who thinks 9 goals in 82 games for a guy his age is not a big warning sign is out for launch. Maybe he'll figure it out and will chain 25g-60p seasons. But make no mistake we traded a guy with problems for another guy with problems.

So no prediction on his totals? ;)
9 Gs was an issue, I agree.
He had problems in jr as well. Well detailed for those of us in London.
But issues, that I think he would/has grown out off.
No idea what the deal was in Zona. Never watched a full game let alone enough to make a detailed assessment of what problems there may have been.
I just think there is potential there to match Chuckys overall contribution to the team ( not talking either players ceiling either ) based on what CG brought here.

You may turn out to be right. But its a gamble Im glad they took.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I like Domi but expecting any more than 15 goals from him is a stretch IMO. He does not have the shot and he is a play maker. It is possible he gets 40 assists but what goal scorer is he passing the puck to? Weber? lol

ultraboy

Jul 7, 2006
We had too many players who if they don’t score they don’t do anything else.. Max, Galchenyuk, Drouin etc..
I believe with Armia and Domi we are already better then we were last year..
If he can sign Duclaire for cheap it could be fun to watch these guys..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad