Friedman: Hextall looking to bring in a right handed defenseman

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
The key here is he wants a right handed defenceman, not someone who can play the right side. Ghost is a leftie who plays right, and Gudas is our only Natural rightie. Phil Myers could fill that role in the future, but that's pretty much it (Hogberg or Friedman are right as well, but bottom pairing is the likely ceiling there).

Ah.

mc1laren

Jun 18, 2018
So a guy who has played 70 games 1 time in 8 years, is going to magically play 70+ in Philly?

That's a reach.

No to the deal.
Not magically. I think I was fairly effective in voicing the reasons I believe this could be accomplished. He hasn't been plagued with reoccurring injuries nor does he have a particular issue that has forced him to miss games. There's likely to be an underlying issue which I suggested could be due to his role on the team and travel schedule.

What other options does PHI have? This thread has been nothing but PHI fans rejecting almost every possible scenario in which a defenseman has been offered. PHI fans don't want to move a first round pick, Sanheim, Prov, Ghost, Patrick, Giroux or Voracek and some would be hesitant to move Frost. A trade has to benefit both teams to a certain extent. I understand that most of those pieces are valuable enough to hold on to but how do they plan on acquiring a RHD? Unless, of course they are looking to add a 5/6 guy.

ItMe

Jan 4, 2017
Not magically. I think I was fairly effective in voicing the reasons I believe this could be accomplished. He hasn't been plagued with reoccurring injuries nor does he have a particular issue that has forced him to miss games. There's likely to be an underlying issue which I suggested could be due to his role on the team and travel schedule.

What other options does PHI have? This thread has been nothing but PHI fans rejecting almost every possible scenario in which a defenseman has been offered. PHI fans don't want to move a first round pick, Sanheim, Prov, Ghost, Patrick, Giroux or Voracek and some would be hesitant to move Frost. A trade has to benefit both teams to a certain extent. I understand that most of those pieces are valuable enough to hold on to but how do they plan on acquiring a RHD? Unless, of course they are looking to add a 5/6 guy.

Of course we rejected moving those players... If this rumor is true, then it would be 5/6 defenseman, not a top 2/4 type.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Eklund clearly reading this thread

Attachments

• trouba.png
    trouba.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 29

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I think Hextall is going to go all out and roll out the red carpet for Roman Polak, the swift skating, stud of a right-handed defenseman the Flyers need.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Two mid 1st's is an extreme over-payment for 2 years of a guy with that injury history from anyone, let alone a team that's explicitly stated they aren't looking to content right away.

Not talking both. Talking either/or, as the main piece of a potential deal.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Simmons is a duck type of player, just read rumor that ducks interested in Risto( buffalo) Montour for simmons and ducks acquire risto

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
First off Hextall should have been fired years ago he hasn't done anything good to help the flyers get close to winning so for me if he wants a left hand shooting defensemen his best bet would be Trouba,Petry,or Benning..but that means goodbye Gudas or Macdonald too old and slow

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Would you trade Silfverberg and 23 for Simmonds?
I don't think Ducks believe they are that much in win-now mode to give up their 1st rounder and trade for an older player. At least they shouldn't. That's a pretty fair offer (maybe with Philly adding like a 3rd rounder) but that just doesn't work in the situation Ducks are in.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I don't think Ducks believe they are that much in win-now mode to give up their 1st rounder and trade for an older player. At least they shouldn't. That's a pretty fair offer (maybe with Philly adding like a 3rd rounder) but that just doesn't work in the situation Ducks are in.

Havent the ducks also only ever traded like 1 first rounder since their inception?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Havent the ducks also only ever traded like 1 first rounder since their inception?

Last year's went in a conditional trade for Eaves. The '07 and '08 1sts went to Edmonton for Pronger. A late 90s 1st went to the Coyotes for Oleg Tverdovsky, but I don't remember the exact year.

Reactions: Starat327

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad