Injury Report: Hertl out for Remainder of Season (Torn ACL and MCL)

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Well, if we are going to lose couture and hertl to leg injuries in the same season, might as well be during this season.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Oof. Just when the season couldn't get much worse. Hopefully the fact that he was skating afterwards means it wasn't the worst-case scenario for him

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'm ready for this season to be over. I might even cut back on how much Sharks games I see. I'll see the game this week because I like the Tampa Bay Lightning, but the game next week against the Flames on the same night that I fly back from Hawaii, I think I might skip that game. Besides, the Flash comes back that night.

This really sucks. He's going to be out for a good portion of next year as well with a torn ACL and MCL.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Jan Smite

May 7, 2019
I feel like Hertl is nowadays just injured when we need him the most. Same happened playoffs last year and year before.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Yea as much as it would pain me to see Ottawa draft #1 overall it's still in Sharks best interest to have rest of picks as high as possible

The difference between a pick in the 30s vs 40s is negligible. The difference between a top 10 and top 20 pick is often huge. I'm petty and want to give Ottawa the worst pick possible.
Trading players like Dillon and Melker are fine though since they could be replaced with minimal difference.

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
Sens fan coming in peace. Apologize in advance for any fans relishing in this news.

We went through this last year. It is what it is. The fan in me didn't want Colorado to win the lotto for the optics of it, but the rational side of me wanted them to win to keep a top talent out of the conference. You may miss out on a great player, but you aren't exactly gifting it to a team with tons of talent.

Who knows what can happen though. Although Hertl is a core piece of this team, sometimes players rally around these things and can put some solid wins together.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
So if we trade Thornton, our top line center is gonna be Barclay Goodrow. That’s comically bad.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Sens fan coming in peace. Apologize in advance for any fans relishing in this news.

We went through this last year. It is what it is. The fan in me didn't want Colorado to win the lotto for the optics of it, but the rational side of me wanted them to win to keep a top talent out of the conference. You may miss out on a great player, but you aren't exactly gifting it to a team with tons of talent.

Who knows what can happen though. Although Hertl is a core piece of this team, sometimes players rally around these things and can put some solid wins together.
It’s just not going to happen. Any team wanting to win needs a legit Center and our best one right now is Joe Thornton followed by three AHL guys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad