Injury Report: Hertl out for Remainder of Season (Torn ACL and MCL)

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
That really does look like nothing and he even skated off. ****.

It's the joys of ligament injuries - you get this false sense it's not as bad because you can quite frequently put a bit of weight on it but the stability disappears. Look at Jumbo playing through a torn ACL and MCL.

I've torn the patellofemoral ligament in my knee, and was able to put some weight on it and skate, but it would keep giving out when any kind of stabilising of the knee was required.

Moving forward, he should be ok - but at a certain point the amount of knee issues will catch up with him.

Reactions: Sandisfan

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
A perfect storm to tank and we don't have our first and it's unlikely hertl is the same after multiple knee problems now.

I thought it was bad when I saw and I really feel terrible for him

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
It's the joys of ligament injuries - you get this false sense it's not as bad because you can quite frequently put a bit of weight on it but the stability disappears. Look at Jumbo playing through a torn ACL and MCL.

I've torn the patellofemoral ligament in my knee, and was able to put some weight on it and skate, but it would keep giving out when any kind of stabilising of the knee was required.

Moving forward, he should be ok - but at a certain point the amount of knee issues will catch up with him.
I have a / had a torn pcl. My gate was funny but nobody could tell , until I tried to lift something, pivot, run or basically do anything other than walk. The joint just wiggles like jello

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Regardless of what happens with the pick, EK65 is nominally a franchise talent. It's very possible that he returns to form and earns his contact

That’s the hope but this season has taught me not to expect anything except the worst.

So EK65 is going to be terrible, demand a trade, get traded for peanuts and then become a franchise talent again.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I was going to stay that the really smart long term move might be to trade Hertl before he signs his next contract, but that won't be possible.

Flip side, if the Sharks were in a playoff position and Hertl went down, you know DW would have mortgaged the future to patch the hole.

Mrs Ski

Sep 25, 2008
The Process
I was in disbelief when I got the text at work today. I am simply heartbroken for Hertl. Pavelski gone, Couture out, and now this. I feel like there is nothing left to cheer for.

This season has been on long nightmare and its only going to get worse. Thornton and Marleau traded away for peanuts.

Ugh...just ugh.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
Hertl out = more Jones in net :help:

Now the telecast has so many things to talk about other than Jones.
1. some little things that were done right/wrong
2. some Goodrow career high
3. some Marleau milestone
4. some Thornton milestone
5. ragging on EK65
6. Couture out
7. Hertl out
8. Jones collapse

Reactions: themelkman

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
giphy.gif

I literally will not watch another second of this shit show until they are officially back in the playoffs.

In other words, see you in October.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Michalek, Havlat, Hertl. Why do we get all the injury prone Czechs? Why can't we get a Jagr, Elias, Pastrnak? If they're not injury prone then they're a bust like Kaspar.

PLEASE win 49ers. There needs to be something positive right now.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Michalek, Havlat, Hertl. Why do we get all the injury prone Czechs? Why can't we get a Jagr, Elias, Pastrnak? If they're not injury prone then they're a bust like Kaspar.

PLEASE win 49ers. There needs to be something positive right now.

Im a cowboys fan, so to see Dallas and Sharks suck i have the biggest under achievers in both my favorite sports.

Literally the only thing i have going for me is that niners lose. Thats the only chance i got for some satisfaction this sports year for me.

Its been a bad year

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
Im a cowboys fan, so to see Dallas and Sharks suck i have the biggest under achievers in both my favorite sports.

Literally the only thing i have going for me is that niners lose. Thats the only chance i got for some satisfaction this sports year for me.

Its been a bad year

Sorry you had such a bad year. It seems the 9ers winning may be the only redemption for most people on this board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad