Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2023-24 Seasons | Hershey 12x (and Defending) Champions Edition

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
The Bears have hit their first mini slump of the season and the FB brigade is in full Chicken Little mode. This has been far from their best stretch, and a SO loss to the worst team in the league isn't a great look (though it happens in this sport). But I guess people genuinely expect them to steamroll every opponent every night.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
To be fair I don’t want to trade Chucky. But at 1.1M and term he is pretty damn attractive right now. And probably at TDL. If we try to stack assets at TDL, he is in play for me. If we are in the hunt then all bets off.

In order of trade preferences: Keumper, Shepherd, Gibson, Clay, Chucky.

Value in trade: Chucky, Keumper, Shepherd. Don’t think Clay or Gibson are really trade candidates.
Chucky should be not be the last person on your list of trade preferences. Stevenson is the future Caps #1 and it's not even close. Gibson has high value as well and could be high end backup or possible #1. Chucky should be an All-Star this season, but to hold him in such high regard, while he's had a multitude of injuries and never played more than 30 games in a season, I think you are giving him too much praise. Don't get me wrong, Chucky is the Caps best goalie option right now, but let us see him play a lot more before we anoint him as a goalie you don't trade.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Is there anything to see in Stingrays goalie Garin Bjorklund?

Numbers are only mediocre but he did miss almost all of last season after back surgery yet is still splitting time evenly with rookie Mitchell Gibson.

racingmoose

Apr 11, 2016
Is there anything to see in Stingrays goalie Garin Bjorklund?

Numbers are only mediocre but he did miss almost all of last season after back surgery yet is still splitting time evenly with rookie Mitchell Gibson.
They're trying to determine if there is. He's only 21 and wish him the best, but it doesn't seem like he is going to blossom and be in any long term plans. His last season juniors was rough also.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
They're trying to determine if there is. He's only 21 and wish him the best, but it doesn't seem like he is going to blossom and be in any long term plans. His last season juniors was rough also.
He was the starter for a historically bad team his last year in juniors. I wouldn't put too much stock into that. They won like 10 games. Really this is his rookie year as a pro and he's only 21. I'm not ready to write him off yet. Comparing him to 24 year old Gibson and Stevenson isn't really fair. Next year will be the one to watch for him, especially if South Carolina is a little more competitive of a team.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Chucky should be not be the last person on your list of trade preferences. Stevenson is the future Caps #1 and it's not even close. Gibson has high value as well and could be high end backup or possible #1. Chucky should be an All-Star this season, but to hold him in such high regard, while he's had a multitude of injuries and never played more than 30 games in a season, I think you are giving him too much praise. Don't get me wrong, Chucky is the Caps best goalie option right now, but let us see him play a lot more before we anoint him as a goalie you don't trade.
Someone willing to give a first or second for him. Cost controlled. That is PART of why they are playing him a lot. I wouldn’t trade him for a third but i would probably take a second. Depends on what the market is.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
6th shutout. All time Bears rookie record for shutouts. He still needs Hershey time but he is really good.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
6th shutout. All time Bears rookie record for shutouts. He still needs Hershey time but he is really good.
He's the Caps long term solution to be their #1. Undrafted free agent, I'm not sure how he got through scouts without being noticed. Stevenson is just about dominating the AHL right now. He's outperforming all the goalies in the AHL that were recent 1st round draft picks!

1.65 GAA, 14-5-1, .939 SV%, 6 Shutouts(every 3 n 1/3 games he's getting a shutout!)

This is like Hasek/Price Prime at the AHL level!

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Someone willing to give a first or second for him. Cost controlled. That is PART of why they are playing him a lot. I wouldn’t trade him for a third but i would probably take a second. Depends on what the market is.
No, Carbery isn't playing him a lot to build up his trade value. That is just silly talk. Caps are in the hunt for a Wild Card spot and Lindgren gives the team a much better chance to win than Kuemper.

Reactions: um

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
He's the Caps long term solution to be their #1. Undrafted free agent, I'm not sure how he got through scouts without being noticed. Stevenson is just about dominating the AHL right now. He's outperforming all the goalies in the AHL that were recent 1st round draft picks!

1.65 GAA, 14-5-1, .939 SV%, 6 Shutouts(every 3 n 1/3 games he's getting a shutout!)

This is like Hasek/Price Prime at the AHL level!
I was pretty high on him after last years pre-season but seeing how he's doing this year is great.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I was pretty high on him after last years pre-season but seeing how he's doing this year is great.
Ditto, I was banging his drum when we voted on the rankings this year because I loved his games in SC and the couple I saw in Hershey but he's exceeded my expectations. I guess not to be lost is the fact that the bears might have their best team ever so it could be potentially inflated a bit...but Shepherds numbers are quite a bit off from muds in comparison and he's a fine AHL goalie himself. I'd say he's probably creeping up our prospect list pretty steadily at this point.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
There was no line at the STH entrance at about 6 last night because they were out of the knit cap giveaway there but still had them at the main entrance. Between the Shep bobblehead that looked nothing like Shep, the Hawaiian shirt, and now this knit cap, it's amazing how nutty some of these people go for cheap free shit, lol. And I sincerely doubt a beanie has the resale value of a bobblehead.

Price Prime at the AHL level!
2007 is still quite fresh in the mind.

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
There was no line at the STH entrance at about 6 last night because they were out of the knit cap giveaway there but still had them at the main entrance. Between the Shep bobblehead that looked nothing like Shep, the Hawaiian shirt, and now this knit cap, it's amazing how nutty some of these people go for cheap free shit, lol. And I sincerely doubt a beanie has the resale value of a bobblehead.

2007 is still quite fresh in the mind.
The salt on some of these items too... Can't forget the hot dog debacle! STH saying they should be the only ones to receive the hot dogs because by the time they got to the front of the line they were gone. I love the Bears and I go to a fair amount of games at the Giant Center but the bears STHs might be the most insufferable group of STH I've ever seen. I'm a STH for my local NAHL team and there are some annoying ones of us for sure but the ratio seems to be swung wildly in a negative direction in Hershey. For laughs join the bears fans Facebook groups and check out some of the STH threads...lol

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
The salt on some of these items too... Can't forget the hot dog debacle! STH saying they should be the only ones to receive the hot dogs because by the time they got to the front of the line they were gone. I love the Bears and I go to a fair amount of games at the Giant Center but the bears STHs might be the most insufferable group of STH I've ever seen. I'm a STH for my local NAHL team and there are some annoying ones of us for sure but the ratio seems to be swung wildly in a negative direction in Hershey. For laughs join the bears fans Facebook groups and check out some of the STH threads...lol
The only promotion I care about is autograph night (which I unfortunately had to skip this year as I was still recovering from a wicked cold and was leaving for a trip two days later). Otherwise I have the tickets because I like the team and I like going to the games, lol.

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
The Bears have hit their first mini slump of the season and the FB brigade is in full Chicken Little mode. This has been far from their best stretch, and a SO loss to the worst team in the league isn't a great look (though it happens in this sport). But I guess people genuinely expect them to steamroll every opponent every night.
I proudly admit I've been banned from both of the FB groups, which is quite a feat given some of the idiots found there.
I've been saying this for years. Two reasons we've never upgraded from 12 games is the distance we live away and that I've reached my fill of the STHs after 12 games.
The only promotion I care about is autograph night (which I unfortunately had to skip this year as I was still recovering from a wicked cold and was leaving for a trip two days later). Otherwise I have the tickets because I like the team and I like going to the games, lol.
Clearly you are not a real fan, then. A real fan goes only for the promotional items and then whines like a child when they don't get said item.

**Editor's Note = I am not a real fan, either. We only go because we like the game and the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad