Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2020-2021 Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
It kind of sucks that there seems to be a bunch of almost-full-weeks in between games in the AHL this year.

So I missed the first game last week. How is the production value for Bears games during these odd times?

I noticed that the 2nd game is finally on tonight at 5 and the AHLtv package for a single team/home only broadcasts for the full season is only $24.99.

How are the apps?

https://www.watchtheahl.com/#/

Last edited:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
It kind of sucks that there seems to be a bunch of almost-full-weeks in between games in the AHL this year.

So I missed the first game last week. How is the production value for Bears games during these odd times?

I noticed that the 2nd game is finally on tonight at 5 and the AHLtv package for a single team/home only broadcasts for the full season is only $24.99.

How are the apps?

https://www.watchtheahl.com/#/
Not great. Hershey used a very high up camera a angle for the last game that they never used before. Don’t know if it is because they are lo staff due to COVID to what. The feed will usually show you the score and how much time is left in the period. They showed shot totals halfway through the game last weekend as well. You won’t see how much time is left on a PK or PP when that occurs in the game. The announcers are usually the radio feed. Don’t go in with high expectations or you’ll be disappointed.

Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Not great. Hershey used a very high up camera a angle for the last game that they never used before. Don’t know if it is because they are lo staff due to COVID to what. The feed will usually show you the score and how much time is left in the period. They showed shot totals halfway through the game last weekend as well. You won’t see how much time is left on a PK or PP when that occurs in the game. The announcers are usually the radio feed. Don’t go in with high expectations or you’ll be disappointed.

Ah that sucks lol. I already got the $35 both home and away Hershey package anyways since I do want to support the Bears.. especially this year. And it's still pretty good value for the price. Hopefully your lowering of my expectations pays off!

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
i think after a few games they will get their grove. still a very talented squad
I don't know about the talent level really. I do agree it's going to take time to gel, much like last season. Once they find that rhythm they can be a solid team but it's more a discipline and smarts thing than being overly skilled.

I'd missed the Pietila signing until just now but I like it. He's got some NHL experience and brings energy/defense. It's a good identity fit. If he plays over Kessy that's suddenly a pretty balanced four lines. The biggest issue IMO is a lack of a point producing defenseman to replace Djoos & Nardella. You'd hope Fehervary or Johansen steps up along with LaDue but even if they do moderately well they could use another. Wittchow & O'Gara bring good size but given the lack of dynamic forwards D-men like Djoos & Nardella were really important. They're probably not going to be nearly as dynamic both at 5-on-5 and on the PP without them. Fehervary should be tasked with providing a similar role as Djoos but, again, they could use another.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Ah that sucks lol. I already got the $35 both home and away Hershey package anyways since I do want to support the Bears.. especially this year. And it's still pretty good value for the price. Hopefully your lowering of my expectations pays off!

I’d been waffling back and forth, but I pulled the trigger after thinking of it this way....5pm game!

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Oh, the stream isn't that bad at all. The camera is also a lot lower than I thought, or is that only a Giant Center thing at home?

And Moulson scores in the first 1 minute! The baby Pens goalie just fell down randomly :laugh:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
It's too bad the Bears didn't offer it free to their season ticket holders like some other teams did.
They did. Full season season ticket packages that were fully paid received an email detailing how to get a free account for the season. Not sure if those emails were sent out or not.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Oh, the stream isn't that bad at all. The camera is also a lot lower than I thought, or is that only a Giant Center thing at home?

And Moulson scores in the first 1 minute! The baby Pens goalie just fell down randomly :laugh:
They’re in WBS so the camera angle might be better. WBS doesn’t have the biggest stadium. The home feed looked like they were using a camera in the 200 level of Giant Center

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Sigh....Fever makes a gorgeous move at the blue line, nice scoring chance, loses puck, takes hooking penalty 2 seconds later, PP for WBS who score....

Fever also in 32...that new?

Reactions: Rayquaza64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad