Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2020-2021 Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I didn't realize Hershey would only be playing three teams (Bingo, LV & WBS). Twelves games against each ought to make it pretty scrappy.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I didn't realize Hershey would only be playing three teams (Bingo, LV & WBS). Twelves games against each ought to make it pretty scrappy.
Me either. They said in division games only and Hershey’s division had more teams. Those three are the closest in terms of travel so it makes sense. Need to cut costs as much as possible.

Capagonia

Oct 20, 2009
VA

*Indicates player on a tryout

Forwards (15): Kody Clark, Axel Jonsson-Fjallby, Shane Gersich, Caleb Herbert, Kale Kessy, Brett Leason, Philippe Maillet, Mason Morelli, Matt Moulson, Garrett Pilon, Mike Sgarbossa, Joe Snively, Riley Sutter, Matt Weis, Steve Whitney

Defensemen (8): Macoy Erkamps, Will Graber, Lucas Johansen, Paul LaDue, Rob O'Gara*, Cameron Schilling, Reece Willcox*, Eddie Wittchow

Goaltenders (4): Padraig Carey*, Alex Dubeau*, Joel Eisenhower*, Charles Williams*

Bears camp roster. Kind of weird goaltending situation. They aren’t recalling Shepard from SC or sending down Fucale right? I guess the Caps are being extra cautious with Samsanov out which makes sense, but why not recall Shepard from SC?

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia

Moulson named captain. Hershey hasn’t had someone wearing the “C” in two seasons IIRC

Wasn’t Moulson on the Islanders years ago? I remember him being a pretty productive player, I didn’t even know he was on Hershey though I don’t follow them enough.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Wasn’t Moulson on the Islanders years ago? I remember him being a pretty productive player, I didn’t even know he was on Hershey though I don’t follow them enough.
Scored 30+ goals riding shotgun with Tavares for three straight seasons from 2010-2012 and was a Lady Byng finalist in 2012-13. He was traded to Buffalo during the 2013-14 season for Thomas Vanek and then traded from Buffalo to Minnesota. In July 2014 he signed a rich free agent deal back in Buffalo for 5/$25M but ended up getting waived in 2017 and I don't think he's skated in the NHL since. Skated last year with Hershey.

Dude must love hockey. He's married with kids and has ~$40M in career earnings but he's still grinding away in the AHL at 37 with no real hope of ever making it back to the NHL.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
I had seen that there were discussions on allowing teams to do this, as long as the Canadian Junior league wasn't playing games. I guess those discussions came to fruition.

Not exactly an authoritative source (Rangers fan blog) but there's this:
However, because the Western Hockey League (as well as Ontario Hockey League) season still has not begun as it assesses the COVID situation and attempts to figure out an official start date, junior players can play in the AHL in the meantime.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I’d also like to know why Washington is still carrying Copley and Fucale on the taxi squad. Only thing I could think of was out of precaution in case VV or Anderson had some exposure to Samsonov
Perhaps to get work with goaltending coach in Washington? My best guess.

maybe I’m way off but Samsonov is still waiver exempt and given that he hasn’t really played much in a year having missed the bubble and only two games so far and now covid, would be nice to just play him for a stretch in Hershey to get his game back.

Reactions: Capagonia

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Perhaps to get work with goaltending coach in Washington? My best guess.

maybe I’m way off but Samsonov is still waiver exempt and given that he hasn’t really played much in a year having missed the bubble and only two games so far and now covid, would be nice to just play him for a stretch in Hershey to get his game back.
Yeah no idea. Hershey is currently using two guys off the street just to have bodies at camp. One hasn’t played pro hockey in years and the other is a former division III goaltender for the local college team. Not exactly the best guys for camp

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
I didn’t think they were allowed to do that? Are they hoping the OHL just doesn’t call them on th transfer agreement because of COVID? Or temporary until the OHL season starts?
since the OHL and WHL arent playing yet, NHL teams are allowed to do whatever they want with them. Other notable CHL guys (Byfield, Kaliyev, Perfetti, Quinn) have been loaned to the AHL at some point if not still there
Side note in case it wasnt obvious: QMJHL players have to play in the Q because they are playing

Last edited:

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Yeah no idea. Hershey is currently using two guys off the street just to have bodies at camp. One hasn’t played pro hockey in years and the other is a former division III goaltender for the local college team. Not exactly the best guys for camp

Is this still true? Isn't the AHL opener this Thursday??

I guess it's because Samsonov is still not back yet?

That will be tough to open your season with 2 guys off the street who haven't played in awhile.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
AHLTV freeview set for Feb. 5-8
The American Hockey League today announced that its AHLTV streaming platform will usher in the 2020-21 season with a free weekend of AHL games.
All 19 games on the league schedule from Friday, February 5 to Monday, February 8 will be free on AHLTV to anyone with an AHLTV account. No subscription or purchase is necessary to open an AHLTV account; visit AHLTV.com to sign up.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Is this still true? Isn't the AHL opener this Thursday??

I guess it's because Samsonov is still not back yet?

That will be tough to open your season with 2 guys off the street who haven't played in awhile.
They have 4 goalies total. Two are borderline ECHL players at best. It’s not looking great lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad