Pre-Game Talk: Heritage Classic - Ottawa at Vancouver Sunday, March 2 at BC Place @ 1:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetcoaster

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 13m
Anderson says he will start tomorrow.

WHAT?????

No ROBIN LEHNER .

Goalie controversy.

Anderson:
.908SV% 3.09GAA

Lehner
.912 SV% 3.05GAA

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
What does Gillis think he's doing by finding young talented goalies that challenge Luongo for the starting job? The nerve of this guy, I tell ya.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

WHAT?????

No ROBIN LEHNER .

Goalie controversy.

Anderson:
.908SV% 3.09GAA

Lehner
.912 SV% 3.05GAA

Except Anderson = Luongo and Lack = Lehner. Ottawa played their veteran, we didn't, therefore, no controversy. ;)

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
It's almost like we should throw Lack on waivers and go see what Danny Sabourin is doing these days.

:laugh:

In all seriousness we should be happy at how well Lack is doing. I love Luongo and he helped turn this franchise around, but if he wants his starting job then he better outplay the other goalie. It's that simple.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
What does Gillis think he's doing by finding young talented goalies that challenge Luongo for the starting job? The nerve of this guy, I tell ya.

No kidding. Gillis should stop developing young players to keep the veterans happy and playing. It's outrageous Gillis would do such a thing.

FloydTheBarber

Aug 10, 2006
Can't support Tortella anymore, I don't even understand why Luongo didn't start the first game after the break.

FloydTheBarber

Aug 10, 2006
Really? Can't understand why a severely jet lagged goalie who'd hadn't played in a week wouldn't get the start?

Severely jet lagged? So no other player or goalie who came from the Olympics didn't start the first game back?

He played one game in that tournament, he wasn't tired.

Yes I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.

Epimetheus

Jun 2, 2011
No matter what you think of Lou he deserves to start tomorrow.He changed goalie culture in Vancouver and he should be in front of the team against the Senators.Even if they have a trade which will send him somewhere he should be in goal.I just hope MT(Mike Tortorella) will play it the right way.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Really? Can't understand why a severely jet lagged goalie who'd hadn't played in a week wouldn't get the start?

And now you have a very disgruntled goalie who hasn't played in two weeks. Is that better? Whens your plan to play this cold goalie if not against an non playoff team from the eastern conference?

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
Personally I would prefer Luongo to play tomorrow, but both goalies essentially give us an equal chance to win. With the way Lack is playing I can understand the edge going to him, also this isn't Gillis' decision to play Lack.

Severely jet lagged? So no other player or goalie who came from the Olympics didn't start the first game back?

He played one game in that tournament, he wasn't tired.

Yes I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.

Maybe other teams don't have the luxury of having a goalie tandem like Lack and Luongo? You clearly don't travel much either.

Wetcoaster

No matter what you think of Lou he deserves to start tomorrow.He changed goalie culture in Vancouver and he should be in front of the team against the Senators.Even if they have a trade which will send him somewhere he should be in goal.I just hope MT will play it the right way.
So you buy into the Goalie Graveyard Myth peddled by Burkie to cover up his inability to evaluate goaltender talent?

The Canucks have had excellent goalies in the past such as Gary Smith, Richard Brodeur and Kirk McLean.

Epimetheus

Jun 2, 2011
So you buy into the Gialie Garaveyard Myth peddled by Burkie to cover up his inability to evaluate goaltender talent?

The Canucks have had excellent goalies in the past such as Gary Smith, Richard Brodeur and Kirk McLean.
I don't buy that Graveyard stuff.All those things were the results of the bad scouting,training or whatever was happening those days in Vancouver.Lou is a great guy,he acted like a true gentleman in a situation that was pretty rough for him and franchise and IMHO he should be starting tomorrow.Lack is our future and I hope he'll take us a step further then Lou did but he should watch Sens game form the bench.

FloydTheBarber

Aug 10, 2006
Personally I would prefer Luongo to play tomorrow, but both goalies essentially give us an equal chance to win. With the way Lack is playing I can understand the edge going to him, also this isn't Gillis' decision to play Lack.

Maybe other teams don't have the luxury of having a goalie tandem like Lack and Luongo? You clearly don't travel much either.

That's true, I only travel once every two years. And I agree that Lack probably gives us a better chance to win, so why not start him when points are so important?

Well I'm looking at this long-term, it took almost a year to rekindle the relationship Luongo has with this organization, and because of this decision, we might be back at starting line.

Is the two points worth this saga all over again? I guess it is for Torts, as he probably knows he has a short shelf life and doesn't care for this organization in the distant future.

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site

WHAT?????

No ROBIN LEHNER .

Goalie controversy.

Anderson:
.908SV% 3.09GAA

Lehner
.912 SV% 3.05GAA

Pfft...Hammond has a 1.00 SV% and a 0.00 GAA this year with the Sens. It's all politics.

He's also my brother-in-law's brother, but I'm not biased.

Wetcoaster

Feature article on Ryan Stanton from the CBC's Tim Wharmsby - Ryan Stanton has made most of his shot in Vancouver

Interesting fact his mother is from Burnaby. And he is looking forward to rekindling memories from his younger days when he played on an outdoor rink in St. Alberts, Alberta.

Ryan Stanton never was told flat out he wasn't talented enough, or he wasn't big enough, or there was something missing from his game.

Yet, the Vancouver Canucks defenceman was passed over in three NHL entry drafts and watched as several of his Moose Jaw Warrior teammates like Travis Hamonic, Ty Wishart and Keaton Ellerby were selected.

Stanton's chances at playing pro out of junior appeared so grim that as his overage season in Moose Jaw was nearing an end four years ago, the native of St. Albert, Alta., looked into returning home to attend school and play for the University of Alberta in the fall of 2010.

But all of a sudden a few NHL clubs knocked on his door. He had played alongside Hamonic in 2008-09 and again the following year before Hamonic was dealt to Brandon. Some pro teams, including the Philadelphia Flyers and Chicago Blackhawks, took notice.

He chose the Blackhawks. Their Western Canada scout Bruce Franklin had identified Stanton to his bosses back in Chicago a few seasons earlier.
Each game is important, including the Heritage Classic against the Ottawa Senators at B.C. Place on Sunday (CBC, CBCSports.ca, 3 p.m. ET).

The game reminds Stanton of his days growing up as a kid in St. Albert, when he would meet friends at the outdoor rink at Muriel Martin Elementary School, a block away from the family home.

"I have so many memories from those days," he said. "I would come from practice and then go to that rink and play all night. I really believe the time spent there helped me develop, too."​

Wetcoaster

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff
Jokingly, Bobby Ryan said he was disappointed not to be playing at Rogers Arena. Says he's scored lots of goals there

Superpest

Undrafted Free Agent
May 20, 2009
Cascadia
Anyone mad about Lack starting is buying into the media's efforts to create yet another goaltending "controversy"

SnapIt

Feb 19, 2013
I don't buy that Graveyard stuff.All those things were the results of the bad scouting,training or whatever was happening those days in Vancouver.Lou is a great guy,he acted like a true gentleman in a situation that was pretty rough for him and franchise and IMHO he should be starting tomorrow.Lack is our future and I hope he'll take us a step further then Lou did but he should watch Sens game form the bench.

True gentleman? He's conjured up this extremely-sensitive trade situation this past summer, but feels comfortable making quips about Kesler trade rumours to media? ("Even if he wants to be moved he won't be, we know how that story ends").

And where's the support for Lack? The Stork seems like a sweetheart to Luongo and [based on him retweeting a comment stating he] must feel bad. Try being more of a team player, Lu.

Wetcoaster

And the snow continues to fall at Soldier Field as the Pens and Hawks battle each other and the elements...

Bhr_PeYCAAAsNej.jpg

Why not just close the roof??? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad