Pre-Game Talk: Heritage Classic - Ottawa at Vancouver Sunday, March 2 at BC Place @ 1:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetcoaster

It seems there are going to be a number of features and articles over the next few weeks leading up to the game in addition to some information already released so here is a pre-game thread.

Heritage_967%5B3%5D.jpg

Tim Horton's NHL Heritage Classic

heritageclassicpatch.jpg

Ottawa Senators vs Vancouver Canucks

2014HeritageClassicDL.jpg

BC Place , Vancouver, BC

bcplace1000_120513.jpg

Sun, Mar 2, 2014 01:00 PM
CBC

IG9-350x233.jpg

[NHL]496990[/NHL]

[NHL]490248[/NHL]

Nov2813_heritage11_title_std.jpg

BEHIND THE LENS: HERITAGE CLASSIC PRESSER
The National Hockey League (NHL®), in association with the Vancouver Canucks® and Ottawa Senators®, today unveiled public ticket availability details and the jerseys that will be worn for the 2014 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic™ on Sunday, March 2 at BC Place in Vancouver.
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=40611

Ticket link:
http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/11004B44BD6D33C2?camefrom=NHL_LEAGUE_VAN_PROMOTION

NHL.com webpage:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/eventhome.htm?location=/heritageclassic/2014

Sneak Peek: Program cover for the 2014 Tim Horton's NHL Heritage Classic

Bg3T0KkIgAA3AH4.jpg

'94 Canucks team to reunite at Heritage Classic

Feb1914_group_v.jpg

The members of the 1994 Vancouver Canucks® team that captured the hearts of British Columbians and inspired a generation of fans during their run to the 1994 Stanley Cup® Final will reunite at the 2014 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic™ on March 2 at BC Place in Vancouver. The NHL and Vancouver Canucks will mark the 20th anniversary of the 1994 team’s memorable run and magical Playoff moments during the 1:00 p.m. PT Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators® game.

Fans can look forward to seeing some of their favourite players and personnel from that magical spring, including:

Greg Adams, Dave Babych, Jeff Brown, Jose Charbonneau, Geoff Courtnall, Murray Craven, Gerald Diduck, Tim Hunter, Nathan LaFayette, Trevor Linden, Jyrki Lumme, John McIntyre, Dana Murzyn, Gino Odjick, Kirk McLean, Cliff Ronning, Stan Smyl (Assistant Coach) & Pat Quinn (Head Coach/General Manager)
Fans in Vancouver should be on the lookout as some members of the 1994 team will make surprise appearances throughout Vancouver in the days leading up to the 2014 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic. Be sure to follow @NHL and @VanCanucks on Twitter and Facebook for hints on where and when they'll turn up.‎

Fans attending the 2014 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic also will have opportunities to meet some of their hockey heroes in the 2014 Canadian Tire NHL Spectator Plaza, the free hockey and entertainment fan festival held at the Plaza of Nations across from BC Place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on game day.​

[NHL]544391[/NHL]

Wetcoaster

Also tickets available for the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series - Penguins v Blackhawks at Soldier Field on Sat, Mar 1, 2014 07:00 PM according to reports.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Who would honestly pay money for this ****? I dont even say that because the team has been playing poorly, but why pay more money for:

- Worse seats with terrible visibility

- Two teams that have zero history/rivalry

- An "outdoor" game in Vancouver is bad enough, but in MARCH???

Wetcoaster

Who would honestly pay money for this ****? I dont even say that because the team has been playing poorly, but why pay more money for:

- Worse seats with terrible visibility

- Two teams that have zero history/rivalry

- An "outdoor" game in Vancouver is bad enough, but in MARCH???
????

You forget 1915.

The 1915 Stanley Cup Final was played from March 22-26, 1915. The Pacific Coast Hockey Association (PCHA) champion Vancouver Millionaires swept the National Hockey Association (NHA) champion Ottawa Senators 3 games to 0 in a best-of-five game series. The finals were played in Vancouver.

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns
I'm rationalizing my already purchased primo seats as a send-off and thank you to the best years I have had being a fan of this team. Seeing this as the last year the entire "core" will be together. Its been the best era in Canucks history, and while it appears to be coming to an end, this event should be a good opportunity to celebrate all of the fun we have had with this team.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
????

You forget 1915.

The 1915 Stanley Cup Final was played from March 22-26, 1915. The Pacific Coast Hockey Association (PCHA) champion Vancouver Millionaires swept the National Hockey Association (NHA) champion Ottawa Senators 3 games to 0 in a best-of-five game series. The finals were played in Vancouver.

:laugh: You win :p:

John Bender*

This just seems like such a boring, stupid, event. It's like the 400th outdoor game this year between two teams with no history, no rivalry and played in a stadium that will likely have to shut the roof to keep the rain out.

Why would anyone attend this game? You'll barely be able to see the puck, the Canucks are ****tier than ever and the Sens are as boring a team as any.

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
anyone got their tickets yet that bought during public sale?? still waiting for mine that were bought since dec... can't believe we paid $15 for this damn slow shipping

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
I'm going to this game because it's an EVENT. It's a Canucks game at BC Place. How many times have you seen a that? So a ticket in the cheap seats costs an extra 20 or 30 bucks? Whoop di doo. I don't even care how much of the game I actually watch. I'll be walking around the promenade with my friends, having some drinks and seeing the sites. Seriously guys. Vancouverites have a reputation as being boring, and this thread is a prime example.

I lived out of town for awhile, and I'm really glad I did, because it gave me some perspective. A lot of people don't have opportunities to see events like this, and what do we do? Why we thumb our nose at them, of course! In true Vancouver fashion.

Well keep up the good work guys. It's keeping ticket prices down for those of us that are going.

Kirk Mclean

Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver
I won't even shell out the $40 it now costs on average for regular games. Just not worth it to go all the way downtown to be bored to death and watch listless, losing hockey.

I'm so glad there's hopefully only another month or so of this core.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Why pay more for an outdoor game that isn't even outdoors. I'd only go for the atmosphere and it'll probably be dead quiet in there if it's like the Rogers Arena atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad