Pre-Game Talk: Heritage Classic - Ottawa at Vancouver Sunday, March 2 at BC Place @ 1:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Are you kidding me, are you ****ing kidding me. This org is a ****ing joke

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Maybe a Luongo deal is in the works and they don't want him to get hurt. I think it's obvious they will deal him if another team shows interest...

Lack gives this team the best chance to win right now. Tortorella doesn't have time for coddling. It's the right move.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Maybe a Luongo deal is in the works and they don't want him to get hurt. I think it's obvious they will deal him if another team shows interest...

Lack gives this team the best chance to win right now. Tortorella doesn't have time for coddling. It's the right move.

I'd be very surprised... there's a boat load of goalies available right now...

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
What a fking terrible decision by Torts. Disgusting. Honestly, Luongo is your starter. A veteran and core leader in the dressing room, who has been looking forward to this game all year. If I was Luongo, this would be the last straw, enough is enough. After all the **** he's been through, Luongo put it all behind him and showed up day 1 to training camp like a professional ready to go, ready to win. He's had a good season, been a mentor to Lack and been a key reason for his strong play. I hate this.

John Bender*

I agree. However, if Lu is relegated to become Lack's backup, I think we start to see a different Lu. I think this could be a breaking point.

Stonz

Oct 10, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Lack has been playing lights out, and while many fans have given up on them making the playoffs, Torts clearly hasn't.

This isn't the time to be worrying about feelings. Ride the hot hand that gives you the best chance to win.

Lou has had 1 start on weeks.

Wetcoaster

What an absolutely unnecessary way to bring more drama to a team that has been a circus for the past three seasons.
Hosea Cheung ‏@hosea24hours
To be fair, John Tortorella wasn't around last year for the goalie controversy. He just wants to experience it for himself. #luongo #lack

John Bender*

What a fking terrible decision by Torts. Disgusting. Honestly, Luongo is your starter. A veteran and core leader in the dressing room, who has been looking forward to this game all year. If I was Luongo, this would be the last straw, enough is enough.

I agree with you about the way Lu will feel, but I also agree with Torts decision. Lack has allowed 1 goal in the last 2 games. You need points now and can't worry about feelings.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Once again Torts shows why I believe he was the wrong choice. This was a game to give your #1 goalie, if Lack is now the #1 guy, great, give it to him...but I somehow don't think they'll be saying anything like that publicly. Game should have been given to Lu.

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
Lack has been playing lights out, and while many fans have given up on them making the playoffs, Torts clearly hasn't.

This isn't the time to be worrying about feelings. Ride the hot hand that gives you the best chance to win.

Well then you turn to your General Manager and ask him why you have a $5 million backup. And why you dealt one of the best young goaltenders in the league instead of him and told everyone Luongo's your guy.

John Bender*

This.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
No words.... A luongo trade better be in the works , otherwise this is just another circus about to happen.
This organization is a joke

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver

If they are doing this Lou better be traded by Wednesday... the team ain't making the playoffs with this hanging...

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
just had to make the quip about kesler never getting out.

After florida's owner said he'd spend to the cap i've thought Luongo to Florida was going to happen. just thought it'd be an offseason thing.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
What happens if Lack falters and you need to go back to Luongo? He's going to be emotionally checked out after this slap in the face, this will be the final straw for him I'm sure of it.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Yeah because starting a goalie who's allowed 1 goal in his last 2 games makes this organization a joke. Luongo barley plays afternoon games anyway, ride the hot hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad