GDT: Here we go! Series #2 - Game #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Won't be able to participate in the GDT tonight. Hope you guys can bring home the W and Ill be in to read the GDT in the early hours of the morning. Go Jackets.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Was listening to WEEI this morning. It appears the Bruins hate the cannon too. I love that the opponents hate the cannon
Do yourself a favor and don't listen to WEEI for hockey talk.

98.5 The Sports Hub is the Bruins station and has much better hockey talk even if the hosts are obnoxious.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I know its been talked about a bit, but not enough, IMO.

McQuaid and Miller are both veteran, tough, "stabilizing" bottom pairing guys. I swear to you I've witnessed McQuaid probably suffer 3+ concussions just since he was acquired. Multiple cases not noticed by many. Dude is ****ing RECKLESS out there. He's also not really a better defenseman than Dalton Prout.

Nutivaara out is a loss, and Savard, Werenski and Kukan have all stepped up their games down the stretch. And Gavrikov, I fully believe will step in immediately and make the defense better as he's probably better defensively than everybody healthy other than Jones and Savard. And I think the idea of him being simply a "shutdown d man" isn't true.

With that said.....

Ryan Murray out, is HUGE, and I find it fascinating its just brushed off by so many people. For MUCH (possibly most) of the regular season he was arguably our best defenseman. Legit impact on both ends of the ice.

I know I'll get the Werenski coalition on me pretty quick, but BOS (both Marchand/their top line and their "heavy" depth) is a team that can really negatively highlight the difference between having Murray-Jones out there for 25+ minutes instead of Werenski-Jones.

I would love to hear Ryan Murray's music start playing and have him bust open the curtain, and I don't know how probable that is or isn't from happening (as i believe the SILENCE could be positive or negative) but I just think the NEGATIVE impact him being out along with the (now) POSITIVE impact he would have coming back is significantly downplayed.

It's been significantly downplayed ever since he's been out at the end of the regular season. IMO.

I miss Murrdog. Stabilizing force. We need him back & healthy. Godspeed

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Interesting Torts not only said no lineup changes tonight, but said
"You don't have to ask me between games"

He clearly really likes the Forward and D group that finished off Tampa

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
DW and I (like many fans) believe a player suspended for a dirty hit should miss at least as many games as the person being hit. My buddy has a tougher stance on these kinds of hits. He thinks a players should be suspended for X number of games but that the suspension doesn't begin until after the player who has been hurt is back on the ice.

IOW, if Nuti misses ten games and the league suspends Kuch for three games. Kuch would first miss the ten Nuti misses and then the three game suspension. Obviously this is a little odd because of the playoffs but I like this rule.

I have held this position ever since I saw that gutless punk Todd Bertuzzi drive a defenseless Steve Moore into the ice and fracture his spine and end his career. Steve Moore literally never stepped on the ice again. Bertuzzi goes on from Vancouver and spends time with Detroit, among other teams. Either way.....Bertuzzi played another 10 years, making millions, and Steve Moore has his opportunity to make a living taken from him. They were never equal players in talent, but Todd Burtuzzi should have never been permitted to play again. The only thing nearly as bad as that was Marty McSorley taking a stuck to the head of Donald Brashear.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

That's really what your going to 'hang your hat' on??

2 quotes from October calling for the CBJ to make the 2nd round of the playoffs and attacking Bobrovsky's character and effect on the team before the shower incident and OTHER THINGS came to light....??

The way this season has progressed, regular season and into the playoffs is PROOF that this TEAM doesn't need Bob to WIN games for this TEAM to WIN GAMES.

A trade didn't occur, and I made quite a bold statement/prediction that the odds were stacked against quite significantly. From everything we do know, a trade/change WAS "close" to being made, and there were negative effects regarding the situation, as comments have been made about "adversity", or whatever, "in the room", that the team had to fight through. You, (in response to "You're right") as someone who didn't have confidence in the team, nor Bob, look good in this situation just because I was wrong about the number of games each guy started.

Hopefully, "1st 5 shots Bobrovsky" doesnt show up tonight.

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011

98.5 The Sports Hub is the Bruins station and has much better hockey talk even if the hosts are obnoxious.
In the car I will sometimes listen to 98.5 but in the house I have no radio so I have to stream. The Browns are my NFL team so I have the Radio.com app (for Cleveland's 92.3 The Fan). Since I have Radio.com, I have easy access to WEEI and not 98.5.

I will admit, one of the hosts this morning kept going back to "Toronto is better than CBJ" so this round will be easier than last season. I agree Toronto's top three of Marner, JT and Mathews are one of the best trios in the league but I think depth-wise the CBJ had way more draft. Felt like he knew almost nothing about the Blue Jackets. They know Bobs, Bread and Andy.

Last edited:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
This is where I'm trying to get to... but I'm finding it hard ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've been training myself, the last couple of years, to not get upset watching the Jackets. I don't always succeed, but for the most part I can laugh off losses now. It's a much better way to live. I will admit that there was some screaming when the Jackets scored those first two empty netters in Game 4.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
This game scares the crap out of me. Boston is in the rhythm of a game-every-other-day schedule. We’re the hottest team in the league having our mojo broken by a nine-day layoff.

In particular, I’m worried that Sergei Bobrovsky, who found his groove, might not be able to turn it back on.

I like our chances over a long series, but tonight could be rocky.

pled

Sep 7, 2009

97.1 The Fan is where it's at

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
In the car I will sometimes listen to 98.5 but in the house I have no radio so I have to stream. The Browns are my NFL team so I have the Radio.com app (for Cleveland's 92.3 The Fan). Since I have Radio.com, I have easy access to WEEI and not 98.5.

I will admit, one of the hosts this morning kept going back to "Toronto is better than CBJ" so this round will be easier than last season. I agree Toronto's top three of Marner, JT and Mathews are one of the best trios in the league but I think depth-wise the CBJ had way more draft. Felt like he knew almost nothing about the Blue Jackets. They know Bobs, Bread and Andy.

In fairness, most of the radio hosts in this town probably can't go much deeper than Bergeron, Marchand, and Pastrnak either. Maybe a Rask or Chara take the day after one of them did something noteworthy.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
It was hard to make the GDT because there is no history between the teams.

I do hate your cannon and think that Boomer looks like a cartoon cigarette but that's about it.

Hoping for a fun series where no one gets hurt and both teams play their absolute best.

Your GDT was great! Can’t imagine what you’ll be doing by the end of this series when we do have “history”!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
That's really what your going to 'hang your hat' on??

2 quotes from October calling for the CBJ to make the 2nd round of the playoffs and attacking Bobrovsky's character and effect on the team before the shower incident and OTHER THINGS came to light....??

The way this season has progressed, regular season and into the playoffs is PROOF that this TEAM doesn't need Bob to WIN games for this TEAM to WIN GAMES.

A trade didn't occur, and I made quite a bold statement/prediction that the odds were stacked against quite significantly. From everything we do know, a trade/change WAS "close" to being made, and there were negative effects regarding the situation, as comments have been made about "adversity", or whatever, "in the room", that the team had to fight through. You, (in response to "You're right") as someone who didn't have confidence in the team, nor Bob, look good in this situation just because I was wrong about the number of games each guy started.

Hopefully, "1st 5 shots Bobrovsky" doesnt show up tonight.

Hey man, it’s okay to be wrong sometimes. No need to root against your own team.

You were also wrong about korpisalo earning the starting job and Bobrovsky getting traded. I also went on that limb with the odds stacked against me when I picked the team to miss the playoffs. Can’t get them all right.

Also the Bobrovsky was close to being traded thing is a total lie. However, There is no doubt that his situation (and panarin’s) had a negative impact on the room and even blew up that one game in Tampa where it needed to be addressed. It appears that all sides have turned the attention to the greater good of the team, which is good.

So, now that we’re here. Truce?

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
97.1 The Fan is where it's at

Have they improved? I think during the CBJ playoffs a couple years back they were still talking OSU football about 1-1/2 hours before puck drop on the home game vs Pens. :thumbd:

I haven’t listened since. Love my Sirius XM.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
That title! "Series #2".

Boston wont be an easy nut to crack and I fully expect that our guys lose the first game. The question is: if they end up losing it then will they respond on Saturday..?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
4F07C4BA-EB14-4109-989D-73AC8A9361C0.jpeg
It’s time to get a head start on tonight’s game while having the Jackets right at hand - or in my right hand as is the case.

Last edited:

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Holy Thursday today in Russia.

“This is my body, given for you.”

Be worthy of that grand gift. Fear no more.

Go Jackets!

Reactions: CPTN71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad