Status
Not open for further replies.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Cheers guys!

Always liked Columbus, and I'm excited for a fun matchup.

You guys certainly dominated Tampa, and I don't see a one sided series either way, gonna be a nail biter.

Really curious as to what happens tonight...I could see a blowout from either team.

Reactions: CPTN71 and Viqsi

Sabo0290

Lost along the wing
Aug 28, 2015
Dayton
Has a nhl team coming out of a 7 game series beaten a team coming out of a 4 game sweep before? Just kind of rare situation. I saw a few 6 game series winners facing off against 4 game series winners and it looks like the team that had the sweep won about 75% of the time.

Yes, Per Paul BIZNASTY Bissonnette on Spittin' Chiclets Podcast, no team that has swept a team in the first round and has gone on to play a team that went 7 games in the first round has won. The team coming off the 7 game series has always won basically, and its happened 3 times.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
If anyone of you can't wait till the game. both game 3 of SHL and Liiga final are going on today

Veini Vehvilainen game start at 11:30 and Emil Bemstrom at 1:30

Cleveland play too but I'll be too busy watching the jackets at that time.

Also if you want to mute TV and listen to some biased commentary by Bobby McElligott and Jody Shelley on radio or online for free here. since there's no local coverage for round 2+.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Yes, Per Paul BIZNASTY Bissonnette on Spittin' Chiclets Podcast, no team that has swept a team in the first round and has gone on to play a team that went 7 games in the first round has won. The team coming off the 7 game series has always won basically, and its happened 3 times.

Such a huge sample size to chose from.

Reactions: CPTN71

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Right? He still took the Jackets in 6. I don't buy much in to this stuff, but it was asked so I answered.
I think we'll know the answer on how the CBJ come out and play tonight. If they sleepwalk early like the 1st period against Tampa, we could have issues. If they come out strong in game 1 then I think it will be even footing for the rest of the series and the layoff will mean nothing.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
March 12 - CBJ chase Rask and win 7-4
March 16 - Bruins 2-1 in OT - Korpisalo vs. Halak
April 2 - 6-2. Bob gives up the early fluke goal off his back. Team sleepwalks through the game and plays really poorly. Bob got a mercy pull.

In essence, the OT game was a battle of the backups. the other 2 games were blowouts in each direction. This could really go either way.

Reactions: Bobcat110

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Just announced: no lineup changes from Game 4.

Clendening stays in. Gavrikov stays out.

Would have preferred Gavrikov over Clendening, but also understandable.

Still find it bizarre Nuti was literally on the ice warming up before Game 3 yet is still unable to go 11 days later.

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
Posted in last series and still believe this is the attitude the boys need every single minute of every game. Play it loud!!

Edited to different video with lyrics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Hoo boy, so pumped for this game!!!

Let's do this, CFBJ.

I read on the mains that three times in the 2000s a team that swept met a team that went 7 in the previous series, and that the team that swept lost all three times.

That said, I also read on the mains that, in the past five years, every team that swept a series has won its next series.

Statistics are useless, 74% of people know that.

And no Presidents Trophy winner has ever been swept in the first round - how did that work out?

In any event, just want to see the boys pick up where they left off - playing unbelievable hockey.

And, I must display my CBJ goalie mask collection again, for good luck.
IMG_20190407_170153.jpg

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Wish all of our defensemen were healthy.

At least the Jackets have 10 NHL-level defensemen

As a Bruins fan I feel the same way...Would love to have McQuaid for the playoffs. He is such a warrior and excellent on the PK. What is up with him ? Loved him on the B's.

I wish Kevan Miller was in for the B's

I know its been talked about a bit, but not enough, IMO.

McQuaid and Miller are both veteran, tough, "stabilizing" bottom pairing guys. I swear to you I've witnessed McQuaid probably suffer 3+ concussions just since he was acquired. Multiple cases not noticed by many. Dude is f***ing RECKLESS out there. He's also not really a better defenseman than Dalton Prout.

Nutivaara out is a loss, and Savard, Werenski and Kukan have all stepped up their games down the stretch. And Gavrikov, I fully believe will step in immediately and make the defense better as he's probably better defensively than everybody healthy other than Jones and Savard. And I think the idea of him being simply a "shutdown d man" isn't true.

With that said.....

Ryan Murray out, is HUGE, and I find it fascinating its just brushed off by so many people. For MUCH (possibly most) of the regular season he was arguably our best defenseman. Legit impact on both ends of the ice.

I know I'll get the Werenski coalition on me pretty quick, but BOS (both Marchand/their top line and their "heavy" depth) is a team that can really negatively highlight the difference between having Murray-Jones out there for 25+ minutes instead of Werenski-Jones.

I would love to hear Ryan Murray's music start playing and have him bust open the curtain, and I don't know how probable that is or isn't from happening (as i believe the SILENCE could be positive or negative) but I just think the NEGATIVE impact him being out along with the (now) POSITIVE impact he would have coming back is significantly downplayed.

It's been significantly downplayed ever since he's been out at the end of the regular season. IMO.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I know its been talked about a bit, but not enough, IMO.

McQuaid and Miller are both veteran, tough, "stabilizing" bottom pairing guys. I swear to you I've witnessed McQuaid probably suffer 3+ concussions just since he was acquired. Multiple cases not noticed by many. Dude is ****ing RECKLESS out there. He's also not really a better defenseman than Dalton Prout.

Nutivaara out is a loss, and Savard, Werenski and Kukan have all stepped up their games down the stretch. And Gavrikov, I fully believe will step in immediately and make the defense better as he's probably better defensively than everybody healthy other than Jones and Savard. And I think the idea of him being simply a "shutdown d man" isn't true.

With that said.....

Ryan Murray out, is HUGE, and I find it fascinating its just brushed off by so many people. For MUCH (possibly most) of the regular season he was arguably our best defenseman. Legit impact on both ends of the ice.

I know I'll get the Werenski coalition on me pretty quick, but BOS (both Marchand/their top line and their "heavy" depth) is a team that can really negatively highlight the difference between having Murray-Jones out there for 25+ minutes instead of Werenski-Jones.

I would love to hear Ryan Murray's music start playing and have him bust open the curtain, and I don't know how probable that is or isn't from happening (as i believe the SILENCE could be positive or negative) but I just think the NEGATIVE impact him being out along with the (now) POSITIVE impact he would have coming back is significantly downplayed.

It's been significantly downplayed ever since he's been out at the end of the regular season. IMO.
I think it's been downplayed because we managed the 7-1 season end and Bolts sweep without him. It would be more fair to suggest that his eventual return could be huge.

JacketsWatcher

Jan 8, 2011

1999 First round - Dallas Stars beat Edmonton in 4 games and St. Louis beat Phoenix in 7 games. Dallas then beat St. Louis in 6. (on their way to the Stanley Cup). Dallas was the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino