GDT: Here we go! Series #2 - Game #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Can't start out this game like they did in game 1 at Tampa. Boston will come out flying and CBJ may be rusty, but if Jackets can survive the first period, think they've got a good chance to win.

Reactions: Fixxer

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I come to wonder, if any other team won their first ever playoff series with a 4 game sweep...

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I posted the take below prior to the TB series. I know Boston is a different type of team than the Lightning, but I believe this very simple assessment holds for round 2 as well.

It could come down to Bob but I don't think it has to.

1) Can the defense (meaning all 5 players in the D zone) retain some semblance of structure to where they're not caught looking or chasing?

2) Can the offense (meaning all 5 players in the O zone), not get frustrated if things aren't figured out in short order?

Both of these things require patience and a level head, not things that have been always present for the Jackets this season, but which are possible and not completely unheard-of.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
What kind of Boston named things is everyone not going to use the next few weeks? I'll be forgoing my favorite donuts, Boston creme, and I'll be ignoring my three Boston Terriers, Daddy isn't giving you any food or water! You better hope it's a short series!

Ahm, if the team can keep Marchand and Bergeron to only a few goals a game, I think we have a chance.

Reactions: CPTN71

Arch City Zach

Jun 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
archcityarmy.com
What kind of Boston named things is everyone not going to use the next few weeks? I'll be forgoing my favorite donuts, Boston creme, and I'll be ignoring my three Boston Terriers, Daddy isn't giving you any food or water! You better hope it's a short series!

"More Than A Feeling" has been eliminated from any potential play list for the rest of this series.

Reactions: Jovavic

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV

That pizza place across the street from the arena with the unfortunate name might not get as much business as it usually does during this series. That said, regardless of the opponent I will always go to the R Bar before the game like I will on Tuesday.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Kind of a trap game for Bruins. Emotional hard fought 7 game series vs an original 6 rival, one day rest and then thrown into a series against some flyover state team that’s well rested and got something to prove. I think CBJ win tonight.

Has a nhl team coming out of a 7 game series beaten a team coming out of a 4 game sweep before? Just kind of rare situation. I saw a few 6 game series winners facing off against 4 game series winners and it looks like the team that had the sweep won about 75% of the time.

nativecbj

Jan 16, 2014
Dayton, OH
I think the key is stopping their big three (63, 37, 88). I think we can outskate their D with the Top 6 F and beat em up with the bottom 6. Looking forward to it, that's all I REALLY know.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Has a nhl team coming out of a 7 game series beaten a team coming out of a 4 game sweep before? Just kind of rare situation. I saw a few 6 game series winners facing off against 4 game series winners and it looks like the team that had the sweep won about 75% of the time.
Bruins fan here. Not quite a sweep but the Bruins smoked Tampa in Game 1 last year of the 2nd round after Tampa won in 5 in the first round (with a ton of rest) and Boston won the first round in 7 (with very little rest). Tampa then proceeded to destroy the Bruins in the next 4 games.

Classic rust vs. rest scenario where you don't know which way it's going to go.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Bruins fan here. Not quite a sweep but the Bruins smoked Tampa in Game 1 last year of the 2nd round after Tampa won in 5 in the first round (with a ton of rest) and Boston won the first round in 7 (with very little rest). Tampa then proceeded to destroy the Bruins in the next 4 games.

Classic rust vs. rest scenario where you don't know which way it's going to go.

Tampa has quite a reputation of losing Game 1's from what I hear. But it seems that rest usually prevails all other things equal.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Kind of a trap game for Bruins. Emotional hard fought 7 game series vs an original 6 rival, one day rest and then thrown into a series against some flyover state team that’s well rested and got something to prove. I think CBJ win tonight.

I read on the mains that three times in the 2000s a team that swept met a team that went 7 in the previous series, and that the team that swept lost all three times.

That said, I also read on the mains that, in the past five years, every team that swept a series has won its next series.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Wish all of our defensemen were healthy.
As a Bruins fan I feel the same way...Would love to have McQuaid for the playoffs. He is such a warrior and excellent on the PK. What is up with him ? Loved him on the B's.

I wish Kevan Miller was in for the B's

I hope for a great game tonight with no injuries to either team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->