Post-Game Talk: "Here we are! Rocked us like a Hurricane!" | Leafs lose 4-1 to Carolina

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I do mean style wise and really, the difference between 6/6'1, 195lbs and 6'2, 205lbs isn't much of a difference at all. Not like I'm talking about a sidewalk crack and the grand canyon here.

Except one is 5'11 179 and the other is 6'2 205 presently.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Was it just me or were there chants of "Lets go Blue Jays!" late in the 3rd? :laugh:

Either way we shouldn't be too upset about these losses, this team just not good enough to compete, injuries to our key players ie from last year Lupul, Gardiner and Kessel going cold don't help the cause either.

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
Really? I've only seen really small windows of him (2 Halifax games and the WJC) but it looked like he's a guy that can dominate the corners if he has to.

Eh, whatever. He still kicks ass :laugh:

He is a hell of a prospect, we haven't had a forward prospect like him since....I'm drawing blanks.

MakeTheIronSing

Oct 13, 2011
Edmonton
ive never in my life seen such a sorry bunch of hockey players try and play hockey in my whole entire life.

they have lost 2 games in a row now! back to back games!

they have a guy who came out of nowhere thats playing 1st line defensive minutes. ive never even heard of this guy! why is he playing 1st line defensive minutes when ive never even heard of him before 9 games ago!!!???

why isn't kadri playing on the 1st line!?!?!? he's been our best player for 9 games now!!! thats almost 10 whole games!!!!

why hasn't phil kessel scored a goal yet!?!?!? why haven't we traded phil kessel for a young offensive 1st line player!?!?!!? 9 games and counting people!!!

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
I agree though.

JVR Seguin Perry
Lupul Kadri Grabs
Kulemin Bozak Frattin
Komarov McClemment Brown
McLaren

Gunnarsson Phaneuf
Rielly Komisarek
Gardiner Jones
Hamilton Franson

Reimer
Scrivens

Inserted the 2 players this team wishes they had (budding #1C, top pairing D prospect)

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I am so tired of the PP, how long till RC tries something different? Don't understand why he keeps forcing the same grp. When you watch our PP is as if Kessel was playing with pylons.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
Is injury prone fair? Looking at his whole career, I believe it is. Bad luck with that Phaneuf shot. I mentioned why rush to re-sign him? I dont get it. Why not wait 20 games. He had a break out year, but he could revert back. Kulemin is not a 30 goal guy.

I disagree with the injury prone, but I see where you're coming from. I do strongly agree that we shouldn't have rushed the contract. I thought it was a bad move when they announced it. Should've waited.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
MacKinnon isn't as physical as Benn. MacKinnon is definitely strong on his skates, but like Interactif said his speed is one of his best assets.

Mackinnon reminds me more of Seguin when he is skating rather than Benn, I don't see Benn at all in Mackinnon.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Was it just me or were there chants of "Lets go Blue Jays!" late in the 3rd? :laugh:

Either way we shouldn't be too upset about these losses, this team just not good enough to compete, injuries to our key players ie from last year Lupul, Gardiner and Kessel going cold don't help the cause either.

There was. Exciting team they have lined up there.

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
Road trip is going to suck. Going into Washington to face a Caps team coming off a 6-3 rout on Sunday, then we've got the Jets and their building, next is the Habs on Saturday with the Hughson/Simpson HNIC curse against us, Flyers/Canes after that ... wow

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011
Wow; this is the most unintelligent post ever posted on these forums.

You're out of your element.

Try to refute one thing I said. Carlyle keeps putting the same lineup out on the PP and 5 on 5. The only reason the PK has been "working" is because of Reimer. The PP hasn't improved one bit. Kostka played more minutes than Chara on Saturday. Meat heads are littered on the line depite them costing the only goal on Saturday and shifting the momentum in Carolina's favour early in the 2nd. The Kadri line looks like the only one that gives a crap yet they still get 3rd line minutes. Bozak is still on the top line. But I'm sure those bag skates are really helpful. Even Getzlaf criticized him.

It's easy to look good when you have Nieds and Pronger and that all-star team, but Carlyle can't coach any other type of team. Zero accountability. Worse than Wilson. If Wilson had half the goaltending Carlyle has, we would've made the playoffs.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Why are people acting shocked?

Why are people acting shocked and so upset that we've lost the last few games.

If this was any other team but the Leafs and you were told that the team was predicted to finish in the bottom half of the Eastern standing and then they lost the following:

-their 2nd best offensive winger in Lupul

3 of their top 6 dmen in:
-their best defensive dman in Gunnarson
-their best young up and coming dman in Gardiner
-their best natural right side dman in Komisarek

How would you think they'd fair?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
If that's the case then this team is a joke.

Exactly. Deflated after the Bozak goal was disallowed?

Did everyone just forget the Leafs played terrible before that call too?

This team is too inconsistent to make the playoffs even if Reimer plays good.

Best thing to do: Start selling any player that isn't in the immediate future plans of the Leafs and tank.

This team needs a legitimate top 5 player much more than it needs to finish 9th.

Let's not become a younger version of the Calgary Flames.

SteveV*

Holzer was just awful. Franson is a joke in our end too much of the time. The fourth line was an utter mess, picking this plug up on waivers brutal move, he and Orr might be worst duo in the league.

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
Exactly. Carlyle has nothing else to use. It's not like Gunnarsson or Liles has outplayed any of the AHLers. They've all been mediocre at best. The only moves I question about Carlyle is Kostka on the PP and Komisarek constantly scratched.

Stick a forward on the point? Kulemin maybe since he's responsible defensively, and has a pretty damn good shot.

Dougie Gilmour

Sep 2, 2012
Honestly a lot of these "Leaf fans" are losers and know nothing and come on here/Facebook status and complain. People make me sick!

tobra

Feb 2, 2013
the Blake effect

Why does our whole team look like jason blake right now?? same move everytime and lose puck or make crap shot that misses net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad