Player Discussion Henrik Lundqvist Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBNY

Nov 25, 2016
Lundqvist has clearly regressed this year. I'm wondering if he pulls a Chris Drury in two seasons and honorably retires before he gets bought out.

His contract makes him untradable unfortunately. I was never a fan of spending big money on goaltenders since there are so many good ones out there.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
My god...amazing how we go through this same song and dance every ****ing year.

I'm not saying Henrik hasn't regressed. All I'm saying is give it until the end of the year. The dude has literally never had a non-elite season in his career.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
The ire is misplaced. Hank playing a stretch of average games and the team is finally exposed for the trash it truly is.

He needs to be better. He'd be the first one to tell you that. But this team is so fundamentally flawed beyond Hank and it's ignored by everyone.

"This team is different"

No, it really isn't. They'll go as Hank goes because the team isn't good.

Don't quote me, I'm logging off HF now :P

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The ire is misplaced. Hank playing a stretch of average games and the team is finally exposed for the trash it truly is.

He needs to be better. He'd be the first one to tell you that. But this team is so fundamentally flawed beyond Hank and it's ignored by everyone.

"This team is different"

Don't lie. We'll see you in the morning ;)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

"This team is different"

The Rangers' suckiness on defense doesn't excuse Lundqvist whose ****ups weigh a lot more heavily than each defenseman that sucks. He also makes more than everyone. Sure the D sucks, but there's no one player that's having as negative impact on the game than Hank. The guy just blows chunks now.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Needs to sit. Raanta needs to play. Have Lundqvist take a week off, work with Benny, because this is unacceptable.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Needs to sit. Raanta needs to play. Have Lundqvist take a week off, work with Benny, because this is unacceptable.

I think this probably should happen, but I don't think the Rangers would actually do that unless this keeps happening even longer. Hank's leash is probably extremely long because of what he's done for the team in the past.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
I blame the coach and GM more than Hank..

Hank is clearly finished as an NHL goalie sooner than expected, and the loyalty to him is going to result in the team missing the playoffs.

If it wasn't for our offense scoring 5 goals a game for that long stretch, this team would be at the bottom of the metro with this goaltending.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

"This team is different"

Hank deserves a very fair amount of criticism but this is right. People said this team was cheating fate and now they're getting caught.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Dear Henrik,

If you hang out with Brandon Dubinsky this week at Applebee's and he shows you this thread, please trust yourself and trust your teammates and make decisions based on what's in front of you and not what's behind the play. Take a relaxing Christmas break and come back with a better feeling.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
I think this probably should happen, but I don't think the Rangers would actually do that unless this keeps happening even longer. Hank's leash is probably extremely long because of what he's done for the team in the past.

I mean, Hank's still the clear cut #1 goalie for me, I just think he needs a week off to work on some things. I hope the Rangers and him could do this without worrying about the future, because like it or not, he's here for another 5+ years.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Wow, talk about a strawman.

1) Most people here wanted Staal and Girardi gone.

2) Those that wanted them to bounce back was management and it I haven't heard anyone saying that Lundqvist from management trying to run out Lundqvist.

3) It's much harder to hide Staal and Girardi than bad goaltending.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Wow, talk about a strawman.

1) Most people here wanted Staal and Girardi gone.

2) Those that wanted them to bounce back was management and it I haven't heard anyone saying that Lundqvist from management trying to run out Lundqvist.

3) It's much harder to hide Staal and Girardi than bad goaltending.

That tweet is referencing people who harbor the same opinions about Lundqvist that you do.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Hank was terrible last season, terrible in the playoffs, terrible in the World Cup and has been terrible this season.

This isn't a slump, this is a 34 year old goalie at the end of his career. It's a shame he couldn't last another couple years until Shestyorkin is ready to come over.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
I'm pretty sure he will bounce back from this current form which barley holds NHL standard. But for now I'm sick of him losing games on his own and I can't even think of the last one he won for his team, even been one this season? Play Raanta for this upcoming road trip don't care that it is back to back games. Hank should watch a ton of tapes and work on fundamental details which clearly isn't in his spine atm.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Hank was terrible last season, terrible in the playoffs, terrible in the World Cup and has been terrible this season.

This isn't a slump, this is a 34 year old goalie at the end of his career. It's a shame he couldn't last another couple years until Shestyorkin is ready to come over.

Last season was arguably his best @ 5-on-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad