News Article: Hemsky gone?

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Hemsky has never shown any enthusiasm about staying in Ottawa, I dont know why anyone would be at all surprised about him moving on for what he hopes is his big payday with a winning team.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Kassian gone worries you?

If the franchise was so broke, it would have kept him and liquidated Greening and Neil before trade deadline.

No, we have an owner who is trying to spend wisely. doesn't mean I agree with his view on the team but, he ain't broke and we have plenty of excellent pieces in place still.

No what worries me is losing Aflie last yr now we are losing Michelak Hemsky Spezza then probably Methot and Ryan

This team isnt "broke broke" but we are laying on the floor

We are going backwards ...Dont drink the kool aid "spending wisely" its Melynks clever way of not hurting his ticket sales

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
No what worries me is losing Aflie last yr now we are losing Michelak Hemsky Spezza then probably Methot and Ryan

We are going backwards ...Dont drink the kool aid "spending wisely" its Melynks clever way of not hurting his ticket sales

As of now, zero proof that happens.

Arguments should have some shred of evidence behind it, not just panic channeled into hysteric predictions.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Hemsky has never shown any enthusiasm about staying in Ottawa, I dont know why anyone would be at all surprised about him moving on for what he hopes is his big payday with a winning team.

He's only said positive things about playing here. I haven't seen any negativity. I'm not even advocating it but if Spezza stays and the Sens offer Ales a good contract, there's a good chance he stays.

Too many people here are over-reacting based on what amounts to wild speculation and one reporter jumping to a conclusion.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
I would imagine he would play much more (on the first line) if he stayed in Ottawa. I guess that doesn't mean much if all he wants is to be in the playoffs.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I would imagine he would play much more (on the first line) if he stayed in Ottawa. I guess that doesn't mean much if all he wants is to be in the playoffs.

He's 31

He has to start thinking about getting a shot at a cup, and this must be doubly true for anyone who came so close back in 2006 (what an awesome run it was)

This could be the final time he gets to decide where he goes, he needs to make this count

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
This is why we need to stop wasting draft picks on rentals.

They don't stick around. Drafted players do. At least for a while anyway.

Well we gave up a 3rd and a 5th for him. I don't think we paid too steep a price. Plus we seem to have some promising young players coming up, so I'm not too worried. On the other hand, I can see why people wouldn't be too crazy about giving up picks, even if they are 3rd and 5th rounders for 20 games of Hemsky and we still missed the playoffs. If he sticks around I would say it's worth it though.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Michalek is the last of that trio I'd want back. :cry:

Murray's comments were clear.

He talked about the Big Five that would need contracts and the two that will be UFAs this year.

He said he had talked to them all, had made no commitments and he didn't want them all back because he needed to make room for the young players.

He mentioned MM wanted to stay, but there was no commitment made to Milan.

With Hemsky he was also clear, they had talked about him and he was a TBD.

The only player of the seven he indicated he wanted to keep was Ryan.

Considering Ryan, Stone, and Hemsky all play the RW, it is obvious why Ales is a TBD.

Murray also wants to add a big winger, a guy tough to play against.

He also indicated there might be other changes outside of these seven.

The media is operating on nothing but speculation.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

The sky is falling!!!

Losing Michalek is probably good for us
Hemsky was a rental. Other teams have done it too.
If Spezza is traded we will get something back. That something could help us.
Ryan has said he wants to re-sign. Will we have the money is the question.
Methot is from here and I assume he wants to stay.

Step back from the ledge.

sensfan25

Dec 1, 2010
Vancouver
Hopefully we can keep Hemsky, he actually has chemistry with Spez. If they stay healthy over a full season then that is a legit top line. Michalek certainly frustrated me this year but if he re-signs for very cheap, then why not keep him. I think he can still pot 20-25 goals on the wing with Spez and Hempsky. Off Michalek 2*3mil or 3*2.7.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Hemsky is good, I know he has ton of skill and Id like to get him signed too but imo we are in need of a power forward or someone strong along the boards/can screen goalie than a hemsky. Im not saying Hemsky is soft becuz he goes to the dirty areas but he also got this finesse kind of floater in his game and we have many of those guys already.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Is there any scenario where we can keep Hemsky and get rid of Spezza? Not saying I want us to trade Spezza, but maybe Hemmer could play with Zibby?

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
If we can't hemsky what's the point of keeping Michaelek? Seems like a possibility that we lose our entire top line this off season.. a shame because I think could have done some serious damage in a full year and with the Turris line we would have had a pretty solid top 6

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I wouldnt be too worried if Hemsky leaves. I think his numbers were more a product of Spezza getting hot. I'd like to keep him but if we dont resign him hopefully his salary goes to another UFA.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Murray also wants to add a big winger, a guy tough to play against.

He never specified what forward position. He merely referenced a big tough forward. Could mean that if Spezza leaves, a tough top 6 centre is brought in.

Obviously if Spezza leaves, chances are Hemsky does too. But my point is that we could end up tougher down the middle as opposed to on wing.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Is there any scenario where we can keep Hemsky and get rid of Spezza? Not saying I want us to trade Spezza, but maybe Hemmer could play with Zibby?

Nope.

He already said that playing with top line center like Spezza will factor into his decision on whether to resign or not.

He absolutely will not stay in Ottawa to play with zibby.

enviro61

Sep 12, 2006
Ottawa
He's only said positive things about playing here. I haven't seen any negativity. I'm not even advocating it but if Spezza stays and the Sens offer Ales a good contract, there's a good chance he stays.

Too many people here are over-reacting based on what amounts to wild speculation and one reporter jumping to a conclusion.

Hmm, it's ok when you speculate but not others. Anyway, Melnyk is in spin mode, he will not spend $$. In another 2 years, any of the remaining Melnyk apologists will sadly realize that until we get a new owner this team simply can not compete. Reminds me of the Expos when they used to have the fire sale of every decent player near the end of their existence; broke my damn heart it did. I love the Sens but I hate Melnyk, he is bad for the team.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Hmm, it's ok when you speculate but not others. Anyway, Melnyk is in spin mode, he will not spend $$. In another 2 years, any of the remaining Melnyk apologists will sadly realize that until we get a new owner this team simply can not compete. Reminds me of the Expos when they used to have the fire sale of every decent player near the end of their existence; broke my damn heart it did. I love the Sens but I hate Melnyk, he is bad for the team.

Melnyk claims he wants to bring a cup here, but he doesn't want to spend and if you don't spend you're not winning the cup.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
What? Hemsky was awesome with us.

He was pretty good but i think his numbers were inflated by spezza getting hot in the second half of the season. To me if seemed like he had less of an impact that an actual goal scorer would have.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00