News Article: Hemsky gone?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/senato...g-everything-after-missing-playoffs-1.1777271

Near the bottom it has the following :
Milan Michalek, Ales Hemsky and Matt Kassian are all unrestricted free agents this season and it appears Michalek could be the only one returning.

Murray said Kassian isn't in his plans and he didn't believe the Senators were in Kassian's plans. As for Hemsky, it doesn't appear he will return.

Michalek has expressed an interest in returning and it's likely term and money will play a factor.

Are there any actual quotes from somewhere that indicate this? Or is it just he's going to test Free Agency but we're just as likely a destination as anyone else?

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
Its disapointing they dont have the budget to resign Hemsky but im impressed with the way Murray used Kassian. Just having Kassian scratched made the Leafs bring a youngster which made it easier for Senators to win. Must be a first! =)

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
If you listen to the interviews, it's pretty obvious. He mentions playoffs all the time, how he just wants to play in the playoffs. We're not a guarantee, I don't blame him for signing somewhere else.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
From everything I've heard, we've got just as good a chance as anyone, assuming we don't trade spezza

The Fuhr*

He's going to go to a cap team not a budget team... He wants to win

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
The way Hemsky was talking during his last interview, basically did a good job by now saying "Yeah, this isn't a team for me" . He's definitely on his way out.

Playoffs are a must for Hemsky. Missing the playoffs this year, kinda makes it a no-no for Hemmer.

The Fuhr*

He should go to Toronto, they're a cap team and as a result, a bunch of winners. Am I doing it right fuhr?

Why can't he want to go to a well run team like Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago, San Jose?

Why when people say cap teams you just jump to the worst?

The teams that spend to the cap and are elite... Those are the teams the Sens need to beat to win the cup... Who cares about the stupid money the Rangers and Leafs spend ?

Oct 10, 2010
I think people are reading to much into the word budget it does not mean there a floor team.

Lets hope not.

Regardless, 26th in payroll last year on top of all the BS we allegedly has to do to make Hemsky fit in our budget was embarrassing.
- Waive Conacher
- Loan Corvo
- Have EDM play 50 of Hemsky contract.

All while being ranked 26th last year.

sam2020

Apr 1, 2014
Why can't he want to go to a well run team like Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago, San Jose?

Why when people say cap teams you just jump to the worst?

The teams that spend to the cap and are elite... Those are the teams the Sens need to beat to win the cup... Who cares about the stupid money the Rangers and Leafs spend ?

So if Florida spends to the cap there elite?

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Lets hope not.

Regardless, 26th in payroll last year on top of all the BS we allegedly has to do to make Hemsky fit in our budget was embarrassing.
- Waive Conacher
- Loan Corvo
- Have EDM play 50 of Hemsky contract.

All while being ranked 26th last year.

I think this is solely because he wasn't producing to his contract terms and they really wanted him gone. Sweeten the deal and a coincidence that we're a "budget" team.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
This is why we need to stop wasting draft picks on rentals.

They don't stick around. Drafted players do. At least for a while anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad