Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think we will end up seeing:

Franzen - Zetterberg - Nyquist
Helm- Weiss - Abdelkader
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Miller - Glendening - Cleary

Helm-Weiss-Abdelkader drawing 2nd line matchups concerns me a bit.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Helm-Weiss-Abdelkader drawing 2nd line matchups concerns me a bit.

Me to, but it is definitely a Babcock lineup. They should be solid defensively though. This would also allow the kid line to take advantage of other teams third lines. Seems like solid Babcock logic to me. I would like to see Pulkkinen's shot on the PP like you suggested, but I just don't see him making the team out of camp.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Me to, but it is definitely a Babcock lineup. They should be solid defensively though. This would also allow the kid line to take advantage of other teams third lines. Seems like solid Babcock logic to me. I would like to see Pulkkinen's shot on the PP like you suggested, but I just don't see him making the team out of camp.

Yeah, I hear you. I like the look of the lines, some good thought there. That line should be good defensively and able to be "neutral", but then again I could see some teams taking advantage of them,

If you are going off a Babcock line-up Cleary is also probably higher in the depth chart unfortunately. Unless the assistants are keeping him in check, which for all of our sakes, I hope that is the case.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Joakim Andersson is among those fighting for a spot in the middle. He was bumped in the lineup last year by Luke Glendening, but Andersson is sound defensively, has worked on his foot speed, and has a slight vote of confidence from Babcock.

"He's in no danger, I don't think, but who knows," Babcock said. "It's a competitive situation. Andy at the end, Glennie took his spot. Andy is skating great, he's way lighter, he's very fit. He was sick the whole second half last year, we couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. He's healthy, he's playing good, we expect a lot from him."

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2014/09/25/detroit-red-wings-riley-sheahan/16192241/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad