Confirmed with Link: Helm to Colorado

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I am hoping Larkin's dip is a direct result of the talent level of this team. I think there were some moves this offseason that are going to lead to some better chemistry in the lineup. I also think we tend to lean on Larkin a lot, he may be one of our best talents but he is not a lock for first-line center. He is one of those situations we have been in for years where he is not the best but he is the best we got so everyone is playing in roles above their head. Thankfully that is all changing. If we would have had better lottery luck I think Larkin would be our 2C by now.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
losing Timmins + Grubauer + Donskoi + Saad + PEDell hurts their depth significantly. They've 5 high end pieces (L1 + Makar & Girard) w/Toews, Kadri & possibly Byram playing significant supporting roles. The rest of the roster is meh. Kuemper is ok.

'01/'02 - '20/'21
Capture.PNG

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I am hoping Larkin's dip is a direct result of the talent level of this team. I think there were some moves this offseason that are going to lead to some better chemistry in the lineup. I also think we tend to lean on Larkin a lot, he may be one of our best talents but he is not a lock for first-line center. He is one of those situations we have been in for years where he is not the best but he is the best we got so everyone is playing in roles above their head. Thankfully that is all changing. If we would have had better lottery luck I think Larkin would be our 2C by now.

The best players can produce regardless.

Reactions: Retire91

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
The best players can produce regardless.

I agree 'best' is a relative term and people might not agree but I think Larkin has always been the benefactor of being a medium fish in a small pond. I still appreciate Larkin and support him having a role on this team but the recent seasons sure are concerning.

I mean he did crack the real gud Holland lineup right after the draft, it takes an exceptional human being to not be blocked by the latest almost retired vet signing in those days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad