OT: Hello, My Name Is...

Horsehead

Dec 30, 2013
Lake Ray Hubbard
Name: Horsehead (aka Brandon)
Sex: m
Birthplace: Baton Rouge, La
Hometown: Rockwall, Tx
Mode of Transportation: Depends on the day..2010 SS/RS Camaro, 71 Z28 Camaro, 2008 F-150, 2014 Hyundai Volester Turbo
Job: Sales
How and when you became a Stars fan: Summer of 93 I moved here from Miami, parents bought me season tickets, and I got to meet all the players and was hooked....Churla man!
Current Favorite Stars Player: Jamie / Tyler
All-Time Favorite Stars Player: Mighty Mo
Current Favorite Non-Stars Player: Steven Stamkos
All-Time Favorite Non-Stars Player: The Great One
College Attended: University of Texas
Favorite Band(s): Def Leppard, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Chevelle, Seether, Zombie, Aranda, AIC, pink Floyd, Doors, Zepplin, Rush, Van Halen, Korm, Metallica, Dokken
Favorite Movie(s): Enemy at the Gates, Airplane, Spaceballs, Early Star Wars, Clerks
Favorite Food: 2 inch bone in rib eye steak
Favorite TV Show(s): Blacklist....I don't watch a lot of tv...I hate reality shows.
Favorite City: Munich....been there several times for business...and in the states.. Marquette Michigan.
Hobbies: Working out, Car shows with my restored 71 Camaro, model cars, concerts.
Interesting Fact About Yourself: I was called a jackass by Sports Illustrated, also seen Def Leppard in concert 50 times..most recently this past Sunday with Kiss.

Last edited:

Ampersand

Mode of Transportation: Depends on the day..2010 SS/RS Camaro, 71 Z28 Camaro, 2008 F-150, 2014 Hyundai Volester Turbo
How and when you became a Stars fan: Summer of 93 I moved here from Miami, parents bought me season tickets, and I got to meet all the players and was hooked....Churla man!
Favorite Band(s): Def Leppard, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Chevelle, Seether, Zombie, Aranda, AIC, pink Floyd, Doors, Zepplin, Rush, Van Halen, Korm, Metallica, Dokken
Favorite Movie(s): Enemy at the Gates, Airplane, Spaceballs, Early Star Wars, Clerks
Favorite TV Show(s): Blacklist....I don't watch a lot of tv...I hate reality shows.
Favorite City: Munich....been there several times for business...and in the states.. Marquette Michigan.
Hobbies: Working out, Car shows with my restored 71 Camaro, model cars, concerts.
Interesting Fact About Yourself: I was called a jackass by Sports Illustrated

What did you do???

StoneColdGMJN

Jul 16, 2013
Marquette
Interesting Fact About Yourself: I was called a jackass by Sports Illustrated, also seen Def Leppard in concert 50 times..most recently this past Sunday with Kiss.
Id love to hear your explaination for Marquette, Michigan! I hate that boring ass god forsaken hellhole...

brinkmanjs

May 29, 2013
Central Texas
Why not?

Name: John
Sex: yes and lots of it
Birthplace: Lawrence, KS
Hometown: We moved around quite a bit, but currently, Harker Heights, Texas
Mode of Transportation: Currently either bicycle or LPCs (Leather Personnel Carriers aka feet)
Job: OR Nurse in the U.S. Army
How and when a Stars fan: Some interest in my youth (grew up in Rochester, MN), huge Modano fan and major resurgence in interest with both myself and the team moving to Texas in 93 (coincidence? I think not!) and SC win in 99!
Current Fave Star: The dynamic duo- Benn n Seguin
All time Fave Star: Mike Modano
Current Fave Non-Stars player: Pavel Datsyuk
All time Fave Non-Stars player: Joe Sakic
College Attended: Several to include: BYU (Utah) and UTHSCSA (U of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio)
Fave Band(s): Def Leppard, Collective Soul, Led Zeppelin, U2, RHCP, Linkin Park...you get the idea.
Fave Movies: The Man in the Iron Mask, The Prestige, Inception, Last of the Mohicans, most Tarentino films
Fave TV: GoT, TWD, Homeland, Breaking Bad, Falling Skies and a huge Seinfeld fan (giddy up!)
Fave Foods: Pretty much anything my wife cooks:D, Alaskan King Crab, Peanut Butter
Fave Cities: Int'l-Budapest, Hungary and Edinburgh, Scotland USA- Salt Lake City
Hobbies: Music/playing guitar, anything outdoors (biking, skiing, etc.), my Charger R/T.
Interesting Fact about Myself: Currently working in premier multi-national (British, Danish and US) trauma center in Afghanistan caring for the sick and wounded.

Horsehead

Dec 30, 2013
Lake Ray Hubbard
Id love to hear your explaination for Marquette, Michigan! I hate that boring ass god forsaken hellhole...

We vacation every 3rd week in August in the U.P.
I said Marquette as it's more known then where we actually go.
We stay on a private lake near Gwinn. No cell phone reception... no nothing.
Stay off the grid for a week is bliss.
We go to Marquette proper for one day to eat at the Verling to get my new pint glass.
Drink good craft beer and then go to Presque Isle to swim in superior.
I couldn't live there... but it's fun to get away.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
Name: James
Sex: M
Birthplace: Irving, TX
Hometown: Grand Prairie, TX
Mode of Transportation: 2010 Mustang GT
Job: I'm currently working for the Distribution Center of a local school district and attending college
Current Favorite Stars Player: Jamie Benn
All-Time Favorite Stars Player: Brenden Morrow
Current Favorite Non-Stars Player: Ryan Johansen
All-Time Favorite Non-Stars Player: Al MacInnis
College Attended/Attending: TCC
Favorite Band(s): Opeth, Swans, Brand New, Pinback, Neurosis, Katatonia, Mountain Goats, Pig Destroyer, Acid Bath, etc.
Favorite Movie(s): Saving Private Ryan, Dumb and Dumber, Day of the Dead (1985), The Sandlot, Happy Gilmour
Favorite Food: Chicken fried steak, enchiladas, and of course a bad ass burger is always awesome
Favorite TV Show(s): The Walking Dead, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Chappelle Show
Favorite City: Estes Park, Colorado
Hobbies: Gaming, disc golf, hockey and beer. Lots of beer. Always. Beer.
Interesting Fact About Yourself: I am a lifetime 1000 hitter against Clayton Kershaw. I went 2-2 with 2 doubles in a game against Highland Park my senior year. #UncleRico

Just wanted to amend this. I just bought myself this beautiful piece of automotive excellence yesterday. It's like sex on 4 wheels.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
Name: James
Sex: M
Birthplace: Irving, TX
Hometown: Grand Prairie, TX
Mode of Transportation: 06 Nissan Altima
Job: I'm currently working for the Distribution Center of a local school district and attending college
Current Favorite Stars Player: Jamie Benn
All-Time Favorite Stars Player: Brenden Morrow
Current Favorite Non-Stars Player: Ryan Johansen
All-Time Favorite Non-Stars Player: Al MacInnis
College Attended/Attending: TCC
Favorite Band(s): Opeth, Swans, Brand New, Pinback, Neurosis, Katatonia, Mountain Goats, Pig Destroyer, Acid Bath, etc.
Favorite Movie(s): Saving Private Ryan, Dumb and Dumber, Day of the Dead (1985), The Sandlot, Happy Gilmour
Favorite Food: Chicken fried steak, enchiladas, and of course a bad ass burger is always awesome
Favorite TV Show(s): The Walking Dead, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Chappelle Show
Favorite City: Estes Park, Colorado
Hobbies: Gaming, disc golf, hockey and beer. Lots of beer. Always. Beer.
Interesting Fact About Yourself: I am a lifetime 1000 hitter against Clayton Kershaw. I went 2-2 with 2 doubles in a game against Highland Park my senior year. #UncleRico

A mustang ah....well, little girls do like ponies I guess.
:sarcasm:
Well it's the first car that I've actually purchased so I'm rather proud of it.

txpenny

Jun 27, 2014
Tampa / Dallas
Name: Penny
Sex: Prefer a good night's sleep
Birthplace: Green Bay
Hometown: Dallas & Rural East Texas
Mode of Transportation: Favorite is my Ford Platinum Deisel F250
Job: Contractor/Rancher
How and when a Stars fan: Grew up playing pond hockey. Was in Texas long before Minnie's move and was at the old barn for game 1 versus Detroit. Current season ticket holder (only recent lapse was the year after each lock out in protest)
Current Fave Star: Jamie Benn
All time Fave Star: Jere Lehtinen
Current Fave Non-Stars player: Drew Doughty
All time Fave Non-Stars player: #99
College Attended: Several to include: University of Iowa
Fave Band(s): Jackson Browne, The Bank, Joe Walsh, Alice in Chains (daughter influence), Evanescence
Fave Movies: Blazing Saddles, Fargo, Grosse Point Blank, Pulp Fiction, True Romance
Fave TV: Breaking Bad, The Wire, Sopranos, The Newsroom, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Justified, The West Wing
Fave Foods: Wagyu Beef (mine)
Fave Cities: St. Helena, CA
Hobbies: Anything that requires a chain saw, wine
Interesting Fact about Myself: Remarried ex-wife; May be the oldest fool on the stars board.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Name: Sarah
Sex: F
Birthplace: SoCal
Currently Living In: Tulsa, OK/Spokane, WA
Mode of Transportation: Infiniti J30
Job: Doing as little as possible
How and when you became a Stars fan: Moved to Oklahoma a few years ago and the Stars are the closest NHL team. Never really got into the Kings/Ducks when I lived in Cali so I became a Stars fan pretty fast
Current Favorite Stars Player: Jamie Benn/Antoine Roussel
All-Time Favorite Stars Player: Jamie Benn
Current Favorite Non-Stars Player: Toews/Stamkos
All-Time Favorite Non-Stars Player: Gretzky
College Attended/Attending: Various
Favorite Band(s): AC/DC, CCR
Favorite Movie(s): Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, The Losers
Favorite Food: Burritos
Favorite TV Show(s): Elementary, Justified, House Hunters
Favorite City: San Diego, California
Hobbies: Photography, video games, getting drunk while watching hockey
Interesting Fact About Yourself: Francophone with an unfortunate and uncontrollable bias toward French-speaking players

BPR*

Name: Gianna (my friends call me Gigi)
Birthplace: Londonderry, NH
Hometown: Durham, NH
Mode of Transportation: Kia Soul
Job: Student
How and when you became a Stars fan: Once Seguin became a Star it was the only team for me!
Current Favorite Stars Player: Tyler Seguin
All-Time Favorite Stars Player: Tyler Seguin
Current Favorite Non-Stars Player: I don't watch any other teams really.
All-Time Favorite Non-Stars Player: Tyler Seguin on the Bruins!
College Attended/Attending: UNH
Favorite Band(s): Arctic Monkeys
Favorite Movie(s): Love Actually, When in Rome
Favorite Food: Yogurt
Favorite TV Show(s): Keeping up With The Kardashians, Real Housewives of Atlanta
Favorite City: Brampton, Ontario
Hobbies: Watching Stars games!

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Name: Sarah
Birthplace: SoCal
Currently Living In: Tulsa, OK/Spokane, WA
Mode of Transportation: Infiniti J30
Job: Doing as little as possible
How and when you became a Stars fan: Moved to Oklahoma a few years ago and the Stars are the closest NHL team. Never really got into the Kings/Ducks when I lived in Cali so I became a Stars fan pretty fast
Current Favorite Stars Player: Jamie Benn/Antoine Roussel
All-Time Favorite Stars Player: Jamie Benn
Current Favorite Non-Stars Player: Toews/Stamkos
All-Time Favorite Non-Stars Player: Gretzky
College Attended/Attending: Various
Favorite Band(s): AC/DC, CCR
Favorite Movie(s): Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, The Losers
Favorite Food: Burritos
Favorite TV Show(s): Elementary, Justified, House Hunters
Favorite City: San Diego, California
Hobbies: Photography, video games, getting drunk while watching hockey
Interesting Fact About Yourself: Francophone with an unfortunate and uncontrollable bias toward French-speaking players

25 & Female? I'm surprised Satan hasnt PM'ed you yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad