OT: Hello, My Name Is...

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Name: Travis
Sex: M
Birthplace: Edmonton, Alberta - but raised and still live in Gibbons, Alberta (small town 20 min north)
Currently Living In: Gibbons, AB
Mode of Transportation: Ford Sport Trac - currently in the market for a new crossover (suggestions?)
Job: Self employed. Have my own painting business. Beautifying houses since 2006.
How and when you became a Stars fan: 1983 or 84. Buying hockey cards and stickers with my brother. I liked the name/colors/symbol.
Current Favorite Stars Player: Jamie Benn
All-Time Favorite Stars Player: Mike Modano
Current Favorite Non-Stars Player: Jarome Iginla and Zach Parise
All-Time Favorite Non-Stars Player: Peter Stastny
College Attended/Attending: Went to the University of Alberta. Bought some sweatpants, a hoody, and a couple t-shirts. Saw some nice looking girls. Was a good day.
Favorite Band(s): Dr.Dre, Eric B. & Rakim, Ice Cube, Naughty By Nature, Def Leppard, Lionel Ritchie, Billy Ocean.
Favorite Movie(s): Eddie Murphy Delirious, Boyz N Tha Hood, Lone Survivor, 4 Brothers, The Fighter, Rain Man, Predator, Dumb & Dumber, original Star Wars trilogy.
Favorite Food: Mexican, beef stew, pot roast, spaghetti w/meatballs
Favorite TV Show(s): Old Simpsons (up until about 1996), any bigfoot/sasquatch documentary-type, Three's Company, Wonder Years, old school Degrassi (Canadian), - I don't really watch much t.v. as far as current shows.
Favorite City: Winnipeg, Quebec, Montreal, Dallas
Hobbies: Going to the gym, collecting stuff (see below), sports, bigfoot
Interesting Fact About Yourself: I own over 300 old school hip hop CDs, I have a RIDICULOUSLY LARGE 1980s toy collection stemming back to my childhood, 1st person on the planet to report that Mike Modano will be signing with the Wings, I own about 65 hockey jerseys (30 Stars jerseys), I'm obsessed with bigfoot, my uncle coached the Quebec Nordiques and was an assistant with the Capitals.

Last edited:

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
reminds me... i need to check out that les stroud special... that close to your neck of the woods at all?

I've seen it 3 times. Pretty good.

I'm not sure the exact location, but it's somewhere between the Hinton area and the Rockies. I think it also runs a little south of that. About 3 hours west of me anyways.

A buddy of mine goes camping quite a bit. He told me he's hitting up that area near the end of August. Total backwoods country. I may go with.

I remember reading some book about strange and mysterious things way back when I was a kid. Of course bigfoot had a couple pages in it. Became interested right then. Now it's an obsession.

Last edited:

slim to nill*

Brian
South Dakota ( grew up in rural Illinois)
Arlington, Texas
Buick and an old Chevy Truck
Tax auditor
Noob 2012 season due to moving here
Nuke or rooster
New to hockey , Brandon Bollig use to watch a lot of AHL and he's an awesome goon
Southern Illinois University and University of Illinois at Springfield
Magnolia, Reservoir Dogs, Old School
breaking Bad, True Detective
Anything that can be grilled
New Orleans, Madison
Gardening and fishing
Nothing much

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Gibbons, AB

There's north of Edmonton?

:laugh:

Absolutely. Best small town on the planet!

heard strous on joe rogan's podcast. they were nerding out on bigfoot like crazy.

Yeah me too. Pretty interesting stuff. His claims about his Alaska stay are pretty awesome. I believe him. The guy's legit.

He is awesome. Got all of the Survivorman DVD's. The only thing I gotta say about that special is. It's quite interesting with Les in it.

It definitely is. That Todd Standing fella I'm not 100% about though. The pics/video he has seem iffy at best. Doesn't mean he's a total b.s'er but, well I dunno. Pretty interesting though and even if he is full of it, the area is still a hot spot and the big fella is still out there.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
It definitely is. That Todd Standing fella I'm not 100% about though. The pics/video he has seem iffy at best. Doesn't mean he's a total b.s'er but, well I dunno. Pretty interesting though and even if he is full of it, the area is still a hot spot and the big fella is still out there.

I think he isn't legit. I've looked up a lot of his bigfoot videos and photos and they look very fake. But that is just my opinion.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Heck, I'll play ...

Name: Grant
Birthplace: Dallas
Currently Living In: Arizona
Mode of Transportation: Ford Mustang
Job: Military
How and when you became a Stars fan: Dad's from up north and took me to Dallas Freeze games at the old Fair Park Coliseum circa 1991, then we upgraded when the North Stars moved in.
Current Favorite Stars Player: Jamie Benn probably.
All-Time Favorite Stars Player: Lehtinen, Zubov
Current Favorite Non-Stars Player: Keith Yandle
All-Time Favorite Non-Stars Player: Bryan Trottier, Larry Robinson, a bunch of old-timers
College Attended/Attending: Texas Tech
Favorite Band(s): all things rap ... MGK, Freddie Gibbs, Krizz Kaliko, Rittz, CES Cru, Eminem, Dre
Favorite Movie(s): Coming to America, Animal House
Favorite Food: fish, spaghetti
Favorite TV Show(s): don't watch TV ... stream The Ticket (IJBMF!) online and listen to Adam Carolla / soccer podcasts
Favorite City: Victoria BC, Seattle, Cologne Germany, Flagstaff AZ
Hobbies: Traveling, sports, beer, traveling to drink and watch sports, watching documentaries, traveling to the places in those documentaries
Interesting Fact About Yourself: Whenever I scroll through threads and see tjcurrie's avatar, it registers as Emmitt Smith for some reason. Wrong team, wrong sport, wrong freaking jersey number, but it's still Emmitt Smith. I dunno.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Stroud is awesome. Unlike someone like Bear Grylls who is dropped into the woods, eats a few eyeballs and scorpions then is picked up and taken to the Four Seasons for the night then dropped back into the sticks again.

Bigfoot.. Um, if there was one seems we'd have proof by now. :)

ATL Star

Mar 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
This has been a pretty interesting read... Figure I'll contribute.

Name: Matthew
Birthplace: Winter Park, FL
Hometown: Atlanta, GA
Mode of Transportation: Mercedes E350
Job: JD/MBA Student
How and when you became a Stars fan: Growing up, I loved hockey, but Atlanta didn't have a team. I always wanted to root for "southern" teams, and at the time, Dallas was the team that was consistently on national television. Grew to love Modano, Hull, Zubov, Belfour, and the rest of the crew like they were my hometown team.
Current Favorite Stars Player: Tyler Seguin
All-Time Favorite Stars Player: Mike Modano
Current Favorite Non-Stars Player: Ilya Kovalchuk
All-Time Favorite Non-Stars Player: Mark Messier
College Attended/Attending: University of Alabama, Ole Miss
Favorite Band(s): Eli Young Band, The Avett Brothers
Favorite Movie(s): Jerry MaGuire, Cobb, Man of the House, Good Will Hunting
Favorite Food: Lobster
Favorite TV Show(s): Orange is the New Black
Favorite City: Dallas, Texas
Hobbies: SEC Football, NFL Football, Civil War Literature, Music Festivals
Interesting Fact About Yourself: One of the few Stars fans in the state of Mississippi.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
Stroud is awesome. Unlike someone like Bear Grylls who is dropped into the woods, eats a few eyeballs and scorpions then is picked up and taken to the Four Seasons for the night then dropped back into the sticks again.

You forgot to mention, drinking ones urine.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta

Not necessarily.

Some believe there is "proof", it's just being hidden.

Tons of photos and video footage is out there too. It's just a matter of what's legit and what isn't. If just one shot is legit, that's enough.

People wonder why no body. You could trek through the woods forever and never come across the body of a cougar, and it's probably true for a bear as well. Remains don't last long out there, and when they belong to something so rare....

And really, we're only a few decades in where human beings have actually been out looking. With so much wilderness out there (especially the Pacific Northwest), it's easy for something to remain hidden when it wants.

Tales go way back hundreds and hundreds of years. The natives have stone carvings and drawings of ape looking creatures going way back. Well before National Geographic. No other way for them to know what one would look like, unless just a crazy coincidence. Early settlers from the 1700s have recorded incidents of 7 foot tall hairy creatures with repugnant odors making awful screams at night and coming from the woods to steal their fish.

Just too much out there to completely ignore.

I could go on and on. But I'll stop there :laugh:

Last edited:

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Eh I'm a skeptic. The default position is to not believe something until there's sufficient evidence. There isn't with this. Same with stuff like alien abductions. You could also say that it's incredibly unlikely there is some bigfoot species that hasn't produced a body or something conclusive. I've never seen a convincing photo, although photos might not be good enough as evidence these days since anything can be faked sufficiently. As far as evidence being hidden, that's just conspiracy theorist lunacy unless there's evidence or some reason for such fakery?

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Not necessarily.

Some believe there is "proof", it's just being hidden.

Tons of photos and video footage is out there too. It's just a matter of what's legit and what isn't. If just one shot is legit, that's enough.

People wonder why no body. You could trek through the woods forever and never come across the body of a cougar, and it's probably true for a bear as well. Remains don't last long out there, and when they belong to something so rare....

And really, we're only a few decades in where human beings have actually been out looking. With so much wilderness out there (especially the Pacific Northwest), it's easy for something to remain hidden when it wants.

Tales go way back hundreds and hundreds of years. The natives have stone carvings and drawings of ape looking creatures going way back. Well before National Geographic. No other way for them to know what one would look like, unless just a crazy coincidence. Early settlers from the 1700s have recorded incidents of 7 foot tall hairy creatures with repugnant odors making awful screams at night and coming from the woods to steal their fish.

Just too much out there to completely ignore.

I could go on and on. But I'll stop there :laugh:

In old Scandinavian mythology there is big trolls walking around stealing children and masters at hiding in the big Scandinavian woods. Bigfoot is just american mythology with seemingly the same powers.

You just want to think he exists therefore you have become biased which leads you to not think and use logic. You also underestimate the scientists way of finding evidence. If they can find several new bug species a year why the hell can't they find a big ape that is probably going to spread evidence around like crazy (it's big and hairy, should be real easy to track down even if it tries to hide, plus leave rather large footprints one would think).

The other side of comes down to numbers. A species need around 300 (if I remember correctly) members to avoid inbreeding, now if there is a Bigfoot species there has to be hundreds of them. That would make it almost impossible for anyone NOT to track down. And there would be hundreds of evidence like sleeping places and bones lying around.

Sorry unless this creature is magical there is no way it exists. Trust me no need to live your life based on lies. Look up James Randi, he specializes in debunking paranormal things but his arguments and reason applies to all myths.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
In old Scandinavian mythology there is big trolls walking around stealing children and masters at hiding in the big Scandinavian woods. Bigfoot is just american mythology with seemingly the same powers.

You just want to think he exists therefore you have become biased which leads you to not think and use logic. You also underestimate the scientists way of finding evidence. If they can find several new bug species a year why the hell can't they find a big ape that is probably going to spread evidence around like crazy (it's big and hairy, should be real easy to track down even if it tries to hide, plus leave rather large footprints one would think).

The other side of comes down to numbers. A species need around 300 (if I remember correctly) members to avoid inbreeding, now if there is a Bigfoot species there has to be hundreds of them. That would make it almost impossible for anyone NOT to track down. And there would be hundreds of evidence like sleeping places and bones lying around.

Sorry unless this creature is magical there is no way it exists. Trust me no need to live your life based on lies. Look up James Randi, he specializes in debunking paranormal things but his arguments and reason applies to all myths.

:laugh:

Are there upwards of 1,000 reports each year of gnomes? Unicorns? Mermaids? Nope. There are regarding bigfoot. Why is that? Is each and every one a lie?

See gnomes aren't something that's actually out there. It's a fantasized creature. Apes/gorillas on the other and do exist. So how would the natives a thousand years ago come up with drawings and carvings of them? Were they subscribing to National Geographic? Were there zoos with primates? Nope. So how? Did they just take a wild guess and it's an extreme coincidence that there are actually creatures exactly alike that exist?

For hundreds of years the mountain gorilla was believed to be a myth. Same with the giant panda. For over 140 years the giant squid was denied by science. Even though a piece of its tale was used as evidence, it was considered "against the laws of nature". The coelacanth was thought to be extinct along with the dinosaurs, until one was discovered in 1938.

We have video footage. We have photographs. We have tracks containing dermal ridges. Yet people still say, "Show me". You're one of those "If it's not in front of my nose it isn't real" people. That's fine. All your logic has been debunked by other creatures and again, we've only been "searching" for a few decades. That's nothing. It's not ridiculous at all to have not actually discovered a body, considering the wilderness out there and how quickly remains of any animal disappear. Again, go find us some cougar remains. You won't. You can search forever. But we know it exists.

Have you been to Alaska? I have. Have you been through the Pacific Northwest? I have - from where I live in Alberta through B.C. all the way down to northern California. The wilderness is ridiculous. It's never-ending. Many small planes have gone down along that stretch and have never been found.

I'm not saying 100% he's out there. I have to see it for myself to say that. But given everything, it's definitely in the realm of possibility.

Last edited:

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I'm sure at different points in history there were indeed thousands of reports of things like gnomes, fairies, and mermaids.

How many people believe something has no bearing on whether it's true. Billions throughout history have believed in different gods that can't(all?) be true. People used to believe, as the bible says BTW, that witches cause disease..and so on. Most people believed the world was flat. All wrong.

The proper way to come to a belief is to lack belief until sufficient evidence is provided. None of what you're saying is good evidence. For example those things you mentioned that weren't believed until they were discovered- no one should have believed in them until they were demonstrated to have existed. Those who withheld belief until they were demonstrated to be true were going about it the right way. Same with bigfoot. Until it's demonstrated that they exist the reasonable thing is to not believe it exists.

I've not seen video footage or photos that are convincing. Even if it is reasonable to not yet have discovered a body if the species exists, it's still not reasonable to believe it exists until we do have a body. Remember- extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad