Confirmed with Link: Heinen is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
You're the only poster on here who could make this out to be a bad thing.
1. He get's paid to play in the regular season too. 3 primary 5 on 5 assists is letting down the team and his linemates.

2. We still lost. Didn't shoot the puck in game 7 on the power play.

3. Him showing up for the playoffs last season didn't really work out.

4. He's not my favorite player.

5. Its great that we have unbiased moderators deciding what's "trolling" and someone's opinion. You can trash hextall (whole account does this), ZAR, EROD but not #71. Why is that and is that fair?

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
This is solid. I like Heinen for $1M! Now it's time for McGinn to get traded to bring us under cap compliance.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Great deal.

Only took a matter of days to sign a forward as productive as Jarnkrok was last year...for less than half the price, on a one year commitment. Truly shocking.

Last edited:
Reactions: pistolpete11

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
No hearing, he was not qualified and turned ufa.
Ok. That makes sense. Was wondering how he was a ufa since he under normal years didn’t turn 27 before July 1, as he had a July 5 birthday and didn’t have 7 seasons under his belt yet. His number would have resulted in a higher arbitration number.

Reactions: Night Shift

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
You're the only poster on here who could make this out to be a bad thing.

yep, Geno, Sid, Carter….all need to save effort…82 games for older players is a joke…I don’t care if they float around and cheat for offense all season as long we get in the playoffs and they give maximum effort to assure that happens….and then give all they have in playoffs…they’ll have a lot more to give if they take off games up until March lol

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
1. He get's paid to play in the regular season too. 3 primary 5 on 5 assists is letting down the team and his linemates.

2. We still lost. Didn't shoot the puck in game 7 on the power play.

3. Him showing up for the playoffs last season didn't really work out.

4. He's not my favorite player.

5. Its great that we have unbiased moderators deciding what's "trolling" and someone's opinion. You can trash hextall (whole account does this), ZAR, EROD but not #71. Why is that and is that fair?
Whah whah whah…. I constantly troll on a message board and talk down to other people who don’t have season tickets and thin my opinion means more then someone else’s but when I get called out on my shit I play the victim and everyone is mean to me. Whahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think the whole idea that Hextall and Heinen have a handshake agreement on an extension next summer like JR and Petts did makes sense, too.

100%.

DOC is just like a tiger or leopard lurking in the bushes waiting to strike, which will be this year.

It's not weird at all if you see it as a forthcoming trade ;)
I don't think Kap's gonna be traded, sadly. We'll see, I guess, but I think the organization's telling the truth with all their bullshit about him having another gear and the coaches liking him, etc.

I also don't think he's a sought after asset either. :laugh:

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
For who or what? Lol I have a feeling you're gonna say Towes

No, wasn't going to say Toews. I'm not convinced Toews isn't cooked. He was useless most of last year. He would be Bluger replacement if there was double-retention, he's not a top 6 F.

But getting back to Chicago: they are going to need to remain above the cap floor this year (assuming they trade Toews & Kane) and especially next season when both Toews & Kane are gone and they're worse than Arizona, and they will have a hard time attracting players.

In a similar vein, aside from looking for sweeteners & assets, Arizona was actually interested in acquiring players like Kassian and Nick Ritchie because they had term left on their deals, because the Coyotes know they're going to have a difficult time attracting players to play there until they get the new arena deal and because they're one of the 2 worst teams in the NHL, and they have to stay above the cap floor.

Chicago similarly projects to be the worst team in the NHL over the next 3-4 years. It's going to be hard for them to attract players during that time and will need to stay above the cap floor. Right now it's not an issue because Kane & Toews are on the books, but if they trade both this year with 50% retention, they'll be flirting with the cap floor. And next year, when both of those 2 guys aren't on the books, they'll need to reach the cap floor. And these scenarios don't even include the possibility of Seth Jones being traded, which will further push them below the cap floor.

So Kapanen is a perfect fit in CHI. If he plays well, they can retain 50% and flip him at this year's or next year's deadline.

What would be my ideal "return" from Chicago (or another team) in a Kapanen trade? Get them to take McGinn as well ;)

Reactions: Night Shift

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Whah whah whah…. I constantly troll on a message board and talk down to other people who don’t have season tickets and thin my opinion means more then someone else’s but when I get called out on my shit I play the victim and everyone is mean to me. Whahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It is not people being mean. Its moderators deleting posts editing the narrative because they don't agree with my opinion. Its hypocrital and juvenile.

My season tickets having nothing to do with this except I guess I'm paying to see #71 take games off. So excited for the next 4 years! Should have brought in someone new.

Ok back on topic.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Can't argue with that at all. Heinen is a solid piece that can moved all aorund the lineup and is coming in cheaper than last year. We'll see if this forces any other moves, but I'd just hope to sneak Friedman and Archibald to the AHL.

DK said one of the reasons he came back is because he liked the city. Same with Rakell. So we aren't completely incompetent in attracting FA.
As long as they get to live here first and realize, "Hey, it's not that bad."

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Did Hextal mixed up the contracts between Kapanen and Heinen ?

After last season it would had more sense with Kap at 1m and Hein at 3.2m (even tho too much), but how Heinen does make less then last season baffle me.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Man, there's some serious coping mechanisms and mental gymnastics at play when we're talking about Chicago wanting Kapanen so they can hit the cap floor. :laugh:

I imagine they'd be more inclined to take Zucker if that's their aim. Or any number of bloated contracts around the league. :laugh: Besides, Kane's an asset with value, especially retained. Toews at 50% is still too expensive for what he brings anymore, and I'd be surprised if he was even dealt if their aim was to keep the team at the cap floor while tanking for Bedard.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Chicago are already over the floor without even having a full roster?

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Heinen scored the game-winning goal in Game 3. If you recall, this occurred after we'd taken a 4-1 lead and then the Rangers pulled Igor and tied it up at 4-4.

I guess if you want to say the two empty-net goals that happened near the end of the period made it a 'blowout', feel free.

Hilarious that Malkin was the guy who freed the puck on that goal.
But something something flybys...

Reactions: Pens x

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I'd rather have E-Rod and Heinen back than Kapanen and Heinen, tbh. No idea why anyone wouldn't be satisfied with what E-Rod brought last season. Dude was very solid for this team, just misused from time to time. With the top-6 kinda settled, I don't think he'd be a mainstay there without injuries, and in that case--big shrug.
E-Rod wasn't solid last year, though. He was fantastic for 30 games and then dreadful. Judging by the rest of his career and given he's now 29 (happy birthday to him), I think it's a reasonable assumption that those 30 games were an outlier.

I'd still wager Kapanen has a better career from here on out than E-Rod. The only arguments I could buy for E-Rod over Kap are a) if he came in cheaper and b) he can fill in at C.

Edit: and happy belated to Kap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad