Confirmed with Link: Heinen is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Archibald and the 'gula are if they make the team out of camp depth is a problem guys.
We have 6 prospects in O''Connor, Zohorna, Poehling, Puustinen, Hallander and Poulin who are our depth players if needed. We certainly have no problems with depth at any position now. We signed a veteran goalie this summer as a 3rd option. We have 9 defenseman with NHL experience. We have 8 forwards that have played top 6 when needed with 5 legit very good top 6 forwards. Zucker is a legit top 6 forward when healthy and Kap has also proven to be able to play at that level in the past including a 20 goal 45 point season and a 11 goal 30 points season in 40 games in the COVID shortened season. Plus Heinen can be a 3rd wheel on a top 6 line when needed as an injury fill in. That is some pretty good depth with those 8 and Carter, Blueger, and McGinn make 11 forwards all legit NHL forwards. So you have one spot for our 6 forward prospects to fight for and Archibald to use as our 13th forward. You could keep a second prospect up instead but I rather them play big minutes in WBS and used as injury call ups.

This team is much better than the team we started with last year. Rakell is a big add to the top 6 and Petry is a big add to the defense. I also like Rutta as our 3rd RD over Ruhwedel. I always liked Ruhwedel as our 7th defensemen for depth reasons and now he is back to that spot. Not only is this team stronger than last year's group but you know we will be adding at or before the deadline. I have no doubt a significant player will be added like we did with Rakell last year. Obviously Hextall is planning on going for a Cup because this team is built for the short term.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
Yeah I'm starting to think that the "Heinen and Hextall have a handshake agreement on an extension" idea isn't as farfetched as I initially thought. It wouldn't surprise me if Heinen would have taken something like 3 years at $2.5 million a year, and Hextall is instead going to break it down into a 1 year, $1 million deal and a 2 year, $3.25 million deal. When Zucker's money comes off the books, they'll have more than enough space to do that and I don't even think $3.25 million a year for Heinen is even that bad.

Isn't that what Pettersson and GMJR did?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
This signing is very solid in a vacuum, but we really are just running it back again at forward and goal. It would have been nice to change it up. It’s to the point where I’m surprised they have not re-signed Erod yet.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I think he went to the market and didn't get offer from a single city he wanted to go to and he said "f*** it...1m it is!"
Can't find the tweet now but Winnipeg offered a lot more. He chose us. Sacrificed the money for the fit and contention (in his view).

It's nice having an organization that players wanna stay in.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yet you love boring ass no show Blueger. Weird take.
Blueger is utilized in a boring way. Wtf do you want him to do with like 80% dz starts and had to carry ZAR for a long time. Then he breaks his jaw and was out of sorts.

Prior to that, him and McGinn were money and Brockstar was born. Funny how so many love to remember selective shit. Weird take.

All we gotta do is sign EGod and we can bring the band back together!

giphy.gif

Can't find the tweet now but Winnipeg offered a lot more. He chose us. Sacrificed the money for the fit and contention (in his view).

It's nice having an organization that players wanna stay in.
Because no sane person wants to live in what is essentially worse than a taint of a country. Winnipeg is a shit place to live.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Love it. Great f***ing deal. Another move coming. Who's the odd man out?

I will say though, it makes the KK deal look so bizarre. What would have happened if we didn't qualify Kapanen? Would other teams really have jumped on it? Or would we have had the chance to get him significantly cheaper like we did here?

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Love it. Great f***ing deal. Another move coming. Who's the odd man out?

I will say though, it makes the KK deal look so bizarre. What would have happened if we didn't qualify Kapanen? Would other teams really have jumped on it? Or would we have had the chance to get him significantly cheaper like we did here?
Yeah, it's wild to me that Heinen makes less than Kap despite playing better than him. :laugh: The only way I can make sense of the logic behind it is that the organization feels that Kap is a top 6 winger waiting to break out and that Heinen is a bottom 6er who overachieved.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Yeah, it's wild to me that Heinen makes less than Kap despite playing better than him. :laugh: The only way I can make sense of the logic behind it is that the organization feels that Kap is a top 6 winger waiting to break out and that Heinen is a bottom 6er who overachieved.
Since that statement alone has no logic or reason behind it, the only thing I can think of is Hextall has somehow worked out a trade with another GM who for whatever reason wants Kap at 2x$3.2 million.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
1 goal in a 4-3 loss. Then the other two goals in 7-2 and 7-4 wins.
Heinen scored the game-winning goal in Game 3. If you recall, this occurred after we'd taken a 4-1 lead and then the Rangers pulled Igor and tied it up at 4-4.

I guess if you want to say the two empty-net goals that happened near the end of the period made it a 'blowout', feel free.

Reactions: TNT87

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Heinen scored the game-winning goal in Game 3. If you recall, this occurred after we'd taken a 4-1 lead and then the Rangers pulled Igor and tied it up at 4-4.

I guess if you want to say the two empty-net goals that happened near the end of the period made it a 'blowout', feel free.

See, that goal didn’t actually count because there wasn’t some bone jarring, board rattling hit that led to it. Or because it was just a really vanilla floater that found its way in instead of Heinen taking it to the net and dancing Georgiev. Teddy Blueger or DOC would have made that goal look cool mannnnnn

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
How is Heinen only worth 1m when kappy is worth 3.2? Those should be swapped

Because I still think Kappy is going to end up in Chicago, and they want him on a higher AAV to hit the cap floor. They're going to have a hard time attracting players given how much they're going to suck.

They like overpaid, high risk/high reward players they can retain on and try to flip at the deadline if they have good seasons. They gave good money to Athanasiou and Domi. Kapanen fits right in with that.

Maybe Kap is part of the return for them also taking McGinn or something. :dunno:

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Because I still think Kappy is going to end up in Chicago, and they want him on a higher AAV to hit the cap floor. They're going to have a hard time attracting players given how much they're going to suck.

They like overpaid, high risk/high reward players they can retain on and try to flip at the deadline if they have good seasons. They gave good money to Athanasiou and Domi. Kapanen fits right in with that.

Maybe Kap is part of the return for them also taking McGinn or something. :dunno:

For who or what? Lol I have a feeling you're gonna say Towes

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
We have 6 prospects in O''Connor, Zohorna, Poehling, Puustinen, Hallander and Poulin who are our depth players if needed. We certainly have no problems with depth at any position now. We signed a veteran goalie this summer as a 3rd option. We have 9 defenseman with NHL experience. We have 8 forwards that have played top 6 when needed with 5 legit very good top 6 forwards. Zucker is a legit top 6 forward when healthy and Kap has also proven to be able to play at that level in the past including a 20 goal 45 point season and a 11 goal 30 points season in 40 games in the COVID shortened season. Plus Heinen can be a 3rd wheel on a top 6 line when needed as an injury fill in. That is some pretty good depth with those 8 and Carter, Blueger, and McGinn make 11 forwards all legit NHL forwards. So you have one spot for our 6 forward prospects to fight for and Archibald to use as our 13th forward. You could keep a second prospect up instead but I rather them play big minutes in WBS and used as injury call ups.

This team is much better than the team we started with last year. Rakell is a big add to the top 6 and Petry is a big add to the defense. I also like Rutta as our 3rd RD over Ruhwedel. I always liked Ruhwedel as our 7th defensemen for depth reasons and now he is back to that spot. Not only is this team stronger than last year's group but you know we will be adding at or before the deadline. I have no doubt a significant player will be added like we did with Rakell last year. Obviously Hextall is planning on going for a Cup because this team is built for the short term.

Well stated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad