Post-Game Talk: heave ho! 8 in a row (At home)

3 stars of the game

• Kreider

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Buchnevich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zibanejad

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Nash

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Hayes

• Zuccarello

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Grabner

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Miller

• Desharnais

• Fast

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Carey

• Vesey

Votes: 40 69.0%
  • Skjei

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Shattenkirk

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Smith

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Staal

• Holden

• Kampfer

• Lundqvist

Votes: 33 56.9%

• Total voters

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Not to hang on Lundqvist’s nutsack, but he’s given us points we had no business getting. And he’s done so throughout his career.

When you get outplayed, yet find a way to win?

That’s just gravy. We very well could/should have lost tonight, but we didn’t.

Those wins just feel ****ing great.

Great November from our boys. :thumbu:

I though Hank had a fairly average game. Felt he should have had two of the goals. Certainly not as sharp as he was the last couple of games.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I am giving an opinion on how AV should use players, which is where his production comes into play, purely using point totals doesn't paint a full picture. Last season, Vesey was 11th among forwards on the team in P/60, this season he's 12th among forwards in P/60. If you give a player who doesn't produce as a top 9 forward premium line mates and PP time, of course he could find a way to get close to 30 points. Lindberg almost hit 30 a few years back, Fast hit 30 a few years back, Grabner hit 40 last year. I don't consider any of them to be top 9 players, they benefited from situations that most players don't get. You also counted the whole league totals, which is not a great measure, considering not every team in the league has the same offense. We had the 4th best offense last season, this season we have the 7th best.

If you can't hit 30 points over 82 games with consistency, I don't want you in my team's top 9. Even 30 points is rather borderline. If you get top 9 ice time, PP time, top 9 line mates, you should be scoring 40 points or more per 82 on this team. A guy who scores 27 is rather unproductive, in my opinion, and the per minute point stats show that Vesey is very ineffective at scoring points, at least compared to other Rangers.

Grabner is not a top-9 player? Rightttt.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
yep..dont even have to look at all those stats, just watch him..use the eye test, dont just watch when Nash single handedly sets him up for a gimme..watch when he goes behind the net and blindly throws the puck to the slot where, count em, 3 Vancouver players are, and 0 Ranger players are, only to have 3 Ranger players trapped for a 3 on 2 rush against. Or have him come in on a 3 on 2, fall over for no reason, and have a 3 on 2 against because failskates...or have him come up the ice with a head of steam, try to make a move in the neutral zone, turn it over, and have a 3 on 1 come back down our throats.

Time...and time...and effing time again, he does the same crap, and gets effing rewarded for it with MORE ice time in HIGHER leverage situations.

JIMMY VESEY IS NOT AN NHL PLAYER.

LOL.

Reactions: Ori

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
So remember all of the talk about how the Rangers would have to play .700 hockey or whatever to make the playoffs after that brutal start? Well, we're seeing it now. Team had been winning at a ridiculous rate and is still only on the playoff bubble. Basically no margin for error.

I mean, it's the same for all the teams in the metro. If any of them go on a losing streak they'll fall down the standings fast if everyone else keeps winning.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I mean, it's the same for all the teams in the metro. If any of them go on a losing streak they'll fall down the standings fast if everyone else keeps winning.

Metro should be taking 6 teams to playoffs but they can't. Someone like Bruins will make it instead of 1 of us/Caps/Pens/Isles/Devils. I think Jackets win the division.

Reactions: Ori

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Metro should be taking 6 teams to playoffs but they can't. Someone like Bruins will make it instead of 1 of us/Caps/Pens/Isles/Devils. I think Jackets win the division.
Yeah, the playoff system stinks.

It should be the division winners as seeds 1 and 2 but then 3-8 should just be the next 6 best teams.

Reactions: Ori and bl02

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad