Hearing for Khaira/Fine for Dunn - 2 Games for Khaira

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Agreed, but what Kharia did was pretty nasty too. I think they should both get the same punishment (and I think there should be some punishment). It's not Kharia's fault he's stronger than whimpy Dunn.

I never said that what Jujhar did wasn't nasty, however Dunn called down the thunder when he decided to crosscheck him high. He should've taken that hit like a man, taken Khaira's number and then tried to light him up with a hit when the opportunity presented itself. The second that he decided to crosscheck Khaira is the second that he has absolutely no sympathy from me for what happened. Frankly I am proud of Jujhar's reaction, when you purposely try to injure someone then be prepared to have someone do the same in particular when they are a big, strong and tough customer like Jujhar is.

Its narrative. We all see what we want to and we are Oilers fans. Its undeniable Khaira started the instance by giving Dunn some extra on the hit into the boards. No prob as far as I'm concerned, its a hockey play. But Dunn responds with an infractable action and gets a penalty and fine. Khaira responded with more egregious retaliation and gets more.

We need a video here of the whole sequence. I suspect when the NHl rules we will have more info to link to and review. I don't think the Oilers got jobbed here. had Dunn not got anything at all then I could see that argument. What Khaira did was worse. More force, blatant, and obvious being that it was retaliation.

Khaira needs to learn from it and he will.

Some extra? What is he supposed to do there, bump him like he's Yamamoto? Part of Khaira's effectiveness is his size and strength, if he plays like a wimp that's afraid of contact then he isn't nearly as effective of a player. That was not a dirty hit and Dunn could've slashed him leg but instead went up high with a crosscheck. He got what he had coming.

Reactions: ClinicallyOilered

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I almost want to guarantee that Dunn doesn’t get a penalty if Khaira doesn’t retaliate.. but referees are so hit and miss..

Reactions: nexttothemoon

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It better not be more than a game if they suspend him.

IMO he should get the max fine like Dunn did. It's not his fault that Dunn is a ***** that started it and then went down like a sack of potatoes when the stronger man gave it back to him.

Reactions: 780il

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I never said that what Jujhar did wasn't nasty, however Dunn called down the thunder when he decided to crosscheck him high. He should've taken that hit like a man, taken Khaira's number and then tried to light him up with a hit when the opportunity presented itself. The second that he decided to crosscheck Khaira is the second that he has absolutely no sympathy from me for what happened. Frankly I am proud of Jujhar's reaction, when you purposely try to injure someone then be prepared to have someone do the same in particular when they are a big, strong and tough customer like Jujhar is.

Some extra? What is he supposed to do there, bump him like he's Yamamoto? Part of Khaira's effectiveness is his size and strength, if he plays like a wimp that's afraid of contact then he isn't nearly as effective of a player. That was not a dirty hit and Dunn could've slashed him leg but instead went up high with a crosscheck. He got what he had coming.

I never said the check was a dirty hit, I was a fan of Raffi Torres hits, so obviously I'm not inclined to think that way. Just saying Khaira gave him extra sauce on the hit and Dunn knew it.

As others have said would've been better for Khaira to drop gloves there and clock him. He's not getting reviewed today if he did that instead.

I also stated I liked everything Khaira did there. Its possible to think that AND that Khaira is getting a hearing.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I never said the check was a dirty hit, I was a fan of Raffi Torres hits, so obviously I'm not inclined to think that way. Just saying Khaira gave him extra sauce on the hit and Dunn knew it.

As others have said would've been better for Khaira to drop gloves there and clock him. He's not getting reviewed today if he did that instead.

I also stated I liked everything Khaira did there. Its possible to think that AND that Khaira is getting a hearing.

It was a hard hit but it didn't warrant the response.

He likely would've TBH, the league is getting softer by the minute. JJ was likely seeing red and wanted his comeuppance right then and there and really wasn't thinking straight when it happened he just saw red.

Fair enough, my point is that for me at least I have a mentality of not messing with anyone/starting ****, but if **** comes to you, take care of business without prejudice.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It was a hard hit but it didn't warrant the response.

He likely would've TBH, the league is getting softer by the minute. JJ was likely seeing red and wanted his comeuppance right then and there and really wasn't thinking straight when it happened he just saw red.

Fair enough, my point is that for me at least I have a mentality of not messing with anyone/starting ****, but if **** comes to you, take care of business without prejudice.

The thing is a Dunn should have no business going after a Khaira like that. You know that in a back alley it wouldn't be happening. Its that the NHL steps in and immediately protects the Tkachuks of the league from retaliation or having to fight that results in this.

Dunn would not respond to Khaira in that way unless he felt he could avoid having to fight or square off. I think officials move in far too quickly and players get the impression they can stand with anybody.

We know Dunn would not want to fight Khaira and would avoid it all costs. So don't high stick him in the head then.

Reminds me of the Dazed and Confused movie where the guy says I'll just get a couple first punches in and then the crowd will intervene. Unfortunately in the NHL that actually works.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Funny how there was no spotter to take Dunn out for concussion protocol. He is on the ice again for the pp.
I was thinking the same thing. He looked dazed too, but played on the PP the next shift.

Whatever, even a suspension is worth it. I’m just glad this team doesn’t get bullied anymore.

Reactions: RegDunlop

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
That POS Dunn started it with a dirty crosscheck after a clean hit, he got exactly what he deserved, Khaira shouldn't get a damn thing as he wasn't the one that instigated it.
i loved it and want to see it happen more and more. in an ideal world the next person who crosschecks mcdavid eats one in the teeth. ill take a 2 game suspension to show the entire league that if you want to play that was then we can play that way. we have some aggresive boys that can whip ass and when the playoffs come around that message needs to be loud and clear. we can and will play that game and destroy you.

i bet dunn doesnt go near kharia again

The Bully from Surrey i love it

Reactions: RegDunlop

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
That was a penalty and if it is a suspension, one that I can get behind.

Sick of guys get shit like this done to them. LD's hand was/is f***ed for a bit because of a slash he took. In the future I would prefer him to just grab Dunn and take the 2 the 5 and the game.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Its narrative. We all see what we want to and we are Oilers fans. Its undeniable Khaira started the instance by giving Dunn some extra on the hit into the boards. No prob as far as I'm concerned, its a hockey play. But Dunn responds with an infractable action and gets a penalty and fine. Khaira responded with more egregious retaliation and gets more.

We need a video here of the whole sequence. I suspect when the NHl rules we will have more info to link to and review. I don't think the Oilers got jobbed here. had Dunn not got anything at all then I could see that argument. What Khaira did was worse. More force, blatant, and obvious being that it was retaliation.

Khaira needs to learn from it and he will.

I think that is the concern. Why didn't the refs blow the whistle as soon as Dunn cross checked him. They were going to let it slide til khaira gave him back and they then added a 2min penalty to make it look like they weren't biased.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
The only thing that made khaira more egregious was that Dunn went down like someone chopped his feet off.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Easy for you to say, you weren't given a crosscheck to the head/neck from behind because Dunn is a ****ing baby that can't handle clean hits.

Not arguing that Dunn wasn’t wrong. Just feel that Khaira has to be smarter when the team is losing but within striking distance.

It was selfish.

I actually would have been more okay with Khaira dropping the gloves because Dunn would have been forced to do so as well.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Not arguing that Dunn wasn’t wrong. Just feel that Khaira has to be smarter when the team is losing but within striking distance.

It was selfish.

I actually would have been more okay with Khaira dropping the gloves because Dunn would have been forced to do so as well.

What he should have done is dropped the gloves and dropped Dunn.

Reactions: joestevens29

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Next game I'd be instructing Lucic or Kassian or whoever to retaliate the first time someone does something that is over the line.

Refs ain't going to help us we need to make it known you might get f***ed up. Either that or just start slashing Kucherov, Stamkos, Point etc...

Reactions: nabob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad