Post-Game Talk: Heads high boys and girls

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
My anger as turned to the Detroit Red Wings. They don't blow a 3-1 lead, we'd be Cup champions. No doubt in my mind we'd dispatch LA in 5 or 6.

It's all Detroit's fault. :sarcasm:

Blackbear

Jan 3, 2007
My anger as turned to the Detroit Red Wings. They don't blow a 3-1 lead, we'd be Cup champions. No doubt in my mind we'd dispatch LA in 5 or 6.

It's all Detroit's fault. :sarcasm:

Probably true but Bs had command of Chicago too and let them squirm away. Coulda shoulda woulda been a VERY satisfying victory lap to beat those guys. Still, a very respectable showing.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
While this loss will sting for a while,I can still say I fulfilled my dream as a Bruins fan when we won the Cup in 2011.Rask is clearly going to be our no.1 for a long time but this loss only reiterates how special Tim Thomas's goaltending really was.Thank you Tim.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Alright, I am over it.

had we not won 2 years ago, they likely would be planning my funeral.

I am ready for next season. When is Dev camp?

You have a good point. That cup in 2011 really makes things not as bad.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
i really dont think he was hurt.
i honestly dont think he liked playing with jagr as a linemate.

whatever it was, he was a complete no-show in the finals. when he did get chances, he missed the net by a mile.

Well ....my favorite moment in all of the playoffs was Marchy blowing past cooke and scoring that goal...and then skating up to cooke and yelling "WHAT ?"

They may never say but I believe Marchy was playing injured.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I'm still so sad

But i am already looking forward to being back in my seats come September for the first pre season game at the garden

To cheer the boys on and hope they can take me on another wild ride this year was a lot of fun

Toronto game 7 was the greatest sporting event I have ever attended and I was at the Superbowl to see vinateri split the uprights in 03

hooked

Jul 6, 2005
I'm in denial. I feel like I should be reading a GDT and getting ready to watch a game 7 that would probably go to OT.

It's over. This sucks.

I blame Malkin.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm still so sad

But i am already looking forward to being back in my seats come September for the first pre season game at the garden

To cheer the boys on and hope they can take me on another wild ride this year was a lot of fun

Toronto game 7 was the greatest sporting event I have ever attended and I was at the Superbowl to see vinateri split the uprights in 03

I am already looking forward to the 2013/ 2014 schedule so I can plan my one away game.

I do wish we were watching game 7 tonight though. :(

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006
Honestly feel cheated that we don't have a game 7 tonight. Just seems like this series deserved it. Bruins just didn't have enough in the tank to close out game 6. Sucks. Even if we eventually had lost tonight still feels like we should have seen a 7 game series.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Well, we've reached the last moment of mourning, I should say. Mourning the loss of game 7 that would be now, which unfortunately was lost before it was able to happen.

Great Playoffs, Bruins. You know we're always with you through the highs and the lows.

Honestly feel cheated that we don't have a game 7 tonight. Just seems like this series deserved it. Bruins just didn't have enough in the tank to close out game 6. Sucks. Even if we eventually had lost tonight still feels like we should have seen a 7 game series.

Yep!

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston
and as usual it looked like they went into their defensive shell instead of continuing to attack

I said that also after Lucic scored the go ahead goal. They went into that defensive shell instead of continuing the attack. In other words they played to lose instead of to win, in those final few minutes. My opinion of course.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Just can't figure out why this mindset continuously either seeps into their minds or is told to them. I mean you literally dominated this team all night, killed of a huge penalty right before and decide the best game plan is to let some of the best forwards in the league come at you. I am by no means a Claude fan and have heard much criticism on his personal decisions on the last goal. But now knowing What Bergeron was dealing with it's a though call to put him out there and this is one of many crucial situations losing Campbell reaaaally hurt. Still (and I know he didn't have his regular go to guys to rely on) putting the correct personnel on the ice in the final minutes is Not Claudes strong suit offensively or defensively.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I just watched the replay of the Hawks last two goals again(I was in a state of disbelief the first time around).I mean how does Brickell get that wide open in front of the net with a minute left in the game,Lucic,I love you man,but where we're your brains and the last goal is one of those plays that 99 out of a 100 times just does not happen,it usually ends up as a broken play.That was our game:rant:

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
I just watched the replay of the Hawks last two goals again(I was in a state of disbelief the first time around).I mean how does Brickell get that wide open in front of the net with a minute left in the game,Lucic,I love you man,but where we're your brains and the last goal is one of those plays that 99 out of a 100 times just does not happen,it usually ends up as a broken play.That was our game:rant:

On the Bickell goal that is just a 6 on 5 situation, someone is going to be open.

The winning goal shouldn't have happened though - 1 Hawk beats 2 Bruins to the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad