Post-Game Talk: Heads high boys and girls

krauts

Dec 11, 2006
Already sick of the *******s on the main boards gloating over how skill and good hockey won out over "goons" and "dirty play" and "clutch/grab/interference". These dumbasses are so biased that they keep spewing this crap, and people start just accepting it.

Just had to comment when I see this as nothing bugs me more than this re-hashed crap from people that can't be bothered to form their own opinions so just parrot others'; I believe it is also referred to as "prejudice" or "racism" in other (less serious) contexts.

This is SO different than 2011, there was real animosity there and a real dislike of "the other side". This year, despite the fact that of course there are morons on every side, you can see that the majority of the vitriol and immaturity comes from other camps, notably the Leafs. Pretty pathetic. But I ended up admiring the Hawks and liking them even more than when it started (and I did like them before). The only one I am not enamored of is Kane, I thought Toews deserved the Conn Smythe; I mean he set up both game 5 goals, scored the first one in game 6; and was clearly playing when he shouldn't have. And playing very well. He is their Bergy. I was not a Keith fan before but came to the realization midway through that game last night that the guy is a horse, he is an unbelievable athlete and a very good hockey player. But really, there isn't any of them that I wouldn't take on the Bruins, hard to believe that it's even possible that I can feel that way.

Maybe part of it is having 2011 to fall back on; I cannot imagine anything topping that run, how could it ? So I take what happened this year, "the comeback", the sweep of the Rangers (not counting that one game) and Pens; and I am ok with it.

Not that it didn't sting or anything.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I'm struggling with it too. I think it's likely because we didn't have a real reason to hate the Hawks or their fans. Plus, the Hawks are a really good team, and losing to them is not a huge upset. It's disappointing, but not gut wrenching. Plus, remember what happened the year after Chicago's last Cup win?

im just glad the season is over. watching 4 hrs of hockey a nite ruins a social life.
I'll just be glad to do other things now.

But I am pissed. When you are up in a series 2-1 and have 2 of the next 3 at home, you are supposed to win. bottom line.

I will say, I dont think I am taking it as badly because I didnt renew season tickets this year, and didnt spend a fortune on games and driving 90 minutes for playoff games. I also thought they would be out in round 1.

I eventually have to step back a little with my Bruins obsession. Its not healthy.
Its the only Boston team I follow, but maybe next year I'll try watching 1 game a week, and try actually not planning my activities around the Bruins.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
it was definitely a series that could have gone either way.

losing in 2011 would have been hard because of how much Boston DOMINATED the Canucks in Boston.. and just barely lost out in games in Vancouver leading up to game 7. Boston was just flat out the better team there. Losing that series and the Cup would have been agonizing.

In this case.. Chicago could have swept. Boston could have swept. Boston could have been in the position to take the Cup at home.. I mean, in a way that's also agonizing because a bounce here or there and the Bruins get their 2nd Cup in 3 years but really that just goes to show how even these teams were. In the end the bounces are what decided it.

And I don't mean to take anything away from Chicago by saying that. As was said already, they could have easily folded under the pressure the Bruins were putting on them especially after Lucic scored late in the 3rd.

Really weird feeling. I feel like I should have been absolutely depressed all ****ing day and while I was disappointed and switched off the radio at the mention of the outcome.. I wasn't wallowing in "what could have been".. But again, winning the Cup in 2011 sure helps with that I'm sure. I don't know if that's losers mentality or whatever. Just how I feel

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
The Bruins did pretty darn good, considering most of us didn't even expect them to make the Finals. In the end there were a lot of mental breakdowns at the wrong moments that cost us the series. Especially the final 90 seconds of game six where we had it won if we just tighten up the screws on defense considering we had the lead in a tight/close game.

It just wasn't meant to be that year, but this team came darn close. We don't need to blow it up but we could definitely use some upgrades. At least we know we have a playoff caliber GK. We need some incremental upgrades at forward and defense.

Offseason is gonna be interesting. What do we do with Horton. Do we move Peverly and Campbell. How much of a raise do Rask and Bergeron get. Etc.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
They played through extreme pain. They wanted this for each other and for the city. They lost their concentration for a few moments and a worthy opponent with lightning-strike capabilities took advantage. The manner of the loss hurts, but if anything my love and respect for this team deepened through this playoff run.

OK, for the sentimental fools out there: on Friday night I saw Fleetwood Mac at the Comcast Center. They closed with a beautiful song that seems appropriate for the mood, as we bid farewell to the season with sadness and gratitude, and wonder which players will return next season:

Let's go Bruins!!!

Lindsey Buckingham has an interesting style for playing guitar. I always liked him.

My love and respect for the B's grows too.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Guess I'll rejoin my real life. I think my wife and kids are wondering about my sanity lately and I've fallen way behind on deadlines...

But it just feels empty and unfinished. I just never thought the Bruins would lose last night. - I swear, even after the Hawks got those two ridiculous goals I thought the Bruins would tie it up with the goalie pulled with 30 seconds left or something, win it in O.T. and force game 7. Just feels wrong that they lost last night.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
craizer thing is it could have been a sweep for them to (well I guess other then the 2-0 game)

these two teams were so even it was crazy.

Don't know why it's so hard to give a good team like the Hawks credit.

Funny part is it's the same people who ***** about the TV crew not giving the Bruins any props that can't give the Hawks any for being the better team.

Bruins did better then 28 other teams but ya we should blow it up....um no thanks
You are the winner :handclap: Thank you for your positive attitude here :handclap:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Said it on FB and I will say it here.

This loss stings MORE than both of the Patriots losses in the Super Bowls. I wanted them to win it for Jagr, themselves, the city and for Martin.

Can't shake this feeling

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'll feel more reassured if we learn that he was injured this series. His offensive numbers were on the decline this year, even accounting for the short season. He's becoming a bit less mobile. It's true, he is a unique physical specimen. Just starting to wonder whether we stick with him another four long seasons...

Well Z was drinking coke again on the bench last night . They poured it into a cup so no one would notice . Maybe Z had a tummy ache ?

PcLoadLetter

Mar 1, 2013
Somerville, MA
It was a heck of a season and playoff run to watch in a season when we didn't even know if there would be hockey.

It sucks to lose the way they did, but at least it wasn't in game 7, if they dropped a 1 goal lead for the cup in the last 2 minutes I would have probably had a stroke.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Acceptance.

I don't like it but I have it today.

We were so damn close but it is what it is.

Chia has some work to do now. This team needs some young legs and the first month or two is going to be rough.

member 96824

If I woke up, saw a 3 2 box score and Chi, who was the better AND healthier team, won last night and took home the cup...it would have been okay, slightly expected and a "I'm proud of them."

But unfortunately I know how it actually got there:(

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Life does go on but it does not help knowing that we blew leads in the 3rd in games 1-6. We reverted back to our old ways. I hope they will be changes we need another scorer in a bad way.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I'm glad all the good offseason stuff is coming so soon. I think it's going to help me and others shake the loss and get invested into the future of this team even more. I'm excited to see how Chia is going to go about this; what young guys are going to be here full time, what we do with Horton and Ference, and if we bring in anybody else with Horton's money if Horton wants too much.

Still absolutely stung, though. Today was a somber day.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I'm trying to hang back from most boards and just sticking with the jays threads for now. I just can't stand the trolling and living in leafs land doesn't help

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad