Post-Game Talk: Heads high boys and girls

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
If you'd told me at any point in the regular season that the B's would make it to game 6 of the final I'd have called you an idiot.

Everything after Toronto was gravy. Sweeping the Pens was amazing. The final was ridiculously entertaining hockey between two great teams.

I'll take it 11 times out of 10

nonoffensiveusername

May 23, 2009
So much positive to take from this playoff run. In 2011, we won the cup. Back in the cup finals in 2013. That's a great sign. We saw Lucic put the team on his back in Game 7 against Toronto. He largely continued that pace throughout the rest of the playoffs. David Krecji was the best forward in the NHL. Nathan Horton was dangerous until he tailed off, probably due to his injuries. Bergeron was a great warrior, no surprise. Campbell showed why he is such an important part of the team, and played a shift that will live on, not only in the memory of Bruins fans, but in the entire NHL. Paille stepped up in a huge way. Seguin showed that his two way game is physicality is improving. The offense should come in the next season or two. Krug emerged as a serious prospect, embarrassing probably the best goalie in the game right now. And Tuukka made the huge statement that he had to make. He was great.

The primary concern toward the end was Chara. He was the only player that you could really call truly "bad" in the final series (Seidenberg likely joining him). I have no doubt injuries were the main reason for his massive drop in play. But the nagging doubt is this: Is this a sign of a coming decline? If it is, I can see it becoming necessary to drop his minutes.

I think that the experience of winning the cup, and then LOSING the cup in their own building two years later, will be extremely important in the maturation of this core, especially for Marchand and Seguin. Next year we probably see a similar result as 2012 due to a lot of extra hockey being played. But 2014, assuming the core is kept intact, should be a monster year for this team.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I'm thinking of it this way. If, at the start of the playoffs, the hockey gods had come to you and said, "You will not win the Stanley Cup this year, but in these playoffs, you'll get to beat either Pittsburgh or Chicago (never mind that Chicago is in the other conference, we're the Hockey Gods, we can do what we want - we even got Chris Rooney a job as a ref!)... anyway, your choice - which one would you like to vanquish?" I would have chosen Pittsburgh.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
It could have been a lot worse. I have a lot of respect for this Chicago team, and the fact that we beat Pitt in such a glorious fashion makes this an awesome run in my book, and one I'll remember for a long time.

And it's not like this was supposed to be our year, either. We kind of came out of no where. Despite figuring to be serious contenders, we had an average regular season, and sub-par first round. It wasn't until the end of game 7 that team showed up to play, then road that momentum to the finals where we lost to a more than worthy adversary.

If anything, they'll be better next year. The young talent gained a year of experience, a lot of which came in big game situations, and the team has a new hunger for the Cup now having been on the losing end of the series.

Chia's gonna reload like we all know he's capable of, and the B's will be kicking *** and taking names again soon enough.

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
I had my tv off, the second the game was over.

Yup, I'm a sore loser. Still sick from that ending last night. I just don't know how people can be looking at silver linings already. People, it's quite alright to be pissed off. It's only been 24 hours since the season ended. Take some damn time to grieve before trying to find a damn silver lining. The only thing thing that comes from making the finals and not winning is that you're the first loser.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore

Yup, I'm a sore loser. Still sick from that ending last night. I just don't know how people can be looking at silver linings already. People, it's quite alright to be pissed off. It's only been 24 hours since the season ended. Take some damn time to grieve before trying to find a damn silver lining. The only thing thing that comes from making the finals and not winning is that you're the first loser.

Not going to lie, I left the room as soon as I saw the puck go into the net off of Bolland's stick and I didn't come back.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Mine went off the MOMENT the clock hit 0:00. I have not seen any celebrations or pictures. When they were playing interviews on the radio today (Vancouver fans are celebrating like they won the Cup....after their ARCH rival won it) I turned it off. No highlights, no nothing. I am going to try my whole life to see nothing of what happened after the clock hit 0:00 last night.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

Thanks, because I'm still pissed off, and I will be for awhile.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
He was so ineffective I figured something must be up

Really was complete nonfactor in series and didn't even play pest role which seemed odd

i really dont think he was hurt.
i honestly dont think he liked playing with jagr as a linemate.

whatever it was, he was a complete no-show in the finals. when he did get chances, he missed the net by a mile.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
No longer pissed. Have now entered a state of ambivalence....probably more like disassociating so that way I don't have to actually think about it.

The best way to do that will quite obviously be avoid any conversation that has people seriously trading away Tuukka Rask or Zdeno Chara. Some people truly kinda lose their minds in the off-season.

Go Sox. Middlebrooks, you suck.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Alright, I am over it.

had we not won 2 years ago, they likely would be planning my funeral.

I am ready for next season. When is Dev camp?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
They didn't beat us. We beat ourselves.

That's all I hear in my head when NESN or CSNNE show clips of the game.

gahhh.

bring on Spooner, Koko, and Knight. I'm ready for the youth line.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Alright, I am over it.

had we not won 2 years ago, they likely would be planning my funeral.

I am ready for next season. When is Dev camp?

2 weeks. See you there?

I'm still royally pissed bout how they lost that game and I'll spare everyone here. Put it this way, it isn't popular.

That said, this run was special and in time, I will be able to express why.

There are glaring holes to address but we are in great shape going forward.

Save this post because I predict that this will serve as motivation a la 2010 Philly. That Cup is ours next year.

BruinsFan64

Sep 17, 2009
Look at it this way.... At least that did not happen in a Game 7.

That would have been worse to deal with......

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Mine went off the MOMENT the clock hit 0:00. I have not seen any celebrations or pictures. When they were playing interviews on the radio today (Vancouver fans are celebrating like they won the Cup....after their ARCH rival won it) I turned it off. No highlights, no nothing. I am going to try my whole life to see nothing of what happened after the clock hit 0:00 last night.

That was me after you guys beat the Leafs. Couldn't take hearing about the historic come back every 10s and during every playoff game after that.

You guys played great I wanted you guys to win, if only to say we lost to the cup champs. Besides Seguin I was really impressed with your forwards. You guys will bounce back and be a cup contender again next year.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I've calmed down. While they went above my expectations, I thought they could have won that series but they ultimately gave Chicago opportunities and the Hawks took advantage. I'm grateful, though. This doesn't happen all the time and I'm glad I was able to witness it.
I’m grateful that they were in the position that they were in and they had magic this post season – coming back from 3 goal deficit in game 7 in the first round of the playoffs, sweeping the jewel of the league in the Pittsburgh Penguins in the conference finals… a tremendous ride. Lots of entertainment, many good memories.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad