GDT: Heading North for the Winter to Start a Winning Streak? Ducks vs. Wild, 5:00PM

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
If we make playoffs I’ll be pissed. This is our best chance to find an heir to Getz we are so close let’s not blow on a non contending team
It's very doubtful but if we do make it, don't be in a gameday thread cheering. We don't want you.

Reactions: Masch78

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
If we make playoffs I’ll be pissed. This is our best chance to find an heir to Getz we are so close let’s not blow on a non contending team

Who says there isn't a chance of finding a heir with the picks we have?

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think I’m a lot more okay with it if they make the playoffs.

What I don’t want to see is us miss by a point. That is truly worst case scenario
Yup i want 8th seed playoffs vs the Flames in the 1st round or a top 3 draft pick.
Its like a 'Go big or go home' type thing.

Missing the playoffs by a few points is something teams like the Hurricanes, Panthers & Wild have done alot over the course of their franchise history, i don't want the Ducks to be like them.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
I think I’m a lot more okay with it if they make the playoffs.

What I don’t want to see is us miss by a point. That is truly worst case scenario

I’ll live with it because it means the team we have was good enough to maintain solid play the rest of the way. Sure, I would love a top-3 pick. But I would also love a solid final six weeks from our D and some production from our large collection of forwards we are stuck with

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Well, I had convinced myself that no playoffs were a good thing... actually be interested in the draft lottery and I could save money on playoff tickets and put it toward student loans or finish paying off credit cards... but guess the Ducks have other plans for my time and money.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i'm torn

obviously you want your team to make the playoffs but like i've said before, this team needs a future 1C far more than it does an early playoff exit. and this 2019 draft class could be our best shot to find one for a while

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Best of both worlds:

All the extension talk is a smokescreen and we trade Silf to a fringe contender for their first. They fall out of the playoffs and we squeeze in. Their pick is that is now ours wins the draft lottery.

Gibson gets crazy hot and we win the cup *and* draft no. 1 overall. Silf returns on a team friendly deal as a free agent.

I get in an accident that breaks my legs but they heal freaky a la Rookie of the Year and suddenly I can skate like McDavid. Scouts are at the rink to see their kid play house league but get a glimpse of me dominating beer league. I get a contract, win the Hart, date an ice girl and we win several more Cups.

Sorry, that one got away from me a little...

Reactions: snowave

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
i'm torn

obviously you want your team to make the playoffs but like i've said before, this team needs a future 1C far more than it does an early playoff exit. and this 2019 draft class could be our best shot to find one for a while
For years I've envisioned this team becomes more like the Stastny/Backes-era Blues if we can't find that legit 1C - solid backend and goaltending, but just not enough game breaking talent up top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad