Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
I don't see hitch as an upgrade against what tmac was. To me he seems like someone who has a year or two left. I like him as a person but not sure he can improve the team. I think as much as i slagged on woodcroft in the past should get an interview. It seems he didn't have as much control as i thought he would.

Realistically we wait on the gm and then figure the direction of this team.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
I wonder if he would take an Assistant job to work with Nelson again?
Man that'd awesome. I think a younger coach with the right mindset like nelly is exactly the salve for this pain. At least for the tenacity part of the game we've been missing. Enough recent minors experience to relate to younger guys , previous nhl experience with a couple clubs already. Like sather, not to far removed . Different circumstances but kinda the same idea. Every coach has a time, its about being the right generation to guide the next generation. I'm glad more people are mentioning his name. Just praying that mact is the sacrifice the obc offer up to satiate the masses. It betters the odds immensely I think. Throw in a gm that's semi competent. Well do ok

A guy can dream. Till the front office oilers it up and the sad reality takes hold at least .

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Do you? And did you think he was a glorious candidate last year at this time when 99% of the people on this forum wanted him shot into the sun?

Our fan base is famous for jut killing coaches and moreso players and then a year or so later putting it on management.

I think there’s better options out there to be honest, but I also think he should atleast be given an interview given the success he’s had this past year in the AHL. I think he’s done a great job this season.

Numz

Oct 7, 2013
OK, I have to admit a guilty pleasure of mine. With how brutal things have been with the Oilers, I fantasized about having John Tortorella as a coach, purely for the entertainment he would bring with his post game interview antics. Now that Torts and the Jackets have swept the almighty Tampa, maybe I shouldn't have felt so guilty.

Thoughts? Would you guys want Torts if he became available?

Reactions: KYams17

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Scott Sandelin is probably on the radar of a lot of GMs after the past several seasons for his Minnesota-Duluth team.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I was a fan of Todd Nelson. The He had the same problem as Ralph Kruger. Both had the team playing good (as good as can be expected) . That gets ya fired in Edmonton

You have to be as anti player as Lowe and the rest of the OBC to not get shit canned here. Hence why they loved Eakins so damn much.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
We should scoop up Jason Smith before Calgary does
Dont care in what role or if it’s the A or with the oilers

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
OK, I have to admit a guilty pleasure of mine. With how brutal things have been with the Oilers, I fantasized about having John Tortorella as a coach, purely for the entertainment he would bring with his post game interview antics. Now that Torts and the Jackets have swept the almighty Tampa, maybe I shouldn't have felt so guilty.

Thoughts? Would you guys want Torts if he became available?

Pretty moot conversation as Torts beating the Lightning ensures that he in fact won't become available.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

oil fan for life

Apr 20, 2019
i will support whoever our coach is no matter what. i believe that our fellas will bring to the fans happiness because of their work ethic regardless of who is at the helm of this team

COME ON OIL! MAKE US PROUD!

Reactions: bobbythebrain

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Coaches are under appreciated/misinterpreted by fans..and the barometer of coaches is hugely flawed by fans

Go to any sight of a losing team and you will see Laviolette, Maurice, Cooper, etc, etc chants to be fired

The armchair coaches are relentless. Just ask Todd M

Coach Q got fired. Berube is suddenly a genius. As is Peters

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Coaches are under appreciated/misinterpreted by fans..and the barometer of coaches is hugely flawed by fans

Go to any sight of a losing team and you will see Laviolette, Maurice, Cooper, etc, etc chants to be fired

The armchair coaches are relentless. Just ask Todd M

Coach Q got fired. Berube is suddenly a genius. As is Peters

It's not the fans that fire the coach. GMs are just as guilty when it comes to overreacting on a team's production and often use the coach as a scapegoat.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
It's not the fans that fire the coach. GMs are just as guilty when it comes to overreacting on a team's production and often use the coach as a scapegoat.

True. They are the first to get axed.

Buy there's an overwhelming opinion due to social media now adays. Like I said...find me a losing team and not overwhelming majority who blames the coach

Just look at TM. He single handily sunk the Oilers this year and purposely ruined Jesse Puljujarvi

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
I am hoping Maurice and or Laviolette shake loose. NSH and WPG fans complain they can't them over the hump but I would take being on the climb versus being stuck at the bottom of the mountain for 13 years and counting. Got to start somewhere.

Lavy to me is the best choice. Lots of structure his teams play well defensively.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I am hoping Maurice and or Laviolette shake loose. NSH and WPG fans complain they can't them over the hump but I would take being on the climb versus being stuck at the bottom of the mountain for 13 years and counting. Got to start somewhere.

Lavy to me is the best choice. Lots of structure his teams play well defensively.

Maurice would be ideal

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Laviolette would be my choice as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad