Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
We do not have a head coach right now, it's been reported panthers and sabres have fired there head coach as well as King's informing dejardins he will not be back . You include the Oilers that leaves 4 vacancies with I'm sure a few that have intermims that are not mentioned that are looking for new coach as well.

Is are GM search delay going to effect us missing out on a head coach and having to "settle" again with what's left?

Man this organization is an absolute disgrace at the top

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We aren't the only team in the situation. Also with so many teams needing a head coach, they can be a bit more picky and choosy so I can see guys not signing so quick.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
We do not have a head coach right now, it's been reported panthers and sabres have fired there head coach as well as King's informing dejardins he will not be back . You include the Oilers that leaves 4 vacancies with I'm sure a few that have intermims that are not mentioned that are looking for new coach as well.

Is are GM search delay going to effect us missing out on a head coach and having to "settle" again with what's left?

Man this organization is an absolute disgrace at the top
I don't think there is any limit to good coaches out there. Just need to find the right person.

Soul8

Jan 20, 2018
Need a POHO and GM first. Doubt we see a HC till they are hired.
Ya, that is unfortunate, likely the best coaches will be snapped up prior to that happening. Not sure what the best case scenario is, bring back Hitch for a year? Or sign one of the less attractive coaching options to a multi year contract once the gm is hired? Tough tough.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
GM is more critical than a coach right now. wont be hard to upgrade on PC. need a guy that understands current league and where its trending; and not so willing to lose trades.

still makes me wonder if they had just stuck with Tambo/Kruger. say what u want about Tambo, he didnt make lopsided trades.

Taylor Halls Teeth

Jul 11, 2018
Edmonton
If the Leafs get blown out in round one and fire Mike Babcock would you do it? Has he been exposed as overrated or are they playing crappy because of lineup issues? I am in for the Cock upgrade!

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Taylor Halls Teeth

Jul 11, 2018
Edmonton
He's more or less McLellan. Had a stacked team. Failed when they started to suck.

But they still suck after they replaced him. Bad goaltending and a superstar defense that got old. Trotz got fired from Nashville too and the team took off the next year, but he is the one with a Cup ring. I like Q a lot but I don't think he would consider Edmonton. There will be more successful and stable teams looking to add a coach and he has the resume to have options. I just want the new GM in and getting started. I honestly don't care who coaches them next season. They will be a lot better but 20-21 will be the real turnaround year.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
You can't have it both ways. Either the Oilers conduct a thorough GM search, which includes candidates that are currently occupied by the playoffs, or you rush to beat everyone else.
They need to get the GM pick right before anything else, even if that means not getting the best coach available. I’m not sure it does but nothing is more important than finding the right GM. Screw that up and it doesn’t matter who the coach is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad