Speculation: Head Coach Hunt 2021 (Press Conference Thursday 7/1 @ 11am))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
It’s a good point about Housley and Chychrun. Plus, Housley has ton of NHL experience. Tourigny and Groulx (gosh I hope this happens) don’t. If the Coyotes don’t want to pay him not to coach, then maybe he sticks.

Housley was a revered assistant in Nashville. I don't know what happened in Arizona.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Pardon me asking, but what does that mean.

Does that mean he will want to move? Or that he wants to give everything next season?

Also why don't we get Nelson as an Assistant-Coach? Might be a good fit.

I should’ve written that better. I would think that Kessel would like to move on from the Coyotes if Tourigny is hired. I get the sense Kessel doesn’t like it when the waters ripple too much.

Would be a lateral move for Nelson, so slim to no chance that happens.

It’s a good point about Housley and Chychrun. Plus, Housley has ton of NHL experience. Tourigny and Groulx (gosh I hope this happens) don’t. If the Coyotes don’t want to pay him not to coach, then maybe he sticks.

May be worth letting Housley stay but bringing in Groulx, assigning their roles accordingly.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Talk is cheap. BS baffles brains. Winning is all that matters. No more excuses.

What will make everyone happy for next year? 500? Making playoffs?

Hopefully, BA 5 year plan is to win a cup in 5 years. Year 2 what do you see as success?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I won't know until I see BA's roster for '21-'22. Are we going to build a team that shelters the young core as they develop, or is BA going to strip this down to the bolts and rebuild the team with a stronger, tougher, harder-working culture? Can't know for sure what to expect until we see that.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
That's what we thought about RT.
That was fanboy Chayka making the decisions. Plus, it's not an exact science. Anybody that hires people makes bad decisions. Of course right now, I can't even get an application for several open positions so I haven't made any decisions lately.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I won't know until I see BA's roster for '21-'22. Are we going to build a team that shelters the young core as they develop, or is BA going to strip this down to the bolts and rebuild the team with a stronger, tougher, harder-working culture? Can't know for sure what to expect until we see that.
I don't care what BA does or doesn't do, we have to be in the fight for a playoff berth. All I care about is winning and getting into the playoffs. BA said himself he expects to be fighting for a playoff berth.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That was fanboy Chayka making the decisions. Plus, it's not an exact science. Anybody that hires people makes bad decisions. Of course right now, I can't even get an application for several open positions so I haven't made any decisions lately.
It was RT when it came to coaching. We all make mistakes, but the ones that don't repeat those mistakes are the one's that are successful. So far, the Coyotes have not learned this lesson.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I don't care what BA does or doesn't do, we have to be in the fight for a playoff berth. All I care about is winning and getting into the playoffs. BA said himself he expects to be fighting for a playoff berth.

I think your statement is a bit contradictory, then - if all you care about is winning and getting into the playoffs, then you are likely extremely invested in what BA does or doesn't do, because depending on which direction he goes, the playoffs are either a possibility or an impossibility.

BadgerBruce

Aug 8, 2013
I come in complete peace — I mostly post in the History of Hockey and Junior Hockey sections of this board, so no skin in this game.

If Tourigny is the guy, you’ll be getting a REALLY good one. Commanding presence. Extremely detail oriented and the best way to describe how players view him is to say “with immense respect he earned.” In my humble opinion, he’s the best head coach in Canadian junior hockey and the most NHL-ready. I can’t speak highly enough about him. If your club’s management gives him a fair chance, he will succeed.

Just my 02 cents from afar. Good luck, Coyotes fans.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think your statement is a bit contradictory, then - if all you care about is winning and getting into the playoffs, then you are likely extremely invested in what BA does or doesn't do, because depending on which direction he goes, the playoffs are either a possibility or an impossibility.
Talk is cheap. I want results and that is all I care about and I couldn't give two shits how we get there.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I come in complete peace — I mostly post in the History of Hockey and Junior Hockey sections of this board, so no skin in this game.

If Tourigny is the guy, you’ll be getting a REALLY good one. Commanding presence. Extremely detail oriented and the best way to describe how players view him is to say “with immense respect he earned.” In my humble opinion, he’s the best head coach in Canadian junior hockey and the most NHL-ready. I can’t speak highly enough about him. If your club’s management gives him a fair chance, he will succeed.

I hope you are right because if there is any franchise that can't have a miss on a coaching hire it's the Coyotes. Coaching kids is one thing but coaching grown men in the NHL is extremely different.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it

thanks for your insight, let’s hope you’re right if it happens!

Reactions: BadgerBruce

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Hopefully, BA 5 year plan is to win a cup in 5 years. Year 2 what do you see as success?
Depends on the direction. If the team moves OEL, Kessel, and Kuemper but signs a few key UFAs, then my goal is the same as always : 42 wins. If they sell off way more than that and rebuild, it will be individual development that I focus on.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

If it's a 5-year plan then you need to focus on finding assets that can help you in 3-5 years, and that means prospects and picks. A high-performing veteran UFA is not what you want, but you may sign some because 1. there is a cap minimum, 2. the fans still want to see a decent product on the ice, and 3. the owner doesn't want to lose money.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

Thank you for sharing that.

Reactions: BadgerBruce

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
It was RT when it came to coaching. We all make mistakes, but the ones that don't repeat those mistakes are the one's that are successful. So far, the Coyotes have not learned this lesson.
Well we've been a complete f***ing disaster for a long time. All we have is hope right?

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
It’s a bitch right now for certain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad