Speculation: Head Coach Hunt 2021 (Press Conference Thursday 7/1 @ 11am))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Hope and a prayer.
Pretty much, tourney talks a good game and has some accolades, if he didn't he shouldn't even be considered. It's like you've been saying there is nothing proven about him (and most of these candidates) at this level. Like you've also been saying, time will tell. That is if this even happens.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Those are some pretty "can't walk back" quotes in the Ottawa paper. So this is happening.

As for Groulx (if that's happening) I am a little surprised he would accept becoming an AC. I'm sure he's had offers in the past. The bond with Tourigny must be really tight. Especially if he interviewed for the HC job himself.
Lightning fan here. I definitely agree with you that Tourigny is key here. Groulx has said he wants to be in the NHL. He says he's interviewed for other nhl assistant coaching positions in the past, but something important to him is making sure it's a good fit. If he has a solid relationship with Tourigny, then I could see him taking that role. We really like the way he's coached our AHL team and a lot of the players that have made it up have credited him for helping them reach the NHL. He's a straight shooter kinda guy. No BS. He'll let guys know where they stand and what's expected of them.

With Tourigny, we know him a little as well because he coached Nikita Kucherov in the QMJHL for Rouyn-Noranda. Kucherov spoke highly of him for investing a lot time in helping develop and transform him as a player.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Lightning fan here. I definitely agree with you that Tourigny is key here. Groulx has said he wants to be in the NHL. He says he's interviewed for other nhl assistant coaching positions in the past, but something important to him is making sure it's a good fit. If he has a solid relationship with Tourigny, then I could see him taking that role. We really like the way he's coached our AHL team and a lot of the players that have made it up have credited him for helping them reach the NHL. He's a straight shooter kinda guy. No BS. He'll let guys know where they stand and what's expected of them.

With Tourigny, we know him a little as well because he coached Nikita Kucherov in the QMJHL for Rouyn-Noranda. Kucherov spoke highly of him for investing a lot time in helping develop and transform him as a player.
We hear this all the time from players.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
That's what we thought about RT.

RT wanted to learn about everyone and be one-on-one with them. More of a friend than a coach. It's like the parent that wants to be less of a parent to their kid, and more of a buddy.

Once that happens, discipline goes out the window, and the message becomes mixed.

In theory, one could learn a lot from RT, which was probably the intent with a large number of under 25s to grow with. But, you can't do that and expect more consistent growth, because you are managing to what each of 20 different athletes wants, and not managing to what a team needs.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it

thanks for your input, it’s encouraging!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad