HCanes "Bunch of Jerks" T-Shirts

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
We've seen this type of grumble-inducing, who-cares-what-anyone-else-thinks innovation before when 20 years ago Carolina introduced cheerleaders to the NHL. Now, lots of teams have them.

You're welcome.

I believe hockey will somehow also survive this latest crisis that has caused such consternation amongst the self-anointed, super-serious purists

Last edited:

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
I think sandy is onto something. While most of you all just see this as a fun little 20 second celebration in the PNC Arena for the home fans after a home win, this is in reality, clearly a declaration to the NHL that we are here to crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

I now fully understand why this is bad for the league............

Last night I dreamed the entire League collapsed into a smoldering ruin after which the remorseless Canes skated through the rubble and across the throats of the wounded where they lay helpless.

The Roman Empire probably fell due to the "harmless" post-battle antics of a few legionnaires as well. Alas, Don Cherry wasn't there to voice his displeasure and warn them. If he had been, we'd all be speaking Latin right now and could read what's written on fancy diplomas.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not a fan of the post-game stuff, but I'm also not an opponent of it like a vocal contingent of this board or a couple dinosaurs in the media (like the inspiration for this shirt). Some of them are really corny, but others aren't so bad. I'm just whatever on them.

I do really like these shirts though. They were an excellent idea after the Cherry tirade and they look pretty cool.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Wow! 1,700? That'll show em.

Cherry amused by Canes' 'Bunch of Jerks' shirts, still against celebrations | CBC Sports

"I don't mind it, if they want to have fun with it," said Cherry with a laugh. "I'm sure some of the players are embarrassed but when the owner [Thomas Dundon] says 'be more entertaining,' I guess that's what they call entertaining."

Sounds like someone who does know anything about what is going on in the room and is just spewing bullshit.

‘I’m sure some of the players are embarrassed...?’

Yeah? How would you know that? I’m sure people who work on Cherry’s HNIC segment are embarrassed as well. We both have as much insider info on that.

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
These old farts are so dense. All the bitching about it just feeds it. It's just like how the NHL's response to the John Scott all star issue caused the whole thing to blow up. Ignore it, and the whole thing likely fizzles out over time. Throw a fit and the movement just gets stronger.

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Fans are having fun, and the t shirts are great. Just don't try this at home Winnipeg Jets, fans may give you one of these...
VillainousThirdIndochinesetiger-small.gif

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Cherry with the senior citizen DGAF Troll.

Selling 5k T-Shirts with his saying on them thinking you're getting back at him. He's sold millions of hockey videos. :laugh:
Good job cashing in, getting some publicity, etc. tho no doubt. lol @ the supposed feud tho. Cherry DGAF and just speaking his mind as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Cherry with the senior citizen DGAF Troll.

Selling 5k T-Shirts with his saying on them thinking you're getting back at him. He's sold millions of hockey videos. :laugh:
Good job cashing in, getting some publicity, etc. tho no doubt. lol @ the supposed feud tho. Cherry DGAF and just speaking his mind as usual.

Who said they’re feuding with Cherry? You really think a bunch of guys who play duck duck goose take themselves that seriously?

The team is having a laugh, getting publicity and making some extra money thanks to what Cherry said. Nothing more.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
The guys are just having fun with it. I'm sure they don't take it too seriously. The cringiest thing about the Surge is Tripp Tracey's commentary.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00