HC Slovan Bratislava

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Hello again. Yes, it seems, that Slovan will be back in KHL. They should have some unknown Czech investor, who should pay all debts to city, to players, to everyone.

I should be happy for that, but after last years, im not. I dont see here any stability.

Nice to have you around for another season, here's to a better one, hopefully!

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I don't think they would, with a fanbase like that playing in Slovak Extraliga would easily be profitable and in turn, would attract investors.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So basically the goose is cooked.

And another one bites the dust. So, who's next? Minsk, Riga, Jokerit? Rumblings about all of those.

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
Money talk. If you have money, you can buy Slovan and have a nice playground.

When that playground has expenses 5-10 times the amount of revenue it brings in, it’s a burden, not a nice playground. Better to have a playground that doesn’t need to be bankrolled each year than one that does.

Reactions: Jussi

TommySalo

Dec 27, 2009
Looks like the same old story in these boards, some people are happy that a solid team is on the brink of leaving the KHL, but at the end the team will not be leaving and the same people will be left redfaced.
Examples - Jokerit is leaving the league every year, according to Juicy and Minsk will also leave. Riga left the league at least 3 times...
We will see what is going to happen, but one thing is for sure - KHL is the best European league and that will not change in the near future.
For Hansom, Donaldson and juicy today is a happy day, but remember that happines does not last very long, especially if you are driven mainly by hatred.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
vorky died for this.
It is a process, whose details we do not know. Just an ordinary case.

Of course, Slovak media & KHL haters have their happy hour/day today. I am just curious if they apologize to Slovan and the KHL at the end of a day. Why?

-they spread their lie that there is no investor for Slovan. It is not true, the investor signed an agreement with Slovan. Earlier reports claimed the investor will become a majority owner.

The problem is Slovan´s debt. We do not know any details, but they are working on a solution here.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
The problem is Slovan´s debt. We do not know any details, but they are working on a solution here.

We know pretty much everything. :huh: As you might have noticed, KHL made an official statement explaining all the details. The accumulated club debts make the team unattractive to any sensible sponsors. The problems are serious enough that the league deems neccessary to plan life without Slovan. What possible extra info could we dream to obtain lol?

Reactions: KTl

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Looks like the same old story in these boards, some people are happy that a solid team is on the brink of leaving the KHL, but at the end the team will not be leaving and the same people will be left redfaced.
Examples - Jokerit is leaving the league every year, according to Juicy and Minsk will also leave. Riga left the league at least 3 times...
We will see what is going to happen, but one thing is for sure - KHL is the best European league and that will not change in the near future.
For Hansom, Donaldson and juicy today is a happy day, but remember that happines does not last very long, especially if you are driven mainly by hatred.

And you will never see the problems the KHL has as long as you turn a blind eye to them and blame just a bunch of posters on a forum. I've written it many times already, I won't repeat again. Anyone who claims I hate KHL has absolutely no idea. Stating the facts and working with them has nothing to do with hate. I still yearn those days with the teams like Donbass and Lev. I'd be more than happy to see KHL successful and expanding. Saying this won't happen based on what we see now is "being driven by hatred" to you? With this attitude, what's the point of even discussing?

You guys need to stop acting like the guardians of KHL. Every single user is here for a reason: we are all interested in this league one way or another. I wouldn't waste my time writing over 1000 messages for something I hate. Right on the contrary, for many personal reasons, I adore KHL. I'm just OK with the fact that it will probably never achieve what it was supposed to.

Nobody said KHL is not a good league, either. You just make up reasons to defend yourself or the KHL.

I honestly don't even understand what makes you think I am happy just because Slovan left. The only team I'd be happy to see leave is Kunlun. It literally goes like that,

Some users: Given the circumstances, it will be really difficult for KHL to expand. We believe it is highly unlikely, because the expenses are too high compared to the income. Nobody wants to make such a dead investment.

Some other users: You hate KHL.

Why the f*** would I hate a f***ing hockey league? Are we supposed to sacrifice a goat or something to make you believe that we love and care about KHL? What kind of a weird argument is that?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
We know pretty much everything. :huh: As you might have noticed, KHL made an official statement explaining all the details. The accumulated club debts make the team unattractive to any sensible sponsors. The problems are serious enough that the league deems neccessary to plan life without Slovan. What possible extra info could we dream to obtain lol?
Guessing you do not know all the details of the situation. And no, the KHL has not said all the story in that statement.

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
how high is the debt? 5 millions or so ? (that was the amount each season a new sponsor had to cover ;-)
if that high, leaving the KHL would result in bankruptcy as only possibility, it wont never happen to pay off that high amount.
if joining to slovak extraliga, how high would be budget? 3 or 4 millions? or only 2 ??

in KHL spectator revenue only was maybe 4-5 mio...(not this season due to bad performance and less spectators)
in extraliga they would play in a small old arena in bratislava with maybe 3000-4000 spectators, paying maybe 7 or 8 € per ticket. it would be only reveue of 1 mio.
plus then the sponsors...
that never would raise enough money to pay off 5 millions..
it will be same what happend with zagreb i am very afraid..
it is a circle you cannot win..

i hope that now is just a fighting of new investor. maybe he wants 100 % of slovan and is pokering with sirokys- who knows..
it would be the best to have totally new owner after all what happened..

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
how high is the debt? 5 millions or so ? (that was the amount each season a new sponsor had to cover ;-)
if that high, leaving the KHL would result in bankruptcy as only possibility, it wont never happen to pay off that high amount.
if joining to slovak extraliga, how high would be budget? 3 or 4 millions? or only 2 ??

in KHL spectator revenue only was maybe 4-5 mio...(not this season due to bad performance and less spectators)
in extraliga they would play in a small old arena in bratislava with maybe 3000-4000 spectators, paying maybe 7 or 8 € per ticket. it would be only reveue of 1 mio.
plus then the sponsors...
that never would raise enough money to pay off 5 millions..
it will be same what happend with zagreb i am very afraid..
it is a circle you cannot win..

i hope that now is just a fighting of new investor. maybe he wants 100 % of slovan and is pokering with sirokys- who knows..
it would be the best to have totally new owner after all what happened..
As I said, we do not know all the details.

What is the key problem with that debt?

Of course, players´ salaries and renting of the arena.

And the arena is a bigger problem because Slovan pays around 1m per season for renting it. They would never be able to pay such rent if playing SVK league.

What did Siroky say after meeting with Bratislava´s mayor? That the investor will pay back the arena´s debts, but they need to make a new agreement with the arena about the future relationship. Bratislava is the owner of the arena.

Of course, Slovan is not satisfied with the prize for the arena´s renting. And they need a new agreement. And the city of Bratislava needs money.

Everyone knows it.

And of course, we silently heard such news - Petr Kellner wants to buy Slovan with the arena.

That would solve all the problems.

PS: Just one scenario of that case. They may be more of them.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
And you will never see the problems the KHL has as long as you turn a blind eye to them and blame just a bunch of posters on a forum. I've written it many times already, I won't repeat again. Anyone who claims I hate KHL has absolutely no idea. Stating the facts and working with them has nothing to do with hate. I still yearn those days with the teams like Donbass and Lev. I'd be more than happy to see KHL successful and expanding. Saying this won't happen based on what we see now is "being driven by hatred" to you? With this attitude, what's the point of even discussing?

You guys need to stop acting like the guardians of KHL. Every single user is here for a reason: we are all interested in this league one way or another. I wouldn't waste my time writing over 1000 messages for something I hate. Right on the contrary, for many personal reasons, I adore KHL. I'm just OK with the fact that it will probably never achieve what it was supposed to.

Nobody said KHL is not a good league, either. You just make up reasons to defend yourself or the KHL.

I honestly don't even understand what makes you think I am happy just because Slovan left. The only team I'd be happy to see leave is Kunlun. It literally goes like that,

Some users: Given the circumstances, it will be really difficult for KHL to expand. We believe it is highly unlikely, because the expenses are too high compared to the income. Nobody wants to make such a dead investment.

Some other users: You hate KHL.

Why the **** would I hate a ****ing hockey league? Are we supposed to sacrifice a goat or something to make you believe that we love and care about KHL? What kind of a weird argument is that?
I will reply to the bold part.

Just a few words. Lev Prague left the league in 2014, but it did not prevent the league to expand with KRS.

So, I do not see any connection between any club leaving the KHL and its further expansion.

We all know why the European expansion was stopped after 2014. It has nothing to do with money, it is all about the political climate.

So, when the political climate is ready, the KHL will expand again.

And Lev, Medvescak, Yugra, Lada, Slovan whoever have nothing to do with it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Citation needed.

And ffs, I don't think anyone is hating KHL. It's just that when you have system that doesn't require sustainability on earned money but rather sugar daddy/-ies, you're bound to get casualties in environments that actually do operate on sustainability. This isn't on Slovan, it's on the KHL system that should have been set to real world economics from day one.

Last edited:

Toro2017

Sep 14, 2017
I know one poster here who's desperately trying to come up with a narrative...

As many times before, you were right again.

It is a process, whose details we do not know. Just an ordinary case.

-they spread their lie that there is no investor for Slovan. It is not true, the investor signed an agreement with Slovan. Earlier reports claimed the investor will become a majority owner.

Some might think that we dont know anything about this Slovan case. Well, atleast we can take KHL own tweet about the situation to parts and see what we know as KHL as our source.

first part:

The Kontinental Hockey League has been in contact with Slovan about the club's participation in the next championship.

Would KHL have any reason to contact Slovan if there would not be any problems?

And if so, would they need to come public with it, if there would not be any problems?

Could this be just somekind of a pr stunt that we just dont understand? Is this a cultural thing that (for example) finns do not understand?

second part:

The club's Vice President, Juraj Shiroki Jr, assured KHL more than once that an investor would be found, and the team will continue to play, but this did not happen.

So is there an investor or not?

It seems that KHL does not believe that there is an investor or the kind of an investor that would be of any use. Or might there be just some error in writing? If they used google translate or something like that, the meaning might have changed from original russian text.

But this way (by KHL own tweet) it looks like KHL is under the impression that Slovan does not have an investor. Or atleast the kind of investor that could make sure that Slovan will survive the next season.

third part:

At the same time, the former sponsors were ready to continue financing the team, but not to cover the club's debts which arose due to ineffective management.

The debts amassed by the club's management are also a stunbling block for new investors.

Well this does not look good at all. Because they are basicly saying that they (new and old investors) are ready to give some money for the season, but will not go "all in".

We were let to belive that the new investor would have money to "make Slovan Great again".

Some even suggested that not only would the new investor make Slovan a playoff team again, but might even bring Sparta Praha also to KHL. Now they dont even have the stomach to cover previous losses? Well good luck Slovan and even Sparta Praha, if they will go the same path.

fourth part:

To date, the club has no finances sedured for its participation in the KHL Championship 2019/2020 season.

The League continues to be in touch with all participants in order to resolve this existing issue. The new season's calendar will be compiled in two versions - with Slovan and without.

Again, this does not look good.

It does not mean anything at all, if Slovan have an investor, that have sign some documents with Slovan, if there is no finances secured for Slovan participation to next season.

Also that KHL makes it public that they will compile two different version of next season calendar is a signal that things does not look good. They did not need to say that (in public atleast) but for some reason choosed to do so.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
@Toro2017

I will try to reply your questions.

The KHL has been in contact with all teams all the time.

Journalists asked the league, so the league published a press release.

Not all the paperwork is done.

I do not know if you use google translate, it is your business.

The KHL has said many times, that there are clubs with mismanagement. Looks like Slovan is one of them.

The KHL has been working on multiple versions of the schedule every offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad