TV: HBO's The Night Of

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Just about every male has that. The first thing he did in the show was steal his dads car, then drank and did drugs and screwed a woman on the first date.

I'm just sick of so many people here saying the don't like Naz anymore because of this and that. Very narrow minded.

But whatever, I enjoyed the show and don't feel the need to pick every thing apart in a show like so many here.

It's not that people don't like him but I don't agree with selling prescription drugs at school plus throwing a full coke can at someone's head, throwing someone down the stairs is an average kid. I'm sorry it just isn't. Obviously he had his reasons but those actions are criminal.

My point was the kid in the pilot seemed very innocent. Good hard working family, tutor, good student and a bit naive. I wanted to see that kid survive in prison but we only had a glimpse of what he was really like. Some of the story was about perception and reality.

So if someone didn't like the character because he was turning in to a junkie and participated in a prison murder, what's wrong with that.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
people have to realize that even HBO has limited time and limited budgets to work with, tough creative choices have to be made.

i think ultimately they nailed down quite well what it was they were trying to depict: the court system along with the individuals that are in it and what goes on there. It also was a bit of a commentary on race, ethnic relations in America, particularly for people of middle eastern descent and of the Islamic faith. It was plenty of things, but first and foremost it was as I said an examination of the justice system and what can happen, what does sometimes happen. Pretty ambitious project and I think they did a fine job. This was a fictional story that had 8 episodes, they still have to be able to layer it and create a murder-mystery to advance things along in a limited time frame.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but I think the judge did it:

lawnmower%20man%20true%20detective.png

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
He's been in a lot of stuff lately. He played the crooked lawyer for Bobby Axelrod in Billions as well.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Brilliant show. Really liked how human every character was.
And Naz transformation in jail, yeah, it can happen that fast (perhaps not adding the muscle he did).
Was Naz father the only one who never doubted Naz? Even Naz him self seemed to doubt him self at times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad