TV: HBO's The Night Of

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I do agree. I think the whole prison thing could have been done much better. It seemed rushed most of the time while other parts of the show were drawn out.

How about less about the lawyers feet and more about the jail?

I think giving some dates or time stamps to show the passage of time would have helped a lot. Only the last episode on the security tape of Nas and Chandra did they show a 2/24 (I think that was it) date, meaning it had been 4 months since he went in. The whole show I found myself wondering, has it been a week, 2 months, 6 months? I had no idea.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
I guess he isn't considered the actually "murderer", but he would still be charged with murder as an accessory.

As it's pointed out already, just considered it being quite the stretch to call him a murderer due to his accessory status. If he would have switched roles with Freddy, fine, call him a murderer and Freddy the accessory.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
That's not the point. It's the prosecutors job to prove it.

The prosecutor would have an extremely difficult time proving that Nas filling out paperwork for whatever it was (inhaler, asthma medication) was a distraction to enable a murder.

And why would they spend time/resources charging him with something that they likely would be unable to prove?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
The prosecutor would have an extremely difficult time proving that Nas filling out paperwork for whatever it was (inhaler, asthma medication) was a distraction to enable a murder.

And why would they spend time/resources charging him with something that they likely would be unable to prove?

How about a conversation seconds before the killing?..the little video of him giving him a nod as they walk out of their cells? How about getting the other guy to admit he had Nas distract the guard. It's a MURDER, they aren't going to half ass the investigation, plus they clearly know exactly was Nas was doing, all they have to do is prove it.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
How about a conversation seconds before the killing?..the little video of him giving him a nod as they walk out of their cells? How about getting the other guy to admit he had Nas distract the guard. It's a MURDER, they aren't going to half ass the investigation, plus they clearly know exactly was Nas was doing, all they have to do is prove it.

As viewers we know - and Freddy and Nas knew - it was to enable a murder. But the prison staff and prosecutor would not.

Talking to someone has to mean you're planning a murder?
Nodding to someone has to mean you're planning a murder?

Do you see what I'm getting at? None of that proves anything. They didn't bother to open it up in the show, probably because they knew they wouldn't prove anything.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
And you guys see no difference to being charged with murder? I never denied that he would charged with the above. But still no murder.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Still a principal in the 2nd degree, and not the actual perpetrator of the crime.
Charged with 2nd degree murder would have been Freddy if he didn't plan or intended to kill him.

Last edited:

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007

The guy had a murder weapon on him with the victim's blood on it and his body. If they couldn't even convince the jury he murdered her, I doubt they will be able to convince them of the above.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
So basically unless there's video proof of anything, every piece of evidence ever is circumstantial? I never knew convicting someone is so difficult lol.

To be fair, in this situation the medical professional brought in by the defense, testified the knife could have been used during the 'game' Nas and Andrea played where he cut her hand, getting blood on the knife. This provides an explanation of how the knife could potentially, not be the murder weapon. So it has hard to say that it is for sure the murder weapon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad