HBO Parts 1 & 2 Discussion - *SPOILERS* All 24/7 Talk Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Nazzy answered "never" when Carlyle was asking about cross checking someone off the draw

Which is the proper answer... Who the hell, besides a goon wanting a fight crosscheckers someone off the draw? Then when we get a penalty for roughing suddenly everyone's like why'd that idiot crosscheck him for no reason LOL

clearthetrackk

Dec 25, 2013
Mimico
Which is the proper answer... Who the hell, besides a goon wanting a fight crosscheckers someone off the draw? Then when we get a penalty for roughing suddenly everyone's like why'd that idiot crosscheck him for no reason LOL

I agree. I didn't say it was the wrong answer.
I was correcting who I quoted

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
He is the center of attention because the 24/7 producers know how much hype(good and bad) goes on around this guy with the Leaf's fan base and because they suspect he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. He is media gold.

The Boo Weekly of hockey.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
He is the center of attention because the 24/7 producers know how much hype(good and bad) goes on around this guy with the Leaf's fan base and because they suspect he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. He is media gold.

Combine that with Kadri's a big talent and his big time character and you have excellent material for the show.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Does anyone know when On Demand will be offering the uncensored version of the second episode? I checked earlier today (I'm on Rogers) and the first episode is available in both PG-13 and uncensored versions but the second one is only available in the PG-13 version.

clearthetrackk

Dec 25, 2013
Mimico
Does anyone know when On Demand will be offering the uncensored version of the second episode? I checked earlier today (I'm on Rogers) and the first episode is available in both PG-13 and uncensored versions but the second one is only available in the PG-13 version.

48hrs after canadian premiere

Mine shows for both, are you looking under citytv?

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
48hrs after canadian premiere

Mine shows for both, are you looking under citytv?

Yes, it was CityTV I was looking at.

It is tough to see the entire description because it is so long but I went into each individually and all of the second episode ones said PG-13. I guess I could try watching each of them to see which one has swearing and therefore isn't censored.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

He didn't literally mean to crosscheck the other person in the face. He meant they need to get meaner and angry in the dot circle, especially if losing it.

Nice guys finish last.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
What a disgusting post.

What the hell did Clarkson accomplish? He yells at Bertuzzi about the water bottle, and Bertuzzi responds by making fun of him and calling him the "bottle police". Advantage Bertuzzi.
What on earth did that accomplish?
You're trying to say that Clarkson is paid 1st liner money to lecture and complain to opposing players?
What an asinine argument.

Don't get me wrong... I found it funny as hell. It made me like Clarkson more as a person and was hilarious to watch.
BUT VOCALLY MAKING FUN OF OPPOSING PLAYERS IS NOT WHAT CLARKSON IS PAID 1ST LINE MONEY FOR!!!!!!

HUNDREDS of 3rd and 4th line players are paid somewhere near league minimum to "complain about water bottles" and other such 'symbols'. THAT'S what Clarkson should be paid if you think that's what his main job should be.

Actually it was Clarkson that called Bertuzzi the bottle police, because of how Bertuzzi kept getting mad at how it shouldn't have been on the ice in the 1st place. It's also clearly Clarkson's voice.

But seriously guys, why are people making fun of Clarkson for defending the water bottle? It's not so much that he was defending the bottle, but the fact that Bertuzzi disrespected Bernier by slapping it away, and making him go fetch it afterwards. I had the same reaction as Clarkson when Bertuzzi did it during the game. It's the same thing as shooting the puck at the goalie after the whistle. Is it harmful? No, but it's disrespectful.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Exactly, it's not that Bertuzzi hit a water bottle. It's that he hit away THE TEAM'S water bottle. You don't just let guys do that.

He didn't take a penalty, he went over, got in Bert's face and told him not to touch the teams property. Respect to Clarkson.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
Would someone mind PM'ing me a YT link to episodes 2 & 3 if they're aware of any? Would be much appreciated.

Also, just so I add to the thread in some manner :)laugh:), what do you guys think of Carlyle in comparison to Babcock?

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Combine that with Kadri's a big talent and his big time character and you have excellent material for the show.

Yup. There may not have been a huge star on that show, but we atleast saw how entertaining some of these guys are. Detroit has been a big letdown in that regard. Honestly, Cleary and Alfy have gotten the most camera time. Smith to a lesser extent too. Yeesh. Zzzzzz.

wulfio*

Yup. There may not have been a huge star on that show, but we atleast saw how entertaining some of these guys are. Detroit has been a big letdown in that regard. Honestly, Cleary and Alfy have gotten the most camera time. Smith to a lesser extent too. Yeesh. Zzzzzz.

I find the entire show to be pretty boring this year to be honest. They are focusing so much on the story they are trying to narrate that it's not as much of a behind the scenes thing as the pits vs. wash season was. The earlier incarnations were so much more candid, and this season is very staged.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Next episode should be a doozy.

Phaneuf extension, Gleason trade, alumni game (I assume they will touch on it) and winter classic game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig