HBO Parts 1 & 2 Discussion - *SPOILERS* All 24/7 Talk Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Also, when JvR was talking about his father playing hockey, did he take a low blow at Brysgalov?

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON

snizzbone*

I hope they did a little feature on Kessel for the last episode.. maybe with his sister as well as she was in Toronto for the CAN/USA exhibition game at the ACC.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
especially because, Clarkson was so intense about it. it wasn't even like "you're a [badword here] about it." but "you hit his waterbottle dude! It's OUR WATERBOTTLE."

but i' like a guy who is that intense about it. it's sort of like when he said he beat someone up and asked why, and Clarkson said "I didn't like the way he was looking at me." or something to that extent.

The water bottle though funny, really tells you before Clarkson came to this team. No one would would defend this team's logo. The bottle is a symbol, as Clarkson said "don't touch our water bottle" Bertuzzi says "I'll buy you one", Clarkson replies 'You do that". That was a great exchange but underneath it all you can tell Bertuzzi knew exactly what Clarkson was defending. Some people laugh at intangibles, but you think 5.5 would have done something like that? Clarkson is a beaut.

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
The water bottle though funny, really tells you before Clarkson came to this team. No one would would defend this team's logo. The bottle is a symbol, as Clarkson said "don't touch our water bottle" Bertuzzi says "I'll buy you one", Clarkson replies 'You do that". That was a great exchange but underneath it all you can tell Bertuzzi knew exactly what Clarkson was defending. Some people laugh at intangibles, but you think 5.5 would have done something like that? Clarkson is a beaut.

Seemed to me like Bertuzzi was chirping him for even caring about the bottle.. Asked him if he was the "bottle police"...

Disgruntled Observer*

What a disgusting post.

What the hell did Clarkson accomplish? He yells at Bertuzzi about the water bottle, and Bertuzzi responds by making fun of him and calling him the "bottle police". Advantage Bertuzzi.
What on earth did that accomplish?
You're trying to say that Clarkson is paid 1st liner money to lecture and complain to opposing players?
What an asinine argument.

Don't get me wrong... I found it funny as hell. It made me like Clarkson more as a person and was hilarious to watch.
BUT VOCALLY MAKING FUN OF OPPOSING PLAYERS IS NOT WHAT CLARKSON IS PAID 1ST LINE MONEY FOR!!!!!!

HUNDREDS of 3rd and 4th line players are paid somewhere near league minimum to "complain about water bottles" and other such 'symbols'. THAT'S what Clarkson should be paid if you think that's what his main job should be.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
especially because, Clarkson was so intense about it. it wasn't even like "you're a [badword here] about it." but "you hit his waterbottle dude! It's OUR WATERBOTTLE."

but i' like a guy who is that intense about it. it's sort of like when he said he beat someone up and asked why, and Clarkson said "I didn't like the way he was looking at me." or something to that extent.

Didn't he take a shot after the whistle? If so that's what it was about.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
agreed that was badass

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Also, when JvR was talking about his father playing hockey, did he take a low blow at Brysgalov?

Yeah I thought that was pretty funny but a little risqué.

Although... JvR played with Bryz in Philly so I guess he has that sense of familiarity with Bryz.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I sorta found Naz a little exasperating...

I know he's just young and all that but come on... saying "friends" and then the comment about not getting mad when he loses a draw...

I think, and hope, it was just that Naz got confused by the way the questions were worded. At least he makes the effort to do good by the coach...

It's actually really surprising that these things seem so foreign to these guys. The Leafs need to hire the crew that made the new Netflix commercial to be the inspirational motivators in the dressing room between periods...

That's probably the scariest thing... watching these guys be so unmotivated...

For Chrissakes! They're playing hockey, and they need pep talks like they're sitting through 3 hours long conference calls about the new memo on using less paper around the office...

clearthetrackk

Dec 25, 2013
Mimico

I know he's just young and all that but come on... saying "friends" and then the comment about not getting mad when he loses a draw...

I think, and hope, it was just that Naz got confused by the way the questions were worded. At least he makes the effort to do good by the coach...

It's actually really surprising that these things seem so foreign to these guys. The Leafs need to hire the crew that made the new Netflix commercial to be the inspirational motivators in the dressing room between periods...

For Chrissakes! They're playing hockey, and they need pep talks like they're sitting through 3 hours long conference calls about the new memo on using less paper around the office...

Nazzy answered "never" when Carlyle was asking about cross checking someone off the draw

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009

Kadri either wasn't paying full attention when asked the question or he didn't fully understand it so there's no need to get up in arms about it. And he never said that he doesn't get mad after losing a FO, he said that he's never slashed anyone after losing one.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
What a disgusting post.

What the hell did Clarkson accomplish? He yells at Bertuzzi about the water bottle, and Bertuzzi responds by making fun of him and calling him the "bottle police". Advantage Bertuzzi.
You're trying to say that Clarkson is paid 1st liner money to lecture and complain to opposing players?

Don't get me wrong... I found it funny as hell. It made me like Clarkson more as a person and was hilarious to watch. Except for that EVIL side of course?BUT VOCALLY MAKING FUN OF OPPOSING PLAYERS IS NOT WHAT CLARKSON IS PAID 1ST LINE MONEY FOR!!!!!!

HUNDREDS of 3rd and 4th line players are paid somewhere near league minimum to "complain about water bottles" and other such 'symbols'. THAT'S what Clarkson should be paid if you think that's what his main job should be.

Was he lecturing and complaining or making fun or both?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
What a disgusting post.

Don't get me wrong... I found it funny as hell. It made me like Clarkson more as a person and was hilarious to watch.
BUT VOCALLY MAKING FUN OF OPPOSING PLAYERS IS NOT WHAT CLARKSON IS PAID 1ST LINE MONEY FOR!!!!!!

I'm sure Bernier appreciated Clarkson's obsession with his water bottle.

He it doesn't mean anything, please send me your water bottle, I'd like to use it for target practice. :laugh:

clearthetrackk

Dec 25, 2013
Mimico
What a disgusting post.

Gotta love the passion.
Anyone who's willing to step up and get in someones face when their team is blatantly disrepspected is good in my books. A true Canadian
What they are paid has nothing to do with it

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
That Carlyle "complacency seminar" kinda pissed me off.

He was asking a question like they were in primary school.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Because he is naive.

Carlyle: When was the last time anyone got angry we lost the draw?

Naz?

Naz: Never.

Says what the coach wants to hear. Music to Carlyle's ears. A veteran would stay quiet.

I love how you misquote what was said, and then use it to make an argument against the player. He asked Kadri a serious question - When was the last time you cross-checked someone across the arm during a face-off. A veteran would have also answered never.

Kadri said he never cross-checked someone across the arms during a draw, that has nothing to do with not getting mad during faceoffs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig