TV: HBO: Euphoria

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Maddy standing on the other side of the door, that one hit too. I felt that deep. I felt that hurting.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sometimes the internet is good

A0F188E0-533F-41C7-B06D-3319F02A6384.jpeg

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
That whole ash scene was some of the dumbest shit and lazy writing imo. Just made 0 sense to do all of that from the character's position. They really couldn't think of a better way to write out a character?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That whole ash scene was some of the dumbest shit and lazy writing imo. Just made 0 sense to do all of that from the character's position. They really couldn't think of a better way to write out a character?
He’s the one who killed Mouse and kept hitting Cal with the gun when he was in the house, so they had established that he’s unhinged at the very least, and he didn’t want Fez to get hit with murder. And you know the show is going to be traumatic on purpose. It seemed fine to me what they did, I’m just disappointed that storyline is completely cut off for season 3

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
He’s the one who killed Mouse and kept hitting Cal with the gun when he was in the house, so they had established that he’s unhinged at the very least, and he didn’t want Fez to get hit with murder. And you know the show is going to be traumatic on purpose. It seemed fine to me what they did, I’m just disappointed that storyline is completely cut off for season 3
The thing is, him shooting at cops and killing them is not what is going to make Fez not go into prison lmao. Im sure someone who has sold drugs for years would know this. Hell he just made it even more likely for Fez to end up in jail. Bein unhinged is one thing. Locking yourself into a bathroom when your friends are still in this house and deciding to have a shootout with the cops (for honestly what reason?) is another. Man was asking for Fez to be killed.

The whole situation just felt like really lazy writing to me. Was an easy way to get rid of a character that got a job on another show. He showed none of the tendencies in the first season, but then all of a sudden he flips a switch in season 2 and is a psychopath? And again, remember theres not a lot of a time jump from season 1 to 2.

There were some high points throughout the season but they didnt stick the landing for me.

Also, checking the Euphoria subreddit ive seen two separate threads saying that Sue is a perfect mother :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:. How low does your bar need to be for her to be considered a perfect mother, sheeeesh.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The thing is, him shooting at cops and killing them is not what is going to make Fez not go into prison lmao. Im sure someone who has sold drugs for years would know this. Hell he just made it even more likely for Fez to end up in jail. Bein unhinged is one thing. Locking yourself into a bathroom when your friends are still in this house and deciding to have a shootout with the cops (for honestly what reason?) is another. Man was asking for Fez to be killed.

The whole situation just felt like really lazy writing to me. Was an easy way to get rid of a character that got a job on another show. He showed none of the tendencies in the first season, but then all of a sudden he flips a switch in season 2 and is a psychopath? And again, remember theres not a lot of a time jump from season 1 to 2.

There were some high points throughout the season but they didnt stick the landing for me.

Also, checking the Euphoria subreddit ive seen two separate threads saying that Sue is a perfect mother :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:. How low does your bar need to be for her to be considered a perfect mother, sheeeesh.
Suze was definitely a perfect entertaining mother lmao. It is a departure from the borderline deadbeat she seemed in season 1 when she had completely given up and seemed Lexi and Cassie were on their own. Not following up on Lexi and Cassie’s relationship is probably my biggest grievance, because until then there had been no real tension the two, but they did make it where she saw her relationship with Rue as just as important.

I’m not gonna say that it was perfect, or even the best since they had not established yet that they would have main characters die, but I can buy Ash having a mind that acts older than he should and having the mentality that he’d rather go down with his boys in a blaze of glory, but still being too dumb as a kid to understand how irrational that was, which you could see on his face in the end.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
If the rumors are true and season 3 wont come out till 2024 then rip.

Can't see this show going past 4 seasons, and Covid really f***ed them from potentially getting more out of the show before a lot of these actors/actresses blew up. But at least we got those 2 covid episodes which for me personally, have been the highlight of the show so far.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Didn't love the finale but it was still entertaining.

I think they established that Ash has been so traumatized and so brought up in the life that he doesn't understand anything else, so even though what he was doing was stupid I don't think it was out of character.

I was disappointed they left the whole Laurie storyline hanging after Rue escaped, feel like something should have happened there.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Didn't love the season finale, especially considering the prior episode. Cassie is an even bigger box of rocks than I thought and Nate is an even worse person than I thought.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

I don't think it is particularly fair to use reason with regards to a mentally-compromised pre-teen (I know he is 13 in S2 but that is basically in the "trying to figure out what is going on with my new crazy hormones" ballpark) being put into a situation where he faces spending a long time (more time than he has even been alive) in prison and cut off from Fez to do something insanely stupid.

Ashtray had good instincts in terms of reading the room and sensing danger, but his solution has pretty much always led to violence when it has been an option.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
If the finale did one thing, it completely redeemed Faye in the span of a single scene.

Her gaslighting Custer was very clever and if not for Ashtray it probably would have worked out in the end.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Just an OK episode, really strong season though.

There's no way HBO wouldn't have wanted a season 3 but it's interesting this could have worked as a good series finale, just like the season 1 finale.

member 51464

The writing is so bad. The showrunner needs to get some help.

Plot holes and overall just all flash and no substance.

Entertaining enough with the quality soundtrack and slick visuals, but there is not much depth here. I am just glad I binged season 1 and all of 2 leading up to the final two episodes. Had I watched all along as these came out, I'd have been very disappointed.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Sometimes I think this show is fantastic and sometimes I think it is written just for twitter reactions

Reactions: DaaaaB's

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I watched both seasons the past week or two and found it quite entertaining. Made me cringe sometimes and definitely over the top at times but overall pretty good.

I think my favourite part might have been Maddy slapping around Cassie lol. Cassie was so annoying and unlikeable but the actress who played her is pretty good. The actor who plays Ali is excellent. Lexi and Jules are my favourite characters, definitely the most likeable characters on the show along with Ali. Fez is cool too, hope he's back but not sure how that'll work.

Maddy is a headcase but also kind of a sweetheart. She reminds me of a few girls I knew/still know from high school. Zendaya does a great job playing Rue and it'll be interesting to see if she stays clean as well as what happens with Laurie. Cal was messed up but ultimately wasn't a terrible guy. I kind of felt bad for him getting arrested, he's really not a pedophile just shouldn't have took Jules word that she was 22. Eric Dane did a great job playing him.

Not sure where they go with it in season 3 other than the Laurie storyline. I'd have to assume Rue relapses eventually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad